Oz vs Vairma

Superteeth2478

It would be similar to the two party system in Washington, TDU would be the Dems, The Old guard the Reps...both will be looking out for the product first and foremost, protect the system in place, even if it means ignoring the wishes of the rank and file. Do not expect any real reforms from either, it is an illusion.. just pick the lesser to two evils and hope for some real leadership and much needed transparency with the negotiating committees.

It is hard to determine who is in the lead right now considering the lack of chatter on the Union sites. I expect a lot of anger over how the last Contract was handled and that the O’Brien ticket for the most part will win easily. The simple fact that him and his ticket were the ones who spoke out opposition prior to the forced ratification.
I'll just say that this guy knows what he's talking about. I'm predicting a Teamsters United win too, if only because there are so many people with a bad taste in their mouths over the last contract being imposed. Sad part is a lot of people won't even do the research and look into the opposition slate. The fact that they've been endorsed by Hoffa is more of a curse than a blessing, and even if they had good intentions it won't matter because Hoffa dug their grave for them.

542thruNthru

I'll just say that this guy knows what he's talking about. I'm predicting a Teamsters United win too, if only because there are so many people with a bad taste in their mouths over the last contract being imposed. Sad part is a lot of people won't even do the research and look into the opposition slate. The fact that they've been endorsed by Hoffa is more of a curse than a blessing, and even if they had good intentions it won't matter because Hoffa dug their grave for them.
OZ will win UPS, but UPS is less than 300k votes and not even half of them vote. That's out of 1.4 million teamsters.

The bad taste of a contract being pushed through is not as big as you may think.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
With the 2016 election ... Hoffa won by only 6,600 votes total...Out of the membership of 1,400,000 less than 200,000 even voted..So we had 1,200,000 union members that did not a 🐀’s ass who got into office.

And we do not have a problem with our leadership. 😳

Of the UPS members that voted 70 % of them voted for Zuckerman. In my local over 1,100 turned in their ballots, Hoffa got only 37 votes!

It is going to be a landslide this time around considering the 🤡 show with our 2018 contract.

542thruNthru

With the 2016 election ... Hoffa won by only 6,600 votes total...Out of the membership of 1,400,000 less than 200,000 even voted..So we had 1,200,000 union members that did not a 🐀’s ass who got into office.

And we do not have a problem with our leadership. 😳

Of the UPS members that voted 70 % of them voted for Zuckerman. In my local over 1,100 turned in their ballots, Hoffa got only 37 votes!

It is going to be a landslide this time around considering the 🤡 show with our 2018 contract.
351 Hoffa and 319 Zuck in my local. Out of 9k.

Pathetic.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
OZ will win UPS, but UPS is less than 300k votes and not even half of them vote. That's out of 1.4 million teamsters.

The bad taste of a contract being pushed through is not as big as you may think.
Lol
ACD0CF54-C897-4DAC-9FFE-05539B59FB3B.gif

who told you this lemme guess somebody on the team you’re backing

542thruNthru

Lol
View attachment 346995
who told you this lemme guess somebody on the team you’re backing
Told me what? You mean the contract being pushed through thing?

No one told me. Think about it though. How many voted on the contract? Then think about how many voted yes.

42,356 votes Yes on the contract out of 92,604.
Do you really think the people that voted yes are upset the contract was pushed through? What about the people that didn't vote because they didn't care? Think they are really upset?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That's why we're going to spread the message Make sure everybody votes because it's going to count

This one will be a big one..and expect very early negotiations for the 2023 contract right after we know the winner. There will be no last second deal, just too much to lose in both sides. The Federal bailout which will not be finalized till next year was a big one for those members in the Central and Southern..both sides are temporarily off the hook, see what plays out with the mid terms.

We will have to analyze the debates and see if there will be any major differences between the two candidates and their tickets. A bit skeptical right now.

This one will be a big one..and expect very early negotiations for the 2023 contract right after we know the winner. There will be no last second deal, just too much to lose in both sides. The Federal bailout which will not be finalized till next year was a big one for those members in the Central and Southern..both sides are temporarily off the hook, see what plays out with the mid terms.

We will have to analyze the debates and see if there will be any major differences between the two candidates and their tickets. A bit skeptical right now.
I just want the guys get a good contract. This is probably my last one so I'm really not as concerned

cachmeifucan

I got about 15 years to go so whoever wins hopefully does something. You think i can get 9 weeks vacation after 35 years. 10 weeks vacation at 40 years. My first year with 7 weeks. 2021. We already get 8 weeks at 30 and 4 option days.

542thruNthru

I got about 15 years to go so whoever wins hopefully does something. You think i can get 9 weeks vacation after 35 years. 10 weeks vacation at 40 years. My first year with 7 weeks. 2021. We already get 8 weeks at 30 and 4 option days.
You're 705 correct? Does the IBT pick your negotiating committee or does your local pick its own?