President Obama!

diesel96

Re: Obamanation here today

Ill be fine in my little conservative world, being the minority at my workplace, and Ill pray for you in yours, and every now and then we may agree, you just never know til you try.

Expand your world...don't put any labels on it.:wink2: But I'll try anything (once)

AND, diesel, Tooner & I are not your ex-wife, we're your worst nightmare......Republicans with a purpose !!! :peaceful:

This is the sight of my worst nightmare . My ex traded in her old clunker for it...Repectfully, you guys come in a close 2nd...lol

Fact, I do walk in stores and turn my arse around and walk right out. I shopped a car dealership and left when they sent Mohammed to help me.

I don't care if they were 1/2 the population, I would still avoid them. I'm adamant about that. Look at that poor girl in Ohio afraid to go back to her family for fear of an honor killing. Those people believe in that!!! We had a whole family wiped out here in San Clemente.....Mom ,Dad, 2 daughters an granny....dad did it!! Shot them all.

I have Jewish friends, black friends and white friends (some Christian, some not) I have a gay couple as neighbors and have a coffee date with them every Thursday. My tolerance does not extend to those that killed a couple thousand people in the twin towers. You run those news reels of the planes slamming into those 2 buildings. I can't forget and I can't forgive. Did you see the welcome home celebration for the Lockerbee bomber??? Those idiot people were happy that he klled 187 Americans and others. I know he's from Libya.....I'm lumping them all together.

I'm putting lots of flags out on 9-11. I will pray for all of those killed and their families. What else do you want to know??

Moreluck, FYI, many victims on 9/11 were Muslims.

http://islam.about.com/blvictims.htm

Not a war I was in favor for, but our soldiers are in the Middle East dying and fighting alongside with muslims.

We have Germans and Jews living side by side in America.

If a Japanese decendent can forgive us, certaintly, in time, you can be-friend a peace loving muslims....right ?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

My side are still hurting from laughing about your claim of using flight data recorders to monitor your telephone conversations.

What US citizen was detained and not given a trial? Give me the actual facts. I got tired of looking for one and you would think that if Bush had an American detained in our country and not allowed a trial that would be everywhere so I am beginning to think you just made that up also.

Also you just made a false claim that Bush blew off international laws.

Jose Padilla. Here's a link:
http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2003/2003_03_1027/

Here's some key paragraph:

Facts of the Case:
Jose Padilla, an American citizen, was arrested in Chicago's O'Hare International Airport after returning from Pakistan in 2002. He was initially detained as a material witness in the government's investigation of the al Qaeda terrorist network, but was later declared an "enemy combatant" by the Department of Defense, meaning that he could be held in prison indefinitely without access to an attorney or to the courts. The FBI claimed that he was returning to the United States to carry out acts of terrorism.

Donna Newman, who had represented him while he was being held as a material witness, filed a petition for habeas corpus on his behalf. The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York ruled that Newman had standing to file the petition despite the fact that Padilla had been moved to a military brig in South Carolina.

However, the court also found that the Department of Defense, under the President's constitutional powers as Commander in Chief and the statutory authorization provided by Congress's Authorization for Use of Military Force, had the power to detain Padilla as an enemy combatant. The district judge rejected Newman's argument that the detention was prohibited by the federal Non-Detention Act, which states that no "citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained by the United States except pursuant to an Act of Congress."​
On appeal, a divided Second Circuit Court of Appeals panel reversed the district court's "enemy combatant" ruling. The panel found that the Authorization for Use of Military force did not meet the requirement of the Non-Detention Act and that the President could not, therefore, declare American citizens captured outside a combat zone as enemy combatants.

So, our system of justice was allowed to apply, and the dude tried, convicted, and sentenced. See, the Constitution does work!

Here's two stories from when he was sentenced:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aHiBAyzvM_ZU&refer=home

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/22/AR2008012200565.html

As far as the Bush administration blowing off international laws, there are too many references to cite concerning how Mr. Cheney and Mr. Rumsfeld claims that the Geneva conventions don't apply to these 'enemy combatants'.

Just google "cheney torture geneva conventions" and settle in for a lot of reading.

av8torntn

So, our system of justice was allowed to apply, and the dude tried, convicted, and sentenced. See, the Constitution does work!

You need to check you facts here but thanks for proving my point. Mr. Padilla was allowed to file a writ of habeas corpus. You even admit here he was allowed to challenge his detention through a trial. I assume that is all you have and this is your admission to being a liar.

