Promoting racism, division and hate...Critical Race Theory.

Box Ox

It’s the Democrats agenda to change the demographics,

I think it'd be difficult to make an argument otherwise. It might be mostly about the ideology and associated voting behavior that could be expected of people coming from certain parts of the world. I could be wrong, but Democrats don't seem to like the idea of letting large numbers of Cubans or maybe even Venezuelans enter the country.

vantexan

In case you’ve forgotten what attempted mob rule looks like…

View attachment 356556
And you can attempt to downplay it, but that is EXACTLY what your side believes in when it loses an election.
Where were the guns? Frozen water bottles and bricks? Did they burn down the Capitol Building? There was no attempt to rule anyone, just venting frustration after 4+ years of lies against Trump and an obviously rigged election.

vantexan

I think it'd be difficult to make an argument otherwise. It might be mostly about the ideology and associated voting behavior that could be expected of people coming from certain parts of the world. I could be wrong, but Democrats don't seem to like the idea of letting large numbers of Cubans or maybe even Venezuelans enter the country.
That's because those countries are clamped down and the ones who escaped are in favor of capitalism.

upsgrunt

Exactly. My brother in law made much the same money and retired earlier this year at age 53. Not because he’s black. Because he’s a damn good engineer. Don’t act like America did him any great favors because he’s black. And don’t act like he didn’t have doors slammed shut along the way either.

He must be a republican.

bbsam

Staff member
Where were the guns? Frozen water bottles and bricks? Did they burn down the Capitol Building? There was no attempt to rule anyone, just venting frustration after 4+ years of lies against Trump and an obviously rigged election.
Lol. Just sightseers and family vacationers, eh?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exactly. My brother in law made much the same money and retired earlier this year at age 53. Not because he’s black. Because he’s a damn good engineer. Don’t act like America did him any great favors because he’s black. And don’t act like he didn’t have doors slammed shut along the way either.
Plenty of doors have been slammed in the faces of White folks also, especially poor White people. I can speak from first hand knowledge of that. The difference though, is that successful people, Black and White, choose door after door until one opens for them, or they build a door.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sure. A lotta people didn't like what they were seeing in Trump, myself included. I don't regret having given Biden a shot. But I never would again.

Looks like Biden averaged around 53% approval on day 1. Don't think the bottom completely fell out until the Afghanistan disaster. That's when I knew I was completely done with him. The out of control situation on the southern border has made me feel even more so since then.
At least you're not one of the people living in an alternate universe who think Biden is doing a good job.

And here we are, my white son can't get a job as an engineer right now!

vantexan

Plenty of doors have been slammed in the faces of White folks also, especially poor White people. I can speak from first hand knowledge of that. The difference though, is that successful people, Black and White, choose door after door until one opens for them, or they build a door.
To some people it's always about racism. Not about performance. If I perform poorly I lose my job but if they lose their job for performing poorly it's racism. What they don't see that poor whites definitely notice is white bosses in many instances will bend over backwards to accommodate poorly performing blacks to avoid any racist accusations or worse yet lawsuits while coming down harshly on whites for just about anything.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Head in the sand....

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How successful would he have been in Africa had there been no slavery to bring your family to America?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
How successful would he have been in Africa had there been no slavery to bring your family to America?
I'm sure I will be called racist and my posts will be deleted as they keep doing because I am anti-Biden, but blacks make up 12.4% of the US population.
Why do they get more than 12.4% of anything????

vantexan

I'm sure I will be called racist and my posts will be deleted as they keep doing because I am anti-Biden, but blacks make up 12.4% of the US population.
Why do they get more than 12.4% of anything????
We really don't apportion according to population size. It's individual merit. In spite of what bbsam thinks blacks have excellent opportunities if they do the work because many companies want to give them a chance just to prove they are forward thinking. Heck blacks with lower test scores are getting into Ivy League schools, bumping out whites and Asians with much higher scores because universities want to show how diverse and inclusive they are. I worked with a great black guy in New Mexico who asked me what I thought about him possibly getting on with the Border Patrol and having a much higher chance of getting hired because he was black. I said it's tough enough getting a decent job anywhere so if they give him the opportunity he should grab it and not feel guilty about it. Whoever you are you work with what's available and make the most of it. If others resent it that's their problem.

vantexan

We really don't apportion according to population size. It's individual merit. In spite of what bbsam thinks blacks have excellent opportunities if they do the work because many companies want to give them a chance just to prove they are forward thinking. Heck blacks with lower test scores are getting into Ivy League schools, bumping out whites and Asians with much higher scores because universities want to show how diverse and inclusive they are. I worked with a great black guy in New Mexico who asked me what I thought about him possibly getting on with the Border Patrol and having a much higher chance of getting hired because he was black. I said it's tough enough getting a decent job anywhere so if they give him the opportunity he should grab it and not feel guilty about it. Whoever you are you work with what's available and make the most of it. If others resent it that's their problem.
And I know I contradicted myself above because there are opportunities made for some groups based on who they are rather than merit. I just meant we don't say ok you are 12.4% of the population so we will only hire 12.4% of our workforce from your group. Or hand out 12.4% of welfare. There's no set formula.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
And I know I contradicted myself above because there are opportunities made for some groups based on who they are rather than merit. I just meant we don't say ok you are 12.4% of the population so we will only hire 12.4% of our workforce from your group. Or hand out 12.4% of welfare. There's no set formula.
I understand there is no set ratio, but the opportunities and advantages for blacks (12%) completely blow away those for Latinos (19%), Asians (7.0%) and Whites (62%)....

It's like they, as a group, are great contributors.