ORION

barnyard

KTM rider
Are you saying that they beat the orion miles under, or went over. Here the country routes are under some by 40 a day. Others go over by 20+ especially city routes.

We had a city route under by 27 the other day, everyone else was under by 5-17 miles. From what I am seeing, most everyone is consistently beating Orion by enough that the team should pack up and go home. The people that are beating it are in the 70% compliance range.

If I were a center manager, I would kick them out.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We had a city route under by 27 the other day, everyone else was under by 5-17 miles. From what I am seeing, most everyone is consistently beating Orion by enough that the team should pack up and go home. The people that are beating it are in the 70% compliance range.

The center manager does not have that authority.

The center manager is at the bottom of the chain. The orders come from corporate.

Corporate > Region M > District M > Division M > center manager

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Wow. yeah who needs Orion. just tell us to cut miles.

barnyard

KTM rider
I will certainly grant that we have a few drivers that are not very good at their job and Orion may help them get better. The majority though are seeing no benefit at all. If a person can beat the miles by following EDD instead of ODO, I would say that the Orion team should go back to their regular assignment or just find other work.

Right now, as an investor, I would say that they are wasting my money.

S

selfcancelsignal

The center manager does not have that authority.

The center manager is at the bottom of the chain. The orders come from corporate.

Corporate > Region M > District M > Division M > center manager
That's entirely too much unnecessary management!

Stopher

No more talk about Orion please. We have been beating this subject to death. For those centers that have it you know what a joke it is. For those about to get it you will soon find out how pointless it really is. Management is just butt hurt that they wasted millions on a completely flawed system. They thought by implementing this foolish system that they could pull anybody off the street and have them go deliver for ups. Didn't work. Let's stop beating this dead horse. Orion sux bad but its coming to a town near u.

Stopher

Leave the dirty work up to the drivers and not the young gun or fat ass upstairs that could never do our job. It's the drivers that "get it done" everyday.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No more talk about Orion please. We have been beating this subject to death. For those centers that have it you know what a joke it is. For those about to get it you will soon find out how pointless it really is. Management is just butt hurt that they wasted millions on a completely flawed system. They thought by implementing this foolish system that they could pull anybody off the street and have them go deliver for ups. Didn't work. Let's stop beating this dead horse. Orion sux bad but its coming to a town near u.
We cant stop the talk. I never paid attention to the multiple threads til I was on it. Comfort in numbers.

barbacide5150

Just got Orion in my center. Ya concept is good If one likes to over think a simple problem from point a to b. So Orion dude rode with me one day and said good to go_Only problem is it was the first time I had my normal route. You see my center will elimanate a route with 220 stops so we all go out with a 170 stops a day. That's the edict from the district manager. 170 per car doesn't matter how many hours you work. The average formy center is a 12 hour plus. Management doesen't even care. Thanks for the 13 hour days I guess. So,he wanted me to sign and commit to38 miles a day a 86% orion route comliance. Ya that doesen't fly. My management team doubles my miles to give me pocket splits so I make the 170 stopper car. They could care about saving miles!!!! So crazy.

barbacide5150

And did I mention that I supposed to at least 20 stops per hour. Thats 1 a stop every three minutes. with a 170 stops were is the time to take a piss or :censored2: eat lunch.supposed to do that i 9 hours.ya right.

Future

Victory Ride
And did I mention that I supposed to at least 20 stops per hour. Thats 1 a stop every three minutes. with a 170 stops were is the time to take a piss or :censored2: eat lunch.supposed to do that i 9 hours.ya right.
Are they still going to push this ORION to every building? I heard no in ours.

Future

Victory Ride
Leave the dirty work up to the drivers and not the young gun or fat ass upstairs that could never do our job. It's the drivers that "get it done" everyday.
Yes agree....Job has gotten alot tougher in the past 25 years.....Its the small things that r adding up ......didnt sign this sheet that sheet etc etc.....and the pkgs on avg have become very heavy...

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
Orion wouldn't be so bad if it was dynamic. If it updated "on the go" and changed based on... well changing conditions. It will be a lot more handy.