Old cars rotting away on your route?

65Goat

Scan0001.jpg

I hope this picture uploads, it was supposed to go with my last post about the Mach I with the 351 Cleveland. It met it's demise at the hands of a sharp turn and a barbed wire fence.

65Goat

The rear view mirror was useless in those cars. But like many race car drivers say, what's behind you isn't important.
As I recall there was more behind you than in front! I only got to drive it a handful of times, but it was VERY fast.

65Goat

image.jpeg I saw the early Firebird in a yard. The picture quality isn't very good but I felt like I was in a scene from "Winters Bone" if you know what I mean. Time was of the essence.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The F40 was not a big seller.

There were only 272 288 GTO's. It was meant for racing but the class it was designed for was dissolved so it never saw the race track. They ended up all being road cars. Top speed was 189 mph (304 km/h), making it the first street-legal production car to reach 300 km/h (186 mph).

yes, I wiki'ed that info since I get them confused sometimes.

JL 0513

I never understand all the people who keep unregistered cars and they end up sitting forever. Not classic old cars but I see tons of cars, mostly from the '90's and early 2000's that are just rotting in yards. Some were taken off the road still in good condition and could have been sold for some decent money at the time they took it off the road. But once it sits for years it becomes worthless. Why do people forfeit money when they can get it?