pet peeves

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Some day I'm gonna crank up the Bose system in my car and drive through the hood at 4AM. I'll be blasting them with my favorite polka tunes. I hope they appreciate it as much as I appreciate the stuff that they call music. Get ready for some Happy Louie boyz!:angry: YouTube - Who Stole The Kiszka Polka

I have a death wish!:happy-very:

Well Mexican-Americans probably won't have a problem with Polka. Correct me if I'am wrong, but they took the polka music heard during Mexico's World fair way back when and incorporated in theirs. Today, you can still hear the influence of polka in Mexico's folk music.

ups1990.... roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun
roll out the barrel we've got the blues on the run....:wink2:

Whoop Dee Doo! My eldest daughter and I used to sing this song all the time, back in the summer of 95.

[video=youtube;YXtHyydM5Ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtHyydM5Ac[/video]

proudupstexan

Brian Borrego
new hires that only last that one week, they go through training and that friday they just break jams all day and monday they never show up. that really gets me mad the job isnt that hard.

P

pickup

Well Mexican-Americans probably won't have a problem with Polka. Correct me if I'am wrong, but they took the polka music heard during Mexico's World fair way back when and incorporated in theirs. Today, you can still hear the influence of polka in Mexico's folk music.

I never heard this before but now that I think about it, I can hear the polka strains in the mexican music running through my memory

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I can't stand it when people follow me back to my car in the parking lot of the groceries store just to wait for my spot, then they get up on me when I'm backing out and block my view of people and car traffic. STOP THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I can't stand it when people follow me back to my car in the parking lot of the groceries store just to wait for my spot, then they get up on me when I'm backing out and block my view of people and car traffic. STOP THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

You want to know a funny way to piss them off for doing this? If you catch it early, see someone waiting for you to pull out of your spot. Load your groceries in the car, lock it up and walk back into the store. Be sure to take your time loading the car. It is quite satisfying to see the look on their face when they have sat there and waited for a few minutes for nothing. :happy-very:

City Driver

people who wait on parking spots kill me

seriously, even if you park at the farthest spot away how hard is it to walk 300 feet? no wonder americans are so fat

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its also funny to see this in my Hub's parking lot every morning. We have some Package Drivers who will sit there and wait for a Preloader to leave in their car instead of parking less than a hundred feed away.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You want to know a funny way to piss them off for doing this? If you catch it early, see someone waiting for you to pull out of your spot. Load your groceries in the car, lock it up and walk back into the store. Be sure to take your time loading the car. It is quite satisfying to see the look on their face when they have sat there and waited for a few minutes for nothing. :happy-very:

people who wait on parking spots kill me

seriously, even if you park at the farthest spot away how hard is it to walk 300 feet? no wonder americans are so fat

Always get a chuckle out of that.
What's really funny is when you see someone waiting on a parking place up close at Gold's Gym.
:rolleyes2:
I'm guilty as charged. I always look for an up front parking, and usually find one. My wife hates that I always find a spot up front and she never does. Sorry that I offended.

Its also funny to see this in my Hub's parking lot every morning. We have some Package Drivers who will sit there and wait for a Preloader to leave in their car instead of parking less than a hundred feed away.
I park upstairs in the locker room. I chain my bike to the bench.

bigbrownhen

Mailboxes that have no number or the number is on the side opposite from the direction you're approaching from.

That is so annoying!!! How about the ones who take the time to paint fancy flowers and such but won't put a stinking number on it anywhere, or put tiny little numbers on the front you need a microscope to see them.:biting:

Big Babooba

Some day I'm gonna crank up the Bose system in my car and drive through the hood at 4AM. I'll be blasting them with my favorite polka tunes. I hope they appreciate it as much as I appreciate the stuff that they call music. Get ready for some Happy Louie boyz!:angry: YouTube - Who Stole The Kiszka Polka

I have a death wish!
:happy-very:
Went though the hood this morning. The boyz were unappreciative of my music.

It was a nice cah

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That is so annoying!!! How about the ones who take the time to paint fancy flowers and such but won't put a stinking number on it anywhere, or put tiny little numbers on the front you need a microscope to see them.:biting:
And or house/mailbox numbers that are painted the same color as the house/mailbox.:surprised:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone who doesn't appreciate andy williams is a philistine

Actually the Philistines were the culturally elite of their time based on archaeological excavations.

Sorry ... feeling dorky tonight sitting here waiting on the next episode of "The Naked Archeologist".
The History channel ROCKS!!!

P

pickup

Actually the Philistines were the culturally elite of their time based on archaeological excavations.

Sorry ... feeling dorky tonight sitting here waiting on the next episode of "The Naked Archeologist".
The History channel ROCKS!!!

I was just reading a good book that begs to differ , but don't argue with me argue with the author. I think he holds MASS book readings every sunday all throughout the country.

Sorry... feeling contrary tonight sitting here waiting for my sphagetti to boil.

labels_up

Box slinger
I'm a sorter, so:

1. PD's throwing stuff that goes to their PD down the missort slide and then sending it back to the sort aisle...they do realize that we are just going to send it right back there, yes?

2. Related to #1, but worse. PD's downsliding their own stuff, then shutting off their belt, so not only is our recycle belt overloaded with non-recycles, but now we have nowhere to put them.

3. Outbound putting open packages and/or overgoods on recycle belt. And they can't seem to ever be halfway about it - as in not just one flap untaped but the entire box literally destroyed with its contents spilling out.

4. Outbound putting irregs on recycle belt. Trains drive past the PD's all the time, give it them, gee, what a concept. Again, they never seem to be halfway about this...it's like 100 lbs or a big piece of metal/plastic with no cardboard whatsoever on it.

5. People who decide to wrap the entire box with tape, so I'm having to constantly look back while in the middle of sorting to make sure it isn't going to slide back down the top belt and hit me in the head.

6. People who use non-standard UPS labels with microscopic font, city/state seperated by several inches from street adress, from/to addresses switched, handwritten labels that look like they were done drunk/stoned and with their non-writing hand, or how nobody seems to have figured out that it would cause less confusion to put the new label directly overtop of the old one, instead of making me guess which one in the approx 3 seconds I have to sort the box.

7. Small sort telling us "bags and envelopes only" 30 minutes after the shift starts when our volume is really low.

8. Management who constantly bitch at the sorters about every single nitpicky thing, while they don't care if the unloaders can't even do their job, which is about the biggest no-brainer in the hub, properly, or if an outbound belt is off for 20 minutes straight several times a week.

Big Babooba

Drivers who won't turn right on a red, when they can Usually an old man wearing hat or an old lady who can barely see over the steering wheel.

Igits who ignore yield signs ditto

Morons who take up 2 parking spaces Only 2? I've done 6! Does that make me a super maroon?

People who stick their feet out of car windows Or on the dash. Don't you wish the good ole airbag (not my wife) would go off? Instant pretzel people!

Slobs who throw out cig butts and trash as they drive ditto

Tailgaters Brake test

Meatheads who lay on the horn behind you the nano-second the light turns green Left.....right.....left.....1.....2.....3.....left.....right.....left.....clutch in.....1st gear.....left.....right.....left.....clutch slooooooowly out.......:peaceful: