President Obama!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Re: Obamanomics

Unemployment Applications Hit 8-Month High

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of people applying for unemployment benefits surged last week to the highest level in eight months, a troubling sign a day ahead of the government's report on April employment.
The Labor Department said Thursday that applications rose 43,000 to 474,000 in the week ended April 30, the third increase in four weeks. The four-week average, a less volatile measure, rose for the fourth straight week to 431,250.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/unemployment-applications-hit-8-month-high/#ixzz1LV8B5kCB

wkmac

Another Big Pharma-Medical Establishment Hosing

Posted by Karen De Coster on May 7, 2011 06:55 PM
Big Pharma giant Merck has “agreed to pay $44.3 million to settle allegations that it illegally promoted one of its drugs using kickbacks to doctors.”
Federal prosecutors said the company allegedly made inappropriate payments to hundreds of doctors for prescribing its multiple sclerosis drug, Rebif, between 2002 and 2009. Merck Serono paid to send doctors to various training meetings and conferences at upscale resorts and other locations, according to the Department of Justice.
This hustle on the part of the medical establishment also resulted in false claims being filed to Medicaid and Medicare, and therefore Big Pharma’s profits are paid by you, the victims of theft who fund the medical welfare state. Here are the ultimate dangers and side effects from taking this potent drug. I’m not pro-Fed (Justice Department) by any means, but this prosecution follows similar cases against Pfizer, Eli Lilly, etc. For the most part, you can be sure that the feds only carry out these cases in circumstances where there is substantial political or special interest pressures. However, this was a whistleblower case that was leaked by a former company director.
And yes, people tend to trust their doctors, take their advice without further inquiry, and believe them to be ethical. In addition to Big Government’s bankrolling and empowerment of Big Medical, this is why the medical establishment has become unfailingly omnipotent.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

Steepest decline in home sales since '08.
34% of all homes sales are foreclosures.
57 consecutive months of downward stats.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

May 9, 2011

San Francisco Landlords Go Galt

Posted by Van Helsing at 8:52 AM | Comments (24)
Believing that housing should be provided at someone else's expense, progressives are no friends of landlords, whom they persecute at every opportunity. Imagine how much fun it must be to provide people an opportunity to rent homes in a city completely run by moonbats — namely San Francisco. Some landlords have had enough:
In San Francisco, one of the toughest places in the country to find a place to live, more than 31,000 housing units — one of every 12 — now sit vacant, according to recently released census data. That's the highest vacancy rate in the region, and a 70 percent increase from a decade ago.​
The reason: liberal bureaucrats place such absurd restrictions on raising rent and evicting tenants that property owners (if there is such a thing under liberal tyranny) are going Galt.
Increasingly, small-time landlords like [Wayne] Koniuk [who has been prevented by landlord restrictions from freeing up a room for his own son in his own building] are just giving up. One of his Divisadero Street neighbors has left two large apartments on the second and third floors of her building vacant for more than a decade, after a series of tenant difficulties. It's just not worth the bother, or the risk, of being legally tied to a tenant for decades.​
"Vacancy rates are going up because owners have decided to take their units off the market," said Ross Mirkarimi, a progressive member of the Board of Supervisors. He attributes that response to "peaking frustrations in dealing with the range of laws that protect tenants in San Francisco that make it difficult for small property owners to thrive."​
Perversely, that is hurting the city's renters as well, as a large percentage of the city's housing stock is allowed to just sit vacant, driving up rents that newcomers pay for market-rate housing.​

moreluck

golden ticket member

garymccoy.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That doesn't seem to stop him from doing his job.

No, it doesn't; in fact, I like his no-nonsense approach--I just don't know if his way of doing business would bring people together or further divide them.

We as a country need a wake-up call and he may be just the person to provide it for us.

No, it doesn't; in fact, I like his no-nonsense approach--I just don't know if his way of doing business would bring people together or further divide them.

We as a country need a wake-up call and he may be just the person to provide it for us.
He may be, I don't know. I think we have had the wakeup call, but no one seems to know how to answer it.

bbsam

Staff member

Ok, half jokinig, half serious. I'd like to see Christie begin a national campaign to eliminate the fat from around our waists and our budget and watch over time as both decrease. Success breeds inspiration. Turn his lard butted self into a visual aid.

Ok, half jokinig, half serious. I'd like to see Christie begin a national campaign to eliminate the fat from around our waists and our budget and watch over time as both decrease. Success breeds inspiration. Turn his lard butted self into a visual aid.
Oh, then we would be tighten our belts both figuratively and literally.The only thing I know of that I don't like about him is the fact that he is a politician. I trust politicians about as much as I trust most preachers. NO, I'm NOT shoving religion down anyone's throat.