President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

Well, at another event....I believe it was the 10th anniv. for 9-11..... you have the old ball & chain saying to O...."All this for a flag?"
It's like my A1C number...it's all cumulative !!!

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
obama_moon.jpg

Obama was already there when Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon.
In fact it was Obama who came up with, "One small step for man...."

texan

Re: Obamabastic !!

As a veteran I can assure you that there is nothing disrespectful about the way President Obama is standing in that picture. The protocol for those in uniform is to salute and for military personnel not in uniform to stand at attention and place their right hand over their heart. Civilians are required to remove their hats and face the flag with the option of placing their hand over their hearts. The President is the Commander in Chief but is not a member of the military and as such should follow the directives for civilians.

Whenever I go to a sporting event where the National Anthem is played I stand, remove my hat and perform what you derisively call the "crotch salute". Saluting or placing my hand over my heart is not necessary.

To be fair, it would have been nice had he put his hand over his heart but it is not necessary.

Not debating, nor commenting on the above. But I will post Public Law.
http://www.al65in.org/veterans/Salute.htm

There was a change in 2008:

SEC. 594. CONDUCT BY MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES AND VETERANS OUT OF UNIFORM
DURING HOISTING, LOWERING, OR PASSING OF UNITED STATES FLAG. Section 9 of title 4, United States Code, is amended by
striking 'all persons present' and all that follows through the end of the section and inserting the following:
'all persons present in uniform should render the military salute.
Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute.

All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if
applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.
Citizens of other countries present should stand at attention. All such conduct toward the flag in a moving column
should be rendered at the moment the flag passes.'

Read more: Veterans May Salute the Flag

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Obamanation here today

House GOP Speaks at Higher Level than Obama
A new study conducted by a non-profit organization reveals that House Republicans speak at a higher grade level than President Barack Obama.
Obama’s State of the Union addresses peaked at a 10th grade level in 2009 and declined to an eighth-grade level by 2012.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]Obama Becomes First Politician To Raise $1 Billion In Political Donations…[/h]
His total take reached $1,017,892,305 in April, some nine years after he began his 2004 race for the Senate. Obama is widely expected to raise at least $300 million more before November.
President George W. Bush, in contrast, raised roughly $430 million despite running two complete presidential races and bearing the brunt of Democrats’ claims that he was a pawn of bankers, oil companies, coal magnates and defense contractors

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Obamanation here today

House GOP Speaks at Higher Level than Obama

A new study conducted by a non-profit organization reveals that House Republicans speak at a higher grade level than President Barack Obama.
Obama’s State of the Union addresses peaked at a 10th grade level in 2009 and declined to an eighth-grade level by 2012.

Hey BABA,

How about something that speaks louder than your story on congress???

How about the dreadful 14% approval rating for BOEHNER and his GOP majority?? You think the GOP will keep the house with that kind of support?

Please.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, because that's what presidents do....they call around and see which program they can appear on

"Preezy of the United Steezy" will be carved in the rock of Mt. Rushmore right below his image.

Maybe he'll be on JackAss next!!