Peak 2017

Purplepackage

I had a table saw for a 3rd floor apartment once, they made me take it out 3 times before we had them pick it up.

But seriously what do you need a table saw for in an apartment building

NYCFXG

I had a table saw for a 3rd floor apartment once, they made me take it out 3 times before we had them pick it up.

But seriously what do you need a table saw for in an apartment building

ONCE?!? We get 40-50 ICs per truck every day and 40 of them are going to the 2nd-5th floor of walk ups EVERY SINGLE DAY. How about Basketball hoops and Trampolines being delivered to housing projects. We easily deliver 10-15 bunk beds every day. Mattresses? at least 3 on every truck. I have complained about this time and time again.. No one understands what this is like until you have to deal with it first hand. How about 100 year old buildings that house schools. They put their "charter schools" on the 4th floor and then have us deliver all the furniture and books to them on the 4th floor. The janitors only work for the public school not the charter school. We can't use the service entrance and there is no elevator in the building. UPS had a rep show up and tell the principle it wasn't happening. X told me they would charge me every time we didn't bring the stuff up stairs. I have at least 10 schools like this. Some are worse than others. But all have filed a complaint against me at one time or another.

This is why I am so insulted with the measly 400 a week I get from Large Pack Mix. It doesn't cover anything.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
For someone operating in one of the world's largest metropolitan areas you're probably right. At the same time however in the town where I live( population 6,500) people worship the ground they walk on simply due to the compensation package and this is not an isolated situation,at least not in my state where 70% of the population lives in towns of less than 5000 people.That's the trouble with you metro people. You all think the whole damn world is one great big city, a place where the power never goes off and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface. Can't comprehend the IC model? Oh, they comprehended it alright . When Roadway came to town with this thing the first TM had to go around looking for people because word traveled fast that the offer was a distant second to what the average UPS driver got. One night a few months after we got going my fellow Day 1 and I pulled back into the barn at our usual time 10:30-11PM time line whereby he climbed out of his truck and summed it all up perfectly......." the word's out on it".

You use more words to say less than any human I know.

bacha29

ONCE?!? We get 40-50 ICs per truck every day and 40 of them are going to the 2nd-5th floor of walk ups EVERY SINGLE DAY. How about Basketball hoops and Trampolines being delivered to housing projects. We easily deliver 10-15 bunk beds every day. Mattresses? at least 3 on every truck. I have complained about this time and time again.. No one understands what this is like until you have to deal with it first hand. How about 100 year old buildings that house schools. They put their "charter schools" on the 4th floor and then have us deliver all the furniture and books to them on the 4th floor. The janitors only work for the public school not the charter school. We can't use the service entrance and there is no elevator in the building. UPS had a rep show up and tell the principle it wasn't happening. X told me they would charge me every time we didn't bring the stuff up stairs. I have at least 10 schools like this. Some are worse than others. But all have filed a complaint against me at one time or another.

This is why I am so insulted with the measly 400 a week I get from Large Pack Mix. It doesn't cover anything.
Ground has been in this market sector right from the beginning when Roadway set this operation up to be a B to B operation and as an alternative using semi's. You're there to bridge the gap between package and truck freight. It's one of the reasons Fat Freddy bought it and there's no question that soon you'll have to put another guy in every truck to help move that damn stuff. Will you be given additional money to pay that extra Mexican Towmotor? ..... We both know the answer to that question.Of course then again just the other day you were bragging about how much money you're making. But, remember all that matters to XG is that you can somehow find a way to do what they demand of you and do it for what they're willing to pay.

MassWineGuy

But yet you always find time to read them. Sorry if your comprehension is low.

That’s hardly the issue. I can’t recall if it was Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson or someone else of that level. In a lengthy letter to a friend, he added: “I apologize for the length of this letter. I did not have enough time to make it shorter.”

Ie: Less is more, especially where writing is concerned. It takes a long time to come up with just the words needed to express your thoughts clearly and succinctly.

MassWineGuy

And while we’re talking about peak (I think that’s what it says), man, what a circus today was. Everyone had tons of P2s, largely Amazon. We also had lots of Monday’s P1s along with Saturday P1s. And it was the first snowstorm of the season.

The ROADS system, which I like, wasn’t used and I had no idea which of my stops were remotely near one another. Many lates for me and others.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That’s hardly the issue. I can’t recall if it was Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson or someone else of that level. In a lengthy letter to a friend, he added: “I apologize for the length of this letter. I did not have enough time to make it shorter.”

Ie: Less is more, especially where writing is concerned. It takes a long time to come up with just the words needed to express your thoughts clearly and succinctly.
Yeah-whatever.jpg

And while we’re talking about peak (I think that’s what it says), man, what a circus today was. Everyone had tons of P2s, largely Amazon. We also had lots of Monday’s P1s along with Saturday P1s. And it was the first snowstorm of the season.

The ROADS system, which I like, wasn’t used and I had no idea which of my stops were remotely near one another. Many lates for me and others.
Roads is a joke. If in doubt read a map like Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson did. FedEx survived for many years without that crap.