President Biden

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1661462843939.png

Two bullets.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not what you said, an educated public is
When I went to public school, when you graduated, you had a capable education that allowed you to work, learn a trade, or continue your education, as a productive member of society. Since you had reached adulthood, the choices and responsibility for those choices fell on your shoulders, not the public's. The public benefitted from you K-12 education.

I realize than in your instance, that didn't hold true.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When I went to public school, when you graduated, you had a capable education that allowed you to work, learn a trade, or continue your education, as a productive member of society. Since you had reached adulthood, the choices and responsibility for those choices fell on your shoulders, not the public's. The public benefitted from you K-12 education.

I realize than in your instance, that didn't hold true.
Public benefits from from college grads also.

vantexan

Public benefits from from college grads also.
So people who chose to run up bills for degrees that don't benefit them should be bailed out? Or people fresh out of college with debt who'll go on to earn 6 figures should be bailed out? But all the people who paid off their loans, or didn't go to college but started businesses and spent years working long hours to pay their bills should have to see their taxes raised to bail out college grads? Even the Washington Post just said this is a bad idea. Some think tank analyzed this and said within 4 years student loan debt will be right back to current levels. Is the government going to spend hundreds of billions annually to subsidize college students?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, not lesbian folk music studies or gender studies or some other useless degree.
Agreed. Don't leave out the Engineers.
So people who chose to run up bills for degrees that don't benefit them should be bailed out? Or people fresh out of college with debt who'll go on to earn 6 figures should be bailed out? But all the people who paid off their loans, or didn't go to college but started businesses and spent years working long hours to pay their bills should have to see their taxes raised to bail out college grads? Even the Washington Post just said this is a bad idea. Some think tank analyzed this and said within 4 years student loan debt will be right back to current levels. Is the government going to spend hundreds of billions annually to subsidize college students?
So people who chose to go without health insurance for heart surgery should be bailed out?