Peak 2017

whenIgetthere

In all fairness I believe he is a normally a part time pickup driver. He may not have the route knowledge of regular full time couriers.

I think he does a delivery route on Saturday, and if his station is like mine, we ran a Monday plan, pushing PT Saturday EE's to areas they're not familiar with. Nothing a paper map won't solve, though.

MAKAVELI

I think he does a delivery route on Saturday, and if his station is like mine, we ran a Monday plan, pushing PT Saturday EE's to areas they're not familiar with. Nothing a paper map won't solve, though.
True but if ROADS was down and he was in area he didn't know a map wouldn't save all lates. Everyone has been there before, running a route blind. There will be lates.

floridays

You can't find any good videos on Youtube anymore. Even liveleaks and bestgore have gone sissyfied. The internet isn't what it used to be.
I'll stand corrected, I should have known if visual aids were available, you would supply. What's the internet coming to?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A ground driver is using road warrior app ($5/month) so he can see his stops for the day, like a typical HD drivers Garmin GPS unit. Bad thing is they're reliable if there's a cellphone tower in your area for the app to work like waze?

Fortunately, it's not something to worry about when you know your route.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
True but if ROADS was down and he was in area he didn't know a map wouldn't save all lates. Everyone has been there before, running a route blind. There will be lates.

Run straight until you reach a point that you break off and preserve SDR service. Then go back and get your Monday deliveries. That should be common sense.

MAKAVELI

Run straight until you reach a point that you break off and preserve SDR service. Then go back and get your Monday deliveries. That should be common sense.
Saturday routes are usually more extended than Mon-Fri. It can be more difficult to make service when running blind.

MassWineGuy

In all fairness I believe he is a normally a part time pickup driver. He may not have the route knowledge of regular full time couriers.

That is correct, masked man. If I had the same route each Saturday my job would be a tad easier. But I get 10 from one route, some from others. I often go to towns I know from pickups. But there are still many streets I’ve never heard of.

I’m not very good at deliveries and don’t get a lot of P1s in the first place. If I did it every day it would get easier. But I’m never signing up to work mornings. I like my pm hours. I absolutely tip my hat to my UPS colleagues with 200 stops a day at peak. I know very few FedEx drivers who have it that hard.

Makaveli, Monday’s P1s had the same noon commitment time as the sdr P1s. If the Monday pieces had been P2s things may have been different. Customers paying for Monday P1 deliveries would have had their freight delivered faster than expected even if they had been downgraded to P2.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Makaveli, Monday’s P1s had the same noon commitment time as the sdr P1s. If the Monday pieces had been P2s things may have been different. Customers paying for Monday P1 deliveries would have had their freight delivered faster than expected even if they had been downgraded to P2.
Whoever told you that was either lying or didn't know what they were talking about.

McFeely

Huge Member

No, the Monday P1s were due at the P1 time for that zip code on Monday. If they were POD'd at any time on Saturday they were on time.

Run your SDRs and get them off the truck. Treat ALL next days as a P2 cycle, unless it's a tagalong.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I absolutely tip my hat to my UPS colleagues with 200 stops a day at peak. I know very few FedEx drivers who have it that hard.

No disrespect to Brown, but there are typically 3 or more UPS routes to each FedEx route. Density=more stops in same timeframe.

Someone blew smoke up your ass about Monday P1's having a SDR commit, and you bought it??? How long HAVE you worked for FedEx?

whenIgetthere

That is correct, masked man. If I had the same route each Saturday my job would be a tad easier. But I get 10 from one route, some from others. I often go to towns I know from pickups. But there are still many streets I’ve never heard of.

I’m not very good at deliveries and don’t get a lot of P1s in the first place. If I did it every day it would get easier. But I’m never signing up to work mornings. I like my pm hours. I absolutely tip my hat to my UPS colleagues with 200 stops a day at peak. I know very few FedEx drivers who have it that hard.

Monday P1 on Saturday is a P2. Just like a weekday 2-Day AM is a P2 if delivered the day before it is due. You have been given incorrect info, probably from a manager trying to get SPH higher. Do you run an overflow route on Saturday? if so, SPH will be 100% no matter what you run.

Last edited:

bacha29

I had a trainee for my straight truck route

14 delivery stops
6 pickups
All within 5 miles from HQ

He lasted 4 days, as I told him You will not need a GPS. And he was quite possibly the stupidest son of a b I’ve ever trained.

The last pick up was roughly 500 feet from the terminal and he couldn’t navigate himself back without the GPS
Couldn't find his arse with both hands and a hunting dog. Slow thinking white boy. The wold's full of them.