Overallowance and harassment

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to have a "Safety manager" guy who lived in Duluth and every time he came to our center he would find me in the little town I was delivering to doing something wrong. Keys in the ignition-bulkhead door open-talking to a customer. He would proceed to chew me out for 10 minutes as I pretended to be concerned. One day just as he was opening his pie hole to begin his lecture I said "what code should I put this under?" He said "what do you mean" I said " well you're holding me up now so I need to have this time charged to something else other than delivery'. He shook his head and walked away and never bothered me again. It's was all a big game.

BrownSnowFlake

I’m not going to bother talking to the dispatcher or anyone in management
Now you’re starting to get it. These managers don’t know their fourth point of contact from a hole in the ground. Whenever they talk to me I just say “okay boss” and keep on trucking. You need to focus on being productive while working safely. If you’re a slow poke then make sure you really cross every T and dot every I with the safety methods.

PreTrippin’

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
My favorite thing I learned from an old crusty feeder guy: “Ok I’ll work on that” then continue doing exactly what you’ve been doing.

Works every time.

govols019

You smell that?
The best way to do this job is working as if there’s a supervisor sitting next to you all day.

This right here is the best answer....do that everyday and you'll never have an issue.

I loved when management rode with me...gave me someone new to talk to all day non stop. They, for some reason, didn't seem to look forward to it as much as I did.

10:30 resi

Why is there another driver in the office? Trying to publicly humiliate you? Sounds like harassment to me. If the manager wants to reprimand you that's something that needs to be done in private.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
But if you have a good day they'd ever mention it to you....
Exactly! We all know one of your "bonus buckets" are center +/- so if you're doing your job safely, and hitting scratch, how about some positive re-enforcement.
"Hey @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, in our last ride, I noticed you struggled with facing the bulkhead to close it, have you worked on that. Also, I've noticed you've been coming in somewhere between scratch and .50 over, keep up the good work and continue to work under control and safely. Have a good day out there"