I'm still cracking up on your black box thing that was priceless. Even in your follow up post to try and clarify you forced yourself to admit the government was not listening to every American conversation but of course you do not even realize it.

island1fox

:sad-little:Moreluck,
Many people will not see the light --until they feel the heat.
They will continue to idolize President Obama until their electric bill triples this winter if cap and trade passes--also just google Internal Revenue --Look at tax schedule under Clinton vs Bush. Every income level -not just the rich recieved a 5% reduction under Bush---When the "Bush Tax Cuts for the Rich" are allowed to expire in 2010 all levels will increase.
A person making 50,000 a year --certainly not rich will pay an ADDITIONAL 2,500 per year --approx 210 dollars per month --this will pay for their "free" healthcare---along with an additional tax on the health benefits their employer now provides for them--also anyone who used the clunker program ---will also pay tax on the 4,500.:anxious:

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

You need to check you facts here but thanks for proving my point. Mr. Padilla was allowed to file a writ of habeas corpus. You even admit here he was allowed to challenge his detention through a trial. I assume that is all you have and this is your admission to being a liar.

I'm still cracking up on your black box thing that was priceless. Even in your follow up post to try and clarify you forced yourself to admit the government was not listening to every American conversation but of course you do not even realize it.

Okay, you are now officially not paying attention. He was allowed to file a writ after 3 1/2 years of detention, and the administration still insisted that his detention was legal. And the courts disagreed. To this day, Dick Cheney insists that his view of executive powers is the correct one, and that there are no checks and balances from the courts or congress. Which is dangerous to our freedoms.

And your willfull ignoring of the facts about the NSA monitoring is equally sad.

If you go upstream a bit, you will see that the original statement concerned my rebuttal to a statement that allowing terrorists the access to our system of justice would allow them to skip out scot free. I stated that the UCMJ would be adequate to handle those captured in war zones, and that our laws would suffice to capture, try, and convict anyone who was captured in the US. Or anywhere else outside a combat zone.

av8torntn

He was allowed to file a writ.

Exactly thanks for the admission that I am correct but I already knew that.

Hey I am glad that you did admit that the government is not listening to every conversation held by Americans. That claim really made you appear like you had fallen over the cliff.

av8torntn

I stated that the UCMJ would be adequate to handle those captured in war zones, and that our laws would suffice to capture, try, and convict anyone who was captured in the US. Or anywhere else outside a combat zone.

You did state that and you are equally wrong there as well. The UCMJ should not be used against citizens captured in the states.

Oh I did look outside my house to see if a black box was hooked up to my phone line and saw no such thing. Possibly because it does not exist? Possibly because that is not even remotely close to how they capture the conversations? Possibly because you believe the fantasy you read in the "news"? Just for fun google sot-a and 98g then decide if you really want to have this discussion.

av8torntn

Blackbox,

Gotta head to work so I will not be able to respond for a bit but please keep posting you are very entertaining and I'll be able to read your posts. It will make my night fly by as I will be able to share what you say with others.

Maybe you can find some US citizen that has been detained and not had the opportunity to challenge his detention in our courts. Don't worry I do not have much faith that you will be able to but good luck with that.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

You did state that and you are equally wrong there as well. The UCMJ should not be used against citizens captured in the states.

Are being deliberately dense? I said the UCMJ should be used for those captured in WAR ZONES, and that those arrested in the states should be tried in the regular justice system.

**PLONK**

tieguy

Banned

They gained control of both houses of congress in 1996, didn't they? "Contract with America' and Newt Gingrich? and lost control of one house in 2006. Sounds like a decade to me.

power was divided in 1996 with Oral in the Oval being president.

democrats took congress in 2006.

six years dear.

tieguy

Banned

I stated that the UCMJ would be adequate to handle those captured in war zones, and that our laws would suffice to capture, try, and convict anyone who was captured in the US. Or anywhere else outside a combat zone.

The problem with your argument is that the war zone is anywhere and everywhere as 9/11 proved again.

av8torntn

Are being deliberately dense? I said the UCMJ should be used for those captured in WAR ZONES, and that those arrested in the states should be tried in the regular justice system.

**PLONK**

Me be thinking you missed the entire GLOBAL war on terrorism. Is it because you feared the Government was listening to all your conversations? There was a huge attack on NYC which started this Global war on terrorism of which you seem to have never heard of that I am speaking about. There have also been attacks that were stopped in other large cities in this Country.

It's OK while you are looking for that US citizen detained in the states that has not been allowed to challenge his detention you can catch up. Or maybe you are trying to find that black box hooked up to your phone line.

Again my position remains that the UCMJ should not be used against US citizens captured in the states regardless if it is a part of the war.Non citizens should be tried under our new tribunal system. This is the opposite of your posted position.

moreluck

golden ticket member

If Bush was an idiot, what is this guy?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special
Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and
incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a
thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing
videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you
have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the
non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a
minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with
people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would
you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to
"Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it
was the fourth of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he
tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word advice would you have
hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as "proof"
of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a
single tree on "Earth Day", would you have concluded he's a
hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying
low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown
Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether
they actually "get" what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a
teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would
you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his
own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims
throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless
than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing
political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major
corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to
do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt,
which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you
have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within
10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retire ment20plan's holdings of GM
stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you
have approved?

If George W. Bush had spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to take
Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so
brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's
done all this in 5 months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to
come up with an answer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Sep. 11 is the National Day of Service .

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 4, through Sunday, September 6, as National Days of Prayer and Remembrance. I ask that the people of the United States, each in their own way, honor the victims of September 11, 2001, and their families through prayer, memorial services, the ringing of bells, and evening candlelight remembrance vigils.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Presidential-Proclamatio...

And was this change reported in any media coverage ?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

Sep. 11 is the National Day of Service .

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 4, through Sunday, September 6, as National Days of Prayer and Remembrance. I ask that the people of the United States, each in their own way, honor the victims of September 11, 2001, and their families through prayer, memorial services, the ringing of bells, and evening candlelight remembrance vigils.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Presidential-Proclamatio...

And was this change reported in any media coverage ?

Huh? I don't get your point. Are you saying this is a bad thing?

I found this in an article from the Associated Press:
"The idea of establishing 9/11 as a National Day of Service was first conceived in 2001 by the founders of MyGoodDeed, a nonprofit started by friends and relatives of 9/11 victims. They are working with ServiceNation, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, the Corporation for National and Community Service, and New York Cares.

In April, Obama authorized the establishment of 9/11 as a National Day of Service when he signed into law the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act."

• 9/11 Day of Service

fact check

We can all cut & paste!

"If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?"

No, but Bush wouldn't have apologized even before the naysayers started up, either.

"If George W. Bush had given Tony Blair a set of inexpensive and useless (to Tony Blair's UK video formatting) DVDs, when Tony Blair had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?"

I don't think I would have cared. BTW, digital is digital, everywhere in the world.

"If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have approved?"

Probably not, But at least Obama appeared with the Queen in public and entered through the front door, in front of a cheering crowd, something Bush NEVER did.

"If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?"

You didn't mind when Bush kissed him.

"If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?"

I don't know anything about this. BTW, the language of Austria is German.

"If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?"

No, but his cabinet picks had much bigger problems than that.

"If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?"

That's precisely what he did.

"If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?"

That's what he did.

"So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 100 days -- so you'll have slightly more than three years and eight months to come up with an answer."

We'll be ready for you in the next two election cycles!!!

"Those willing to forfeit liberty for security, will have neither."
Benjamin Franklin

Now that's a pretty odd quote for someone who advocates torture for poltical reasons.

You've been advocating forfieting your liberty to the Federal government for eight years now.

I guess you're not satisfied with the false sense of security!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Huh? I don't get your point. Are you saying this is a bad thing?

I found this in an article from the Associated Press:
"The idea of establishing 9/11 as a National Day of Service was first conceived in 2001 by the founders of MyGoodDeed, a nonprofit started by friends and relatives of 9/11 victims. They are working with ServiceNation, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, the Corporation for National and Community Service, and New York Cares.

In April, Obama authorized the establishment of 9/11 as a National Day of Service when he signed into law the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act."

• 9/11 Day of Service

National Day of Service and Remembrance.
Seems like someone forgot to include part of the tittle , and shifted the remembrance away.

klein

Für Meno :)

National Day of Service and Remembrance.
Seems like someone forgot to include part of the tittle , and shifted the remembrance away.

Darnit, hate to say this, but all national holidays have something in common, besides the Christian ones, such as Easter, Xmas, .

They are normally for things that have been achieved, like Laborday, Thanksgiving, Veternans Day.

Why would anyone want a National Holiday, for a day you been attackt ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

It's a day of remembrance for the families & friends lost in the bombing. Geez !!!

To celebrate those persons' lives so someone knows they were once on this earth and taken too soon!