President Obama!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My point was a growing percentage of young adults (26 and under) are underemployed to the point where their insurance premiums under Obamacare would be subsidized by the government. For the most part, people in this age group are infrequent users of medical care who would be better served by staying on their parents' policies.
They don't have to buy their own policy and voters 18-26 vote Democrat ticket. Coincidence?

moreluck

golden ticket member
r9iupu.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard this morning that 1/3 of the people who think they are enrolled in Obamacare......are really not !!

My question is....how will they find out ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you ever shopped in the commissary or BX/PX? The prices are really not that much better than you would find at Sam's Clubs. It has been a few years (24) since I last shopped on base but I seem to recall that they did not charge sales tax at the commissary. I may be wrong on that. My point is commissaries, while convenient, are not necessary, especially with bases in more populated areas.

oldngray

nowhere special
Many military retirees go to the commissary once a month and buy most of what they need. There is no sales tax I think but a small % is added which is less than normal sales tax (maybe 2%?) but not sure. I worked at a commissary as a bagboy many years ago and mostly remembered everyone bought cartons of cigarettes because without state tax they were far cheaper. I think its disrespectful to close the commissaries since most people serving in military are paid a lower wage than the general public so those lower grocery prices should be considered part of the compensation they have earned.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My neighbor shops at Pendleton....pays about 30% less than the grocery stores. He'll be pissed if that plan goes forward. He goes once a month and then does the milk run or bread run to the local stores. It's a big savings for them!!!
The military protects us and they do it voluntarily......there are better ways to cut costs than taking away perks.l

island1fox

They don't have to buy their own policy and voters 18-26 vote Democrat ticket. Coincidence?

Hoax,

What is also amazing about this ---the way the law is written --if the young and healthy do not sign up for their own health care ---obamacare fails ---sounds like a forced single payer plan !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Varney was doing a report and I wasn't paying close attention, but I think I heard him say that the insurance companies have to make so much profit and if they don't, we have to bail them out. He said it's written so in the ACA............ ???