Orlando night club shooting

BrownArmy

What are the details about the armed security guard who was at Pulse on the night of the shootings?

Heard it on the radio, not sure if it's true or not.

BrownArmy

Why did the Pulse club crowd not incapacitate the gunman?

Quora's highlighted answers to questions change depending on multiple factors - I'm linking to 'Joe Buettner's answer, which starts like this:

"We don’t have an exact timeline of the Orlando Nightclub Shootings yet.

I can tell you that there is no way anyone from the club’s crowd could have incapacitated the shooter in the first moments of the attack; it doesn’t matter if anyone in the crowd was armed (which somebody was). A lot of the reasons this particular attack was the worst mass shooting in American history revolve around the venue; nightclubs are absurdly dangerous when anything goes wrong. I’ll qualify those opinions later...
"

Actually, most of the other answers in this Quora thread are interesting, have at it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yet...

'Well regulated'...

Are y'all saying there should be no regulations on the second amendment?
I don't think that is what Madison mean when he and the other framers of the Bill Of Rights wrote them.

The Second Amendment: The Framers' Intentions

The words "well regulated" had a far different meaning at the time the Second Amendment was drafted. In the context of the Constitution's provisions for Congressional power over certain aspects of the militia, and in the context of the Framers' definition of "militia," government regulation was not the intended meaning. Rather, the term meant only what it says, that the necessary militia be well regulated, but not by the national government.

One can argue that the Civil War made States rights dead and so the National government "should" assume those rights.

BrownArmy

I don't think that is what Madison mean when he and the other framers of the Bill Of Rights wrote them.

The Second Amendment: The Framers' Intentions

The words "well regulated" had a far different meaning at the time the Second Amendment was drafted. In the context of the Constitution's provisions for Congressional power over certain aspects of the militia, and in the context of the Framers' definition of "militia," government regulation was not the intended meaning. Rather, the term meant only what it says, that the necessary militia be well regulated, but not by the national government.

One can argue that the Civil War made States rights dead and so the National government "should" assume those rights.

OK, I'm game.

Socratic method, I'll start:

In 2016, what is your definition of 'militia'?