pet peeves

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I HATE, no, I DESPISE another MECHANIC that would throw a mechanic on the train tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when that Mechanic just got back from a week off with the family, and didn't see it coming.

So in Layman's terms.... I HATE BACK STABBERS!!:grrr:

cant believe i forgot this one

i dont think you all have to deal with this as package car drivers but im sure youve all had it happen at one time or another........

shrink wrap that bunches up when u are trying to wrap a skid

We do get packages from time to time with shrink wrap, but it's nothing like you mentioned.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I HATE, no, I DESPISE another MECHANIC that would throw a mechanic on the train tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when that Mechanic just got back from a week off with the family, and didn't see it coming.

So in Layman's terms.... I HATE BACK STABBERS!!:grrr:
This sounds so real, like it just happened.:surprised:
attachment.php
Here, let me help you with that.:wink2:

bigbrownhen

That works.
There was one place that I was going around the circle drive (it went all the way around the house) when I got on the blind side of the house next to the garage there was three cars parked side by side. The owner came out to get the package before I even stopped the truck and told me to just cut across the yard, "It won't hurt a damn thing".

Yea, Those kinda turn arounds are great, until it rains. I try to be extra cautious on wet ground, I've gotten stuck in flat spots before.If possible, I ask before I get in the grass to turn around. You never know if someone might be a little crabby about their yard.

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
How about the fedex ground puke who think he has to nose into EVERY delivery he has...including in front of the ups truck!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local paper has a section entitled Speakout and this appeared in Thursday's paper:

Truck
In the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, a big brown delivery truck driver decides it's okay for her to park in an active traffic lane on upper Cornelia rather than pull in to the new fast-food store's parking lot. Traffic was backed up for as far back as could be seen, and no one could get around her truck due to the volume of traffic in the other lane. In cities, this practice is done all the time by the courier companies, but at least the police ticket the vehicles. Let's do it here.

Yes, this was one of ours. For some reason she decided to park in front of the KFC that was being renovated instead of pulling in to the parking lot next door. One of our drivers cut this out and put it on the bulletin board. Not too smart on her part.

over9five

Staff member
I bet she was there for all of 1 minute.

"Backed up as far back as could be seen". No exaggeration there, I'm sure!

Some people just love to see their name in the newspaper!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I bet she was there for all of 1 minute.

"Backed up as far back as could be seen". No exaggeration there, I'm sure!

Some people just love to see their name in the newspaper!
Not only that, but they also hate using the turn signal and merging into traffic, which would have taken about 3 seconds. God forbid you have to go around an obstacle as you drive.

huskres

Our local paper has a section entitled Speakout and this appeared in Thursday's paper:

Truck
In the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, a big brown delivery truck driver decides it's okay for her to park in an active traffic lane on upper Cornelia rather than pull in to the new fast-food store's parking lot. Traffic was backed up for as far back as could be seen, and no one could get around her truck due to the volume of traffic in the other lane. In cities, this practice is done all the time by the courier companies, but at least the police ticket the vehicles. Let's do it here.

Yes, this was one of ours. For some reason she decided to park in front of the KFC that was being renovated instead of pulling in to the parking lot next door. One of our drivers cut this out and put it on the bulletin board. Not too smart on her part.

Ever been to said kfc? Ever think that it could have been impossible to get into being a construction site with dumpsters and trucks with trailers?

Big Babooba

Lack of use of signals when changing lanes.
Ignorance of merging protocol ,ie; match speed with oncoming traffic, USE TURN SIGNALS to say 'please let me in'.(Maybe even a 'Thank You' wave after they let you in)
Lack of use of turn signals at red light.
Cruising in passing lane.
Slowing down and entering turning lane and THEN activating turn signal.

I have driven through DC several times--I always thought this was how they were taught to drive.
Sounds like Boston to me! (just add trolleys)