President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanation here today

This newest scandal only confirms that this administration is leaderless from the top down.
I'm glad that this scandal is causing 'domino' investigations of all the departments. Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg. More waste to come ??

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I heard that one of the military's bomb sniffer dog, who was in the same hotel, didn't like the noises coming from some of the rooms and howled all night .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

CARTAGENA, Colombia — ABC News has learned exclusively that the Secret Service officials accused of misconduct in Colombia revealed their identities by boasting at a Cartagena brothel that they worked for President Obama.

Partying at the “Pley Club” Wednesday night, eleven members of the president’s advance team allegedly bragged “we work for Obama” and “we’re here to protect him.”

The officials spent the night throwing back expensive whiskey and enlisting the services of the club’s prostitutes, according to a bouncer at the club and a police source.

Sources tell ABC News several of the men agreed to pay for, and received, services from the “highest category” prostitutes available at the club, who charge upwards of $200.

The men paid for the sexual services in advance but when it came time to settle the bill, there was a dispute over the charges.

The group became belligerent and the police were called. The argument between the officials and the bouncers from the club escalated and ultimately spilled onto the street, according to several eye witness accounts.

The police have since been directed by U.S. authorities not to comment on that night or the scandal surrounding the Secret Service, according to a senior police official in Cartagena.

Prostitution is legal in Colombia and the women who work at the Pley Club live on the premises.
The club, located on a dusty street in the industrial Bosque neighborhood, just blocks from the port, has a rough exterior but boasts plush “pley rooms” inside.

The Pley Club is a well-known brothel in this historic city. Some taxi drivers in the resort-town are paid a commission for recommending the club and its prostitutes to tourists.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Oh my God, this came from W.Z. Still got the tin foil hat?

The Washington Times) — Senate Republicans on Tuesday turned to Miguel Estrada, a man whom Democrats denied a presidential appointment in 2003, to be their lawyer as they fight to overturn some of President Obama’s own appointments.
The move escalates the simmering constitutional battle between the Congress and the White House over several appointments Mr. Obama made in January, when the Senate was still meeting every few days and considered itself in session.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, said he and his colleagues are filing friend-of-the-court briefs in an ongoing challenge to Mr. Obama’s appointments, and said Mr. Estrada will be their lawyer.
“The president’s decision to circumvent the American people by installing his appointees at a powerful federal agency, when the Senate was not in recess, and without obtaining the advice and consent of the Senate, is an unprecedented power grab,” Mr. McConnell said.

At issue were Mr. Obama’s recess appointment of a head of a new consumer protection board and several members to the National Labor Relations Board. Republicans had signaled they would block the nominations, and had forced the Senate to remain in pro forma session even as most lawmakers went home for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
But the administration argues that with most senators at home, the chamber was not able to give “advice and consent” on nominations, so even though the Senate considered itself in session, he did not accept that determination. Under provisions of the Constitution, if the Senate is in recess he can appoint officeholders.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

110087_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

(CNSNews.com) —

In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.
That is $16,043.39 for every one of the 313,385,295 people the Census Bureau now estimates live in the United States.

At the close of business on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated, the federal government’s debt was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to the U.S. Treasury. As of the close of business on April 16, 2012 — as many Americans were working to finalize their 2011 tax returns to meet an April 17 filin deadline — the debt reached $15,654,638,525,397.64.

The $5,027,761,476,484.56 in additional debt that the U.S. government has taken on during the 39 months that Obama has been president is more debt than the federal government accumulated in the first 219 years of the Republic.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

(CNSNews.com) —

In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.
That is $16,043.39 for every one of the 313,385,295 people the Census Bureau now estimates live in the United States.

At the close of business on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated, the federal government’s debt was $10,626,877,048,913.08, according to the U.S. Treasury. As of the close of business on April 16, 2012 — as many Americans were working to finalize their 2011 tax returns to meet an April 17 filin deadline — the debt reached $15,654,638,525,397.64.

The $5,027,761,476,484.56 in additional debt that the U.S. government has taken on during the 39 months that Obama has been president is more debt than the federal government accumulated in the first 219 years of the Republic.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THESE NUMBERS... they are the same numbers you (and the other C9ers) have TRIED to deny for two years now.

You post states OBAMA has increased the deficit by $5,027,761,476,484.56, this is NOT is dispute. 3.2 trillion of that deficit was the extention of the BUSH TAX CUTS in 2010, but lets not argue that.

Instead, lets do some subtraction SHALL WE?

If you subtract what OBAMA has increased, that leaves you with 10.7 trillion dollars that BUSH LEFT THE COUNTRY in addition to a near depression, a banking collapse, a housing collapse, a manufacturing collapse, a staggering trade deficit, highest oil prices in history for 8 years, SO WHERE IS YOUR OUTRAGE that BUSH and the republicans left this country in a mess?

10.7 trillion dollars in debt
and a collapse of the greatest country on earth, and yet you want to complain about a president who has turned this around and spent less than HALF of what BUSH spent improving the country?

How does this make sense to you? OBAMA spent 5.5 trillion saving a nation, Reagan spent at a ratio of 3 to 1 and left a 3.7 trillion dollar deficit (which at the time was more than all presidents combined before him spent) and somehow, OBAMA is the bad guy?

I just want to thank you for confirming that BUSH left 10.7 trillion dollars of debt on the desk of our president.

You have to spend money to make money, and this economy is on its way back to health.

THANKS BRAAAAAAACK!!!!

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

At least he's close enough to see the disenegration and disconnection up close and personal.

The only denegration he can see is from his Staggering poll numbers which currently has HIM and his comrades with a whopping 11% approval rating. Since 2010 the GOP controlled congress has DONE NOTHING but whine and help their rich buddies who control them.

NOT a SINGLE piece of legitimate legislation has been passed by the GOP in the house without having their arms twisted.

THe do nothing congress you speak of and its leader all to well, that their days may just be numbered. NOVEMBER will prove to be the end of the current republican party as you know it.

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
I used to hear "repeal and replace". Now I only hear "repeal". Does that mean the republicans believe the health care system should be left as it is, or is there still a replacement strategy?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to hear "repeal and replace". Now I only hear "repeal". Does that mean the republicans believe the health care system should be left as it is, or is there still a replacement strategy?

My son turns 25 in May. I hope they leave it in place until he turns 26. Obamacare has been a godsend for parents with "children" who have yet to figure out what they want to be when they grow up.

bbsam

Staff member
My son turns 25 in May. I hope they leave it in place until he turns 26. Obamacare has been a godsend for parents with "children" who have yet to figure out what they want to be when they grow up.
Without being critical of you, I think your statement represents the short-sightedness of the general public. We focus on only the one part that benefits us individually and fail to see the overall benefits to millions of Americans now and in the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Without being critical of you, I think your statement represents the short-sightedness of the general public. We focus on only the one part that benefits us individually and fail to see the overall benefits to millions of Americans now and in the future.

I was trying to fit in with Generation Me.