President Obama!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
wkmac, it really seems as if the USA is not the place for you.

Perhaps you should consider leaving, since the problem here is systemic, in your view.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
rachel_maddow_chris_hayes_pajama_boy.jpg

island1fox

This is a point that all of us --both left and right should consider and be concerned about.

Any Law that the Senate and the House --DEBATE--NEGOTIATE--AMEND---and then Pass it ---send it to the Executive Branch --The President has the power to veto it or sign it into Law.

Once it is the law of the Land ---Does the President have the power and the right to decide what part or parts of the law will or won't be enforced ??
Also decides which citizens the law will apply to and which citizens it will not ---based on political reasons ????

This is not how our Government was meant to function.

The "King" will make the laws fit to the way he wants --not what the law makers passed.

Any changes or amendments needed in the law --should go back to the house and Senate to be dealt with .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nothing out of the ordinary here, nothing to see, move along.

He's rich, like all of our presidents of the past 70 years, and many before then. Are you suggesting rich people shouldn't go on vacation, or that they shouldn't care about poor people?
List of United States Presidents by net worth

If you're suggesting they shouldn't go on vacation while in office, I agree. But guess what. That's just business as usual for Republicans AND Democrats.
Presidential Vacations

M

MenInBrown

This is a point that all of us --both left and right should consider and be concerned about.

Any Law that the Senate and the House --DEBATE--NEGOTIATE--AMEND---and then Pass it ---send it to the Executive Branch --The President has the power to veto it or sign it into Law.

Once it is the law of the Land ---Does the President have the power and the right to decide what part or parts of the law will or won't be enforced ??
Also decides which citizens the law will apply to and which citizens it will not ---based on political reasons ????

This is not how our Government was meant to function.

The "King" will make the laws fit to the way he wants --not what the law makers passed.

Any changes or amendments needed in the law --should go back to the house and Senate to be dealt with .
I have been wondering too how our elected officials let him get away with this. The bigger problem with this is that the next president will do the same thing and probably abuse it even more.

wkmac

I have been wondering too how our elected officials let him get away with this. The bigger problem with this is that the next president will do the same thing and probably abuse it even more.

Your argument has in some effect been going on for some time under what is known as the Unitary Executive Theory. This wiki piece is just a very brief summary and much better stuff can be found doing a good net search or reading the embedded links used to support. It has always been a hotly debated topic of just where the President can execute executive power over legislative action.

The President also has in effect legislative powers in the Administrative Procedures Act Title 5 in which the President can exercise limited rule and/or law making powers via the Executive Order. In fairness to the office of the President, some legislation from Congress is vague and thus grants the authority to the President to make or establish such rules as he/she feels necessary to enact the legislation as to intent and passed. Not all legislation is 1000's of pages long.

APA lays out the process that the Executive Order of a President among many rules much be published in the Federal Register and thus a 30 day clock begins to tick that allows a process for both Congress and the Public to properly object. If the objection meets the rules criteria, the President's actions are sidetabled and depending on the situation, a process is followed. In some cases the issue returns to Congress for re-consideration.

Presidents of both parties are guilty of overstepping Article 2 delegated authority but at the same time Congress has been horribly lazy in responding or objecting. Mostly so the ruling party holding the executive branch can benefit and thus the majority party in Congress often becomes complicit. When Congress screams about Presidential power, I'm not convinced that Congress is not having a Brer Rabbit moment in bringing up the briar patch. Also if something goes bad, blaming a President who at best can only serve 8 years to begin with is much better than having to face the blame yourself and upend a 20 or 30 year career as a legislator. Something about a do-nothing Congress come to mind?

The public at large however has been hugely ignorant (IGNOREant), some of that pure laziness or ignoring the acts of the party they voted for. In fairness, some of it as a result of being overwhelmed with vast amounts of information and some of that I also feel is on purpose. Hard to achieve clarity of thought when you can't even wade through all the contradictions. There is also the "my team won so we get to cheat" mentality but when the tables turn, oh the screams when the other team does it. That is that principle thingy I talk about mostly to howls and hollers here and equally from both sides. Speaks volumes IMO.

All federal agency rule making, all of it, also have to meet the APA process along with publishing the agency delegation of authority as to who can do what within the agency. For example, you'd be surprised who can and can not audit you within the IRS. Not everyone in the IRS has that delegation of authority. All forms required of the public also must meet APA criteria. Doesn't mean they want to be forth coming about it and the reason Title 5 also has the Freedom of Information Act as a weapon to open gov't document access.

The President may be acting outside the bounds of Constitutional wording of Art. 2 but if this be true, he's only followed a precedence long set by other Presidents with full support of both political parties when they are self served to benefit. Not to mention a public more than willing to just roll over and let them do it. Calling out Obama may be correct but it's only the guilty fingering the guilty IMO.

wkmac

Nothing out of the ordinary here, nothing to see, move along.

He's rich, like all of our presidents of the past 70 years, and many before then. Are you suggesting rich people shouldn't go on vacation, or that they shouldn't care about poor people?
List of United States Presidents by net worth

If you're suggesting they shouldn't go on vacation while in office, I agree. But guess what. That's just business as usual for Republicans AND Democrats.
Presidential Vacations

When it comes to vacations, I've always argued the American people would be vastly better served if the folks in Washington spent more time on vacation.