President Obama!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
OK ... the cost of the Healthcare premiums will go up but ...

They didn't account for the financial help that the Affordable Care Act gives uninsured people to purchase insurance, one of the law's central provisions.

The cost to the individual may go down but it is because someone else is paying for the insurance.

The price is still going up.

Actually, the price increases are less than they have been in previous years, in most cases. What has gone up is the coverage itself. Many of the 'lost cost' policies covered very little, the ACA requires that all policies meet a minimum standard. That standard was not met with many of the existing 'low cost' policies.

If you fall within 400% of the poverty level, you will get a subsidy, and yes, that subsidy comes from somewhere. I would call it a return on my investment as a taxpayer and insurance purchaser. Others liken it to slavery. I guess it depends on your perspective.

bbsam

Staff member
OK ... the cost of the Healthcare premiums will go up but ...

They didn't account for the financial help that the Affordable Care Act gives uninsured people to purchase insurance, one of the law's central provisions.

The cost to the individual may go down but it is because someone else is paying for the insurance.

The price is still going up.

If it makes you feel any better, just view it for what it really is: a giveaway to huge insurance companies not unlike subsidies to oil companies. Only difference is that there is a targeted secondary beneficiary, the uninsured. If this were to be a big train wreck like so many say, insurance companies would be doing the loudest squawking right now.

island1fox

Actually, the price increases are less than they have been in previous years, in most cases. What has gone up is the coverage itself. Many of the 'lost cost' policies covered very little, the ACA requires that all policies meet a minimum standard. That standard was not met with many of the existing 'low cost' policies.

If you fall within 400% of the poverty level, you will get a subsidy, and yes, that subsidy comes from somewhere. I would call it a return on my investment as a taxpayer and insurance purchaser. Others liken it to slavery. I guess it depends on your perspective.

rr,

So if I read this correctly ---all the members of Congress and their Staffs are on Obamacare but receive huge subsidies--so they fall within 400% of the poverty level---and the next fairy tale -----

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Shamwow !

2qrzgqx.jpg

Obama Tells Americans to Enroll via Phone, Phone Number Crashes

11bmbzc.png

bbsam

Staff member
That's strange considering this is a law "pushed down Americas throat that Americans don't want". Why so many calls?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not surprised by this product (ACA) failure. Look at Solyndra, the Volt, etc.......anything that Obama touches turns to _ _ _ _ !!!