Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike

takesteady

What many people don’t understand is most of the supposed pot smokers, watched people like quad waste 40 years chasing Corvettes and airplanes while his family never saw him. And now they see a bitter sad old man and they don’t want any part of that, who can blame them? People like him are the ones hampering