Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

5habits100

No worries, the guys an idiot and he can't make a point without being hateful to someone. He is a narrow minded, blind follower. He has changed his avatar several times but claims to be this big bad social media poster. I honestly feel sorry for him. I am sure he is a decent person and means well but this just isn't the place for all the hateful banter. So I will quit "sparring" and being hateful myself. I am never going to let him draw me into his negative, hateful life again. I will ignore him for the sake of everyone. Unless, of course, he ever has something intelligent to say. :p
You should READ you own posts then talk about being hateful. You're not only those but disrespectful.

Does this site always have to be so hateful?

It's not life or death.
If someone on here doesn't like African Americans homosexual or women and makes a comment about them I'm going to snap a little. I'm goofy like that. I will always call someone out on these issues. A poster made a sexist comment and I commented. I didn't quote said poster just made a comment. Said poster felt bad about his post and fired back at me in quotes. I will never be sorry for calls my anyone out on race sexual orientation or gender. I also have studied Judaism extensively and love them as well. That's another comment that would make me get a little mean.

No worries, the guys an idiot and he can't make a point without being hateful to someone. He is a narrow minded, blind follower. He has changed his avatar several times but claims to be this big bad social media poster. I honestly feel sorry for him. I am sure he is a decent person and means well but this just isn't the place for all the hateful banter. So I will quit "sparring" and being hateful myself. I am never going to let him draw me into his negative, hateful life again. I will ignore him for the sake of everyone. Unless, of course, he ever has something intelligent to say. :p
You are a wanna be. You want to be me. You don't like me. You never have because you look at me as someone who you feel is responsible for you going into another health plan. That hurt your feelings. You have a buddy on here that has shared my personal information and I really don't care. You want to be me and it's so obvious. Keep degrading women on here. I know them all and I'll show them what you have to say and then you will have a bunch of people on here just like me that don't have patience for the narrow minded. You and your buddy will still be the two guys standing by yourself at the dance with yourselves. And you're a hateful person because of this.

10 point

Thanks. No one is interested in where I've been or where I'm going. Most would prefer I just go.
I didn't really care where you've been. It was just a greeting with a little jab for fun.
I like jabs as long as I'm the jabber and not the jabbee.

BTW: Orion is evidently PAS with GPS that changes your electronic manifest?
So if (like the previous poster mentioned) your DOL is screwed up ...still... and it takes an act of Congress to change that issue then why even help the Orion "team" supe make adjustments on your ride since they didnt want your input from the onset of this electronic dispatch implementation?

And if the objective is still to reduce miles and thus driving positions why isn't there an outcry from the IBT on reducing the bargaining unit?

I didn't really care where you've been. It was just a greeting with a little jab for fun.
I like jabs as long as I'm the jabber and not the jabbee.

BTW: Orion is evidently PAS with GPS that changes your electronic manifest?
So if (like the previous poster mentioned) your DOL is screwed up ...still... and it takes an act of Congress to change that issue then why even help the Orion "team" supe make adjustments on your ride since they didnt want your input from the onset of this electronic dispatch implementation?

And if the objective is still to reduce miles and thus driving positions why isn't there an outcry from the IBT on reducing the bargaining unit?
I wouldn't help them either. It's their company. It's their truck. It's their route. You just run the route and treat the people nice. Where've it directs you just go there the safest way possible.

I used to love to follow edd pas 100%. it was stupid but who cares. Work as directed. When they instructed me to stop we pretty much made it an act of congress and a star was born or actually just got a whole lot bigger. Become one with Orion and just follow it.

Inthegame

Business always tries to reduce costs. There is no outcry because since the implementation of ORION, the bargaining unit has increased.

I think that it is admirable that women can do pkg car work. Although, my experience is that only about half of them can actually do the work of a man. In my building most of the women are guaranteed power steering vehicles and very few of them can lift a 70lb. package with ease. I do not advocate that they be paid less but I do wonder what UPS would do with a man that couldn't lift a 70lb. Pkg and couldn't drive a non power steering vehicle? Again, I am not being chauvinist but it should be fair across the board, don't you think?

theslinger

This is why Orion doesn't work.
How the hell am I suppose to go from one shelf to another, doing air and ground before 1030?
Seems my loader has tomorrow off and wanted to get off early and start his weekend early. He just eventually started to throw packages in my truck.

Attachments

• 1424401177225.jpg
    1424401177225.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 125

10 point

Business always tries to reduce costs. There is no outcry because since the implementation of ORION, the bargaining unit has increased.
Steady increases parallel and simultaneous growth with package and freight volume growth?

Growth of bargining unit seems to have been because of overall volume growth plus the extra drivers put on in the last 20 months or so.

I'd have to see true numbers to compare apples with apples because edd and probably Orion were introduced to reduce routes in each building and until lately the number of pkg car jobs in our building was reduced with drivers going out with more volume, more stops, and over 9.5s were out of control.
I can't buy an across the board increase of ft drivers jobs because the company is generous. The 9.5 language is a clear indication that the company is wanting to become "more efficient" by abusing the ft drivers they still employ.

The question remains: if the technology is being implemented that reduces the bona fide bargaining unit minus the volume growth then we are letting the company sell fools gold and we're either too lazy (complacent) to combat it or we just don't care because we all are not affected.

That is the evidence that demands a verdict.

Last edited:
image.jpg
I think that it is admirable that women can do pkg car work. Although, my experience is that only about half of them can actually do the work of a man. In my building most of the women are guaranteed power steering vehicles and very few of them can lift a 70lb. package with ease. I do not advocate that they be paid less but I do wonder what UPS would do with a man that couldn't lift a 70lb. Pkg and couldn't drive a non power steering vehicle? Again, I am not being chauvinist but it should be fair across the board, don't you think?

10 point

The bargaining unit has increased as a result of the knee jerk reaction to the peak season debacle of 2013, not ORION.
We all knew they needed more employees before. It just got really "public" this time.
Let's see....lose major shippers (who got egg on their faces at 2013 peak too) or hire some drivers to appease the folks that pay our bills? Hmmm....

Maybe Amazon should negotiate our next CBA for us.

PT Car Washer

About 8-12 of those "needed" people are now laid off in my building these days.
After waiting as much as 11 years, these "people" now have no income or insurance some weeks.
Welcome to Teamcare.
We have the same situation in my building except the laid off drivers are working two sorts inside to keep their benefits and have a paycheck. I can't believe an employee with 11 years is sitting at home unless that is his choice.