President Obama!

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's actually a very small price to pay for finally having his employees receiving healthcare !

But we can go the other way and tell UPS not to hand out free employee bennies anymore, and charge customers 20 cents less per package. Would you like that better ?
thumbnail.aspx

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamanomics

[h=2]Obamanomics: Over 100 Million Now Receiving Some Form Of Federal Welfare…[/h]
9.img_assist_custom-640x465-550x399.png

Or as Barack calls it, mission accomplished.
Via Weekly Standard:
A new chart set to be released later today by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee details a startling statistic: “Over 100 Million People in U.S. Now Receiving Some Form Of Federal Welfare.”

“The federal government administers nearly 80 different overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs,” the Senate Budget Committee notes. However, the committee states, the figures used in the chart do not include those who are only benefiting from Social Security and/or Medicare.

Food stamps and Medicaid make up a large–and growing–chunk of the more than 100 million recipients.

“Among the major means tested welfare programs, since 2000 Medicaid has increased from 34 million people to 54 million in 2011 and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps) from 17 million to 45 million in 2011,” says the Senate Budget Committee. “Spending on food stamps alone is projected to reach $800 billion over the next decade.”

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, pizza workers currently are not covered under any health care program, I assume.
So atleast for 15 cents more for a pizza, they will be.

Just subract 15 cents per week or per month from United way (depending how many pizzas you order) !
Atleast you'll know someone gets health care coverage with your extra 15 cents spent ! Isn't that a good thing ?

Or would you rather have a national sales tax like us and most other countries to pay for it ?
Trust me, it works out to much more than 15 cents !

We have the lowest National Sales tax at 5%, so even a pizza at $10 is $10.50 , with tax.
50 cents more, then just 15 cents !

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
If it's a lie, then you are saying 100% of the people in America will have health coverage.....now who's lying?
No, 100% will not be covered, but more will be covered with ACA than without. In another stunning finding, there will still be homeless and poor people, as well as undocumented people after the ACA is fully enacted.
Those that aren't covered, are not covered because they are undocumented, or eligible for but not enrolled in the program, as well as those in states that have opted out for the poorer residents, due to the ruling of the SCOTUS.

Would you like it better if those 20 million undocumented or imprisoned people had health care? I wouldn't mind, but I have a feeling you would.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Giving free healthcare and free everything to illegal aliens is something Democrats strive for. Warm & fuzzy is their ticket.

klein

Giving free healthcare and free everything to illegal aliens is something Democrats strive for. Warm & fuzzy is their ticket.

I would imagine if you are illegal and without documents, it would be like in the rest of the world - no proof of insurance - no doctors visit , unless you pay cash, debit, or cc, which would cost $60 here in Canada (compared to being free, if you are a proven legal resident of Canada and have a healthcare card or you're on file at that doctors office).

I just go whatever is nearby at times. Walk-in clinic or whatever.
But, I do avoid ER, because I know it'll be costly for all Canadians.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Moreluck, actually I would prefer that all humans are treated equally, but that's not gonna happen.

Some guy started a religion a couple of thousand years ago that emphasized taking care of the less fortunate among us, and treating everyone how they wished to be treated themselves. Too bad it never caught on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moreluck, actually I would prefer that all humans are treated equally, but that's not gonna happen.

Some guy started a religion a couple of thousand years ago that emphasized taking care of the less fortunate among us, and treating everyone how they wished to be treated themselves. Too bad it never caught on.

If they are less fortunate from a different country, their home country can take care of them. America can take care of the less fortunate Americans instead of takng care of everyone else in this whole frickin' world.

klein

If they are less fortunate from a different country, their home country can take care of them. America can take care of the less fortunate Americans instead of takng care of everyone else in this whole frickin' world.

Problem is - you don't even want to take care of your own citizens ! Piss on them, right ? Each on their own !

When I dine out, or see other workers at work, with less pay, such as a convience store employee, I don't look down at them.
Good for them - thay have a job, and do hard work.
But, in the US they don't get any sort of reward for it - no healthcare bennies, and work for $8.00 or 8.50 an hr.
Worse off than part-timers at UPS there, because UPS is union and pays bennies.

It's just not right !

Now, your complaining about paying 14 cents more for a pizza, because finally they'll get healthcare !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

But . . . but . . . but . . . Obama killed Bin Laden with his bare hands!
Via RCP:
“This election is going to come down to what people perceive the performance of this president is. And the governor’s (Ed Rendell) book, provides a great, great reference,” Romney surrogate John Sununu said on CNN in an interview that will air on “Piers Morgan Tonight.”

The title of Rendell’s book is “A Nation of Wusses.”

“Obama hasn’t passed a budget in four years, he’s a wuss,” Sununu says. “Obama has rejected the recommendation of his own Simpson-Bowles, on a budget package, he’s a wuss. He wants to lead from behind, he’s a wuss!”