Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

Irishman Collins

Yes It needs to be the same for both. I drove the old 800's and 500s that had wooden shelves, doors, and no power anything and the high step. But that is all any of us had. I have not seen the special treatment you have. Thats in another thread.
We have at least 4 women in our hub that cannot lift 70lb pkgs or drive non power steering vehicles. The only point I was trying to make was. Would that be acceptable if they were men? Then the ultra sensitive posters thought I was degrading women some how. I am not saying women shouldn't vote, wear a burka, or sit in the back of the bus. I am saying is it fair? That is all, and I am sorry the wanna be macho, ultra sensitive can't handle that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have at least 4 women in our hub that cannot lift 70lb pkgs or drive non power steering vehicles. The only point I was trying to make was. Would that be acceptable if they were men? Then the ultra sensitive posters thought I was degrading women some how. I am not saying women shouldn't vote, wear a burka, or sit in the back of the bus. I am saying is it fair? That is all, and I am sorry the wanna be macho, ultra sensitive can't handle that.

No that is not fair. Kinda like when they put the trainees in the newer autos, and stuck some of us back in the relics. That was not right either, but it was their decision, not ours. I have a tool and die delivery and pick up, many times I will have 6 over 140. If someone offers, sure I will take the help, who would not? Usually no one is around so I roll them off a table onto the truck, and they stay where they land. 70 pds is nothing. And I see men and women smaller than me who lift 70 like nothing. Although the human back should not lift more than 50 repetitively, as told to me by a chiropractor.

No that is not fair. Kinda like when they put the trainees in the newer autos, and stuck some of us back in the relics. That was not right either, but it was their decision, not ours. I have a tool and die delivery and pick up, many times I will have 6 over 140. If someone offers, sure I will take the help, who would not? Usually no one is around so I roll them off a table onto the truck, and they stay where they land. 70 pds is nothing. And I see men and women smaller than me who lift 70 like nothing. Although the human back should not lift more than 50 repetitively, as told to me by a chiropractor.
You are a good woman.

5habits100

There are men that can't lift over 70's, driver a non power steering vehicle also. You said what you said now don't change your story. Don't worry we know you're macho.

Irishman Collins

You must one of about six members of this site that don't know who I am and that I am from Ohio.
Ohio is the black sheep of the Central Region. There are only a couple locals that I know of that get any respect from the C.R. I would tell you to call the I.B.T. but unless you are in one of the "favored" locals your call would be ignored for the most part. I would try the labor board and if that doesn't work. File a grievance against the company for their failure to hear grievances in a timely manner. Even if their not at fault it would put some liability on both parties to hear the grievances. My local for the most part hears grievances in a timely manner but they are definitely pro "Hoffa", which I cannot stand.

Irishman Collins

Three times per year...or so.
Deadlocked.
On hold.
On hold.
Postponed.
Docketed.
Referred back to square one.
Stall.
Stall.

Yeah. It works like a well oiled machine.
Manure spreader comes to mind.
I am afraid that is the norm in most locals. It is honestly a crying shame that this is accepted by our Union leaders. We must vote for change!

Ron Carey lives on

The panels and j.a.c s ive been to over the last 20 years, the company is clearly in control. The ex lawyer labor managers eat BA 's cases for lunch. Im not cheerleading for Zuck, he is 1 of the few that will literally shut a company panel member up

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You must one of about six members of this site that don't know who I am and that I am from Ohio.

Should I tell him ? :biggrin:

"mea culpa".

Ohio is the black sheep of the Central Region.

Really.

There are only a couple locals that I know of that get any respect from the C.R.

If you don't respect the "powers that be"

And, continually bad mouth everyone, with TDU nonsense....

Hey, it's the bed you've made. Now lie in it.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

TDU, TDU....Boo Hoo for the TDU.

The TDU Boogie Man rears his ugly head again.

Gets some new material...or better game.
The_Oogie_Boogie_Man_by_Mr_FunnyFace_zpsxf1d9sp1.jpg

Irishman Collins

Should I tell him ? :biggrin:

"mea culpa".

Really.

-Bug-
I don't know what that means but I did find it interesting enough to print out. I know someone who would find your comments interesting. A threat for being TDU. Looks, like great campaign literature. In addition, i am not TDU nor have I ever been but I do find your comments questionable, to say the least. I wonder if threats are protected on this group? I doubt it, I'll see what our lawyers have to say about this. Anyway, just a lesson for you. Remember free speech only goes so far. There are limitations you know, lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Get some new material...or better game.

Think about.... what you just said.

It might come handy, in an election.

I don't know what that means but I did find it interesting enough to print out. I know someone who would find your comments interesting. A threat for being TDU. Looks, like great campaign literature. In addition, i am not TDU nor have I ever been but I do find your comments questionable, to say the least. I wonder if threats are protected on this group? I doubt it, I'll see what our lawyers have to say about this. Anyway, just a lesson for you. Remember free speech only goes so far. There are limitations you know, lol.

Yawn.

-Bug-

Ron Carey lives on

You don't have to be tdu to question IBT officials. They get paid very well to do their job. If a Executive officer can't take some constructive criticism from members on the front line that actually deal with Ups s shenanigans, maybe they should resign

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
New and better material abounds with every move they make.

It will...for sure...come in handy.

Atta boy.

If you would "give up" because of me busting your chops....

You're not cut out, to deal with being elected in to office.

Or, having the privilege of representing your fellow Union members.

-Bug-

What are you going to take your ball and go home? This is a discussion forum and you got your feelings hurt. Are you going to cry? You are mess. Pick your self up and dust yourself off. It's going to be okay.

Irishman Collins

Atta boy.

If you would "give up" because of me busting your chops....

You're not cut out, to deal with being elected in to office.

Or, having the privilege of representing your fellow Union members.

-Bug-
The privilege of representing Union members or the IBT? Most of our current Union officials only represent the interest of the IBT, not it's members. We need leaders who will charge up the hill with its members. Not it's members charging up the hill alone. Why our leaders sit in cushy offices and call the opposition to tell them the exact time the members will be charging the hill. I ask any Union official to take an honest look at themselves and ask which am i? Am I charging with the members or am I sitting in my office pretending to be leading while I am chatting and scheming with the other side?

Irishman Collins

You don't have to be tdu to question IBT officials. They get paid very well to do their job. If a Executive officer can't take some constructive criticism from members on the front line that actually deal with Ups s shenanigans, maybe they should resign

Sent using BrownCafe App
When they have nothing intelligent to come back with. They always refer to TDU it's all they got considering the terrible track record that the current administration has. I think it is hilarious that my comments touch a nerve. It shows a guilty conscious if you ask me.