President Biden

Next Day Err

voting doesn't make something a democracy, oligarchy and monarchy can have elections too
That’s what I mean when I say we have a representative democracy, though. It’s honestly shorthand. We have democracy in order to legitimate representative power under a constitutional order.

But let’s nitpick everything about “democracy” and try to claim I meant we have a pure democracy which is not what people mean when they say we have “democracy”.

Next Day Err

Dude, you're trying to win an argument you can't win. We're a representative republic, not a representative democracy. They aren't synonymous.
When I say we have democracy I do not mean we have a pure democracy and you know it. We have representation derived from democracy under a constitutional order. A republic, yes. But its power is replenished by periods of democracy. Jesus Christ.

Next Day Err

Let’s add nothing to the conversation by trying to deny that our country HAS democracy instead of arguing whether or not Trump and his Republican allies are attacking what democracy we have.

vantexan

When I say we have democracy I do not mean we have a pure democracy and you know it. We have representation derived from democracy under a constitutional order. A republic, yes. But its power is replenished by periods of democracy. Jesus Christ.
You specifically called us a representative democracy. When I just pointed out it's a representative republic you started trying to justify what you called it. If you'll recall, just the other day you got pretty smug about saying you loved how we're so confidently wrong about things(concerning transferring campaign funds from one candidate to another). And of course you were incorrect. If you live by the sword you die by the sword. And I have to admit after having to put up with all the snark about Republicans falling apart, Trump going to jail, etc, it's extremely satisfying to not only see the Democratic schemes fall apart per Trump but also see the party of DEI fall apart because you can't get rid of Biden without the diversity hire albatross around your neck called Kamala Harris being put in charge. How the worm has turned amigo.

Next Day Err

You specifically called us a representative democracy. When I just pointed out it's a representative republic you started trying to justify what you called it. If you'll recall, just the other day you got pretty smug about saying you loved how we're so confidently wrong about things(concerning transferring campaign funds from one candidate to another). And of course you were incorrect. If you live by the sword you die by the sword. And I have to admit after having to put up with all the snark about Republicans falling apart, Trump going to jail, etc, it's extremely satisfying to not only see the Democratic schemes fall apart per Trump but also see the party of DEI fall apart because you can't get rid of Biden without the diversity hire albatross around your neck called Kamala Harris being put in charge. How the worm has turned amigo.
Insisting we leave out “democracy” when talking about our country’s system of government is a way to skirt the issue of whether the democracy we have is under assault by continual lies about the 2020 election.

newfie

12 people agreed on 34 felony counts. That’s 408 times all 12 people agreed in a unanimous way. But keep crying about it. Trump is a criminal and a sore loser.
1720269462003.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So much coping going on.
Dear supreme leader Joe is a potato.

These people have spent years defending a potato. He's been a potato the whole time.

Now they don't know what to do with themselves lol.

Next Day Err

So much coping going on.
Dear supreme leader Joe is a potato.

These people have spent years defending a potato. He's been a potato the whole time.

Now they don't know what to do with themselves lol.
He's not a potato, he's just not media-ready anymore. He's not as sharp and it shows. Doesn't mean he's not capable it's just not a winning strategy to nominate him.

vantexan

Insisting we leave out “democracy” when talking about our country’s system of government is a way to skirt the issue of whether the democracy we have is under assault by continual lies about the 2020 election.
Fact, election rules in Pennsylvania were changed by a judge, not by the state legislature as required by the state constitution.

Fact, none of the swing states had their votes counted by election day. Unlike all other states.