Possible termination?

Rack em

Made the Podium
The fact that the OP hinted that the friend word may have been dropped tells me that it was mentioned as part of the rude hourly concern. Dropping the friend bomb while in uniform on road is automatic termination.
Where in the contract does it say that profanity is a cardinal sin?

kevw45

You gotta learn to keep your cool. And keep your mouth shut. No matter how much of an :censored2: the customer is.
Yeah, I hear you, but at this present time, they weren't my customer, I was theirs and I burned my flippin' mouth... It hurt. In my experience, nobody responds well to having pain inflicted on them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Um, so you went in (in full uniform), knowing full well that you should not have engaged in a verbal altercation ( cursing, in FULL uniform ) drawing attention to yourself because you burned your mouth?

And you wonder what the last thing the manager saw when you went off ?

Answer: THE UNIFORM !

Geez! And you wonder why they say to act accordingly while in the public eye!

You wouldn't want someone in a company uniform coming up to your door acting that way would you?

To add to this, the manager had to take the time to find a phone book and then try to find our toll free number before calling in the rude hourly. If it had not been a big deal he would not have gone to all that trouble.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, I hear you, but at this present time, they weren't my customer, I was theirs and I burned my flippin' mouth... It hurt. In my experience, nobody responds well to having pain inflicted on them.

If you were in uniform then you represent UPS so everyone is your customer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was a unique situation... I was running a 90% bussiness 10% resi route, and dispatch kept sending on demand pick-ups which the last one resulted in me becoming late. I was "instructed" to return to the building, load the rest of my resi's on another truck, and go back out and finish. Upon returning, my supervisor immediately just took it upon himself to take the clerk scanner and start scanning my remaining packages, objected to my request to allow me to finish my job. The mentioning of the incident at taco bell happened simultaneously. My supervisor didn't reveal why he wouldn't let me go back out, he just allowed me to go home. I'm not sure if that's the same as getting sent home, but it felt a lot like it was. This was after 8pm, no steward in the building.

You were taken out of service pending termination.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
To add to this, the manager had to take the time to find a phone book and then try to find our toll free number before calling in the rude hourly. If it had not been a big deal he would not have gone to all that trouble.
Some centers have their number listed on google ours does...... people still use phone books?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My only argument would be that he was off the clock and burned his mouth in some food, that may have caused him to say something out of the ordinary.

This may be excusable if he did this while at his table but it sounds like he went back to the counter and confronted the manager directly; in other words, he initiated the confrontation and, as a result, will be updating his resume.