President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

He can look after my best interest by drilling at home.......no, he's partial to adding drilling & jobs to S. America. When we say, "I pledge allegiance..." Does he just mouth the words????

Babagounj

Strength through joy

tos, how can a man who has basically halted all domestic drilling be for your best interests ?

and since this country has many different blends of fuel and limited oil refineries , just how is will this all work out ? ( oh, by the way we don't import oil from Libya, almost all of it goes to Europe, since it is a thicker blend used mostly for diesels ).

klein

Für Meno :)

tos, how can a man who has basically halted all domestic drilling be for your best interests ?

and since this country has many different blends of fuel and limited oil refineries , just how is will this all work out ? ( oh, by the way we don't import oil from Libya, almost all of it goes to Europe, since it is a thicker blend used mostly for diesels ).

You have gotten the nice shock of oil shortage in 1974 !
That's almost 40 years ago !
Why hasn't the US been drilling since then ?

klein

The North African nation sandwiched between Egypt and Tunisia posted a huge trade surplus of $1.45-billion the United States during 2010. That represents a 15.9% improvement over Libya’s $1.25 billion competitive advantage one year earlier.
Libya’s trade advantage over the United States comes down to one word: oil.

Top US Imports from Libyah

Libyan exports to the United States rose 10.3% to $2.1 billion for 2010. Libyan crude oil accounted for over three-quarters of total exports. Including other leading petroleum products, oil-related imports generated about 93% of Libyan shipments to America.

1. Crude oil … US$1.6 billion (up 16.6%, 77.6% of total)
  2. Non-light petroleum oil … $308.4 million (down 10.5%, 14.6% of total)
  3. Ethylene and other liquefied gases … $92.3 million (up 42.3%, 4.4% of total)
  4. Urea … $29.9 million (up 128.4%, 1.4% of total)
  5. Light petroleum oil … $19.2 million (down 48.2%, 0.9% of total)
  6. Anhydrous ammonia … $7 million (up 29.8%, 0.3% of total)
  7. Aromatic hydrocarbons … $6.2 million (up from nil, 0.3% of total)
  8. Petroleum gases (not natural gas) … $6.17 million (up 90.6%, 0.3% of total)
  9. Aeronautical navigation devices … $17,000 (up from nil, insignificant)
  10. Substances used in food or drinks … $6,000 (up from nil, insignificant)
Still, Libya was able to significantly grow its sales of crude oil to America by a respectable 16.6% for the year. Libyan exports of petroleum gases and liquefied gases were up by 90.6% and 42.3% respectively.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

That's not an answer.
Just more Bush bashing.

And just where did your mining companies get their drilling equipment ?
Oh, I know from China. The only great manufracturing country left in the world.:wink2:

klein

That's not an answer.
Just more Bush bashing.

And just where did your mining companies get their drilling equipment ?
Oh, I know from China. The only great manufracturing country left in the world.:wink2:

You don't mine oil sands !!! LOL it's a lot of digging that's all. Caterpillar USA built those monster trucks (worlds largest).
Have you forgotten your largest trading partner on the planet ?
It's for a reason, you know ?

It's a win, win situation - you send us those monster trucks, we do the digging, then ship oil in return.
The future aftermath : We have useless outdated old rusty scrap metal, and the US has burnt up the oil.

Fair game ;)

klein

Upstate, that's actually a problem I face, and just seen it again as 2 of us were interviwed at the same time.
It was a dirty and simple job, no brains needed. The guy that was interviewed and tour taking along with me was a total loud mouth and an idiot, and asked the most stupiest questions.
While I gave the company man great positive notes on all the safety gear they supplied and safety messures they have in place...

Well, guess what - Idiot was taken to a further interview, while I was given a handshake out the door.
It's no big deal, because the job was nuts to even do, and I couldn't care much about it..... but I do would like to make a pay check , again, no matter what I may have to do, and therfor I would have taken it.