President Obama!

Re: Obamanomics

Relatively little. Last report I heard was 12% from the Middle East as a whole. Most imported, as Klein likes to point out, is from north of the border.
even with the lower % , convert that to dollars and it's a lot of money to be paying to someone who wants to see you dead. Maybe I should have asked the question differently, how much of that oil is domestic.
foreign oil is foreign.

bbsam

Staff member

Oil companies hold alot of leases that they do absolutely nothing with. They could still "drill, baby, drill" but might cut into those ridiculous profits.

bbsam

Staff member

Do you think oil companies would be happy if instead of fighting foreign wars we just plowed that money into greater subsidies for them? Or would gas still be $4 a gallon?

Do you think oil companies would be happy if instead of fighting foreign wars we just plowed that money into greater subsidies for them? Or would gas still be $4 a gallon?
I'm sure they would prefer to have that money funneled to them. My thinking as long as they are making billions in profits they should be made to reinvest that profit with out subsidies. We shouldn't allow tax dollars to boost profits for any company for the sake of profit. Subsidies should only be used to boost the number of jobs HERE in the US.
Regardless of what some of the other posters on here think, I'm not a big hater( I don't even hate klein) but there are a few things I do hate. I hate mega corporations making billions in profit and then not putting some of those dollars back into the economy in the way of jobs for the people that helped them make that money. I hate large scale government intervention in our lives. I hate criminal activity....period. I hate welfare for people who do not need it but have found ways to scam the system. I hate for people who can not help themselves being left to fend for themselves with nothing to do it with. I hate politics. If I thought about it, I'm sure I could think of more.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I still would rather people use percentages when talking profits......if you have a figure in mind, say 3% or 5%...neither of which is exccessive profit IMO. If the profit still equals billions, then so be it. Companies do have a right to make a profit....what the fair percentage?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Amid growing public unhappiness over gas prices, President Barack Obama is directing his administration to ramp up U.S. oil production by extending existing leases in the Gulf of Mexico and off Alaska's coast and holding more frequent lease sales in a federal petroleum reserve in Alaska. But the moves won't calm spiraling prices at the pump any time soon.:peaceful:

With gas costs high, Obama to speed oil production!

moreluck

golden ticket member

Amid growing public unhappiness over gas prices, President Barack Obama is directing his administration to ramp up U.S. oil production by extending existing leases in the Gulf of Mexico and off Alaska's coast and holding more frequent lease sales in a federal petroleum reserve in Alaska. But the moves won't calm spiraling prices at the pump any time soon.:peaceful:

With gas costs high, Obama to speed oil production!
Well, we need to start somewhere.......but he should've not put a moratorium on it in the first place. He's still an idiot!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Defense insanity: U.S. military is dependent on Russian pilots and planes

The Russian-made and piloted transport AN-124 cost taxpayers $47,000 an hour to operate in 2007, for a total of $840 million in FY 2007-08.

We pay the Russians to deliver supplies and equipment to our troops in sensitive locations around the world and make ourselves more and more dependent on foreign nations in the process, while funding their military and robbing our own. This is crazy stuff!
By the end of fiscal year 2010, we had spent more than $2 billion leasing foreign aircraft to do the job that our own C-17s could do if we had enough of them. And $2 billion would purchase about eight C-17s that would fly for more than four decades!
The Obama administration’s current policy puts us on a path to one day having the military might of a third-world nation simply because we will not be able to quickly and efficiently supply our troops with U.S. airlift assets.
Hiring foreign powers to make deliveries to our military is a bad idea on so many different levels. First, it potentially places our fighting men and women at greater risk because foreign powers will know the location of our troops and what supplies they are receiving, and even have access to sensitive military technology and equipment. Second, we may not be able to hire foreign powers to fill our airlift needs. Third, hiring foreign powers to provide us with airlift capacity will cost taxpayers more than building our own aircraft. Fourth, America will lose more high-tech aerospace jobs to other nations.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The AN-124 can carry loads that the C-17 is incapable of carrying. It's bigger brother, the AN-225, was recently used to move special equipment to Japan to help with the nuclear disaster. No other plane was big enough.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The AN-124 can carry loads that the C-17 is incapable of carrying. It's bigger brother, the AN-225, was recently used to move special equipment to Japan to help with the nuclear disaster. No other plane was big enough.

Some guys just dont know how to think for themselves FED, they resemble the cute parrots that can talk without the feathers.

Peace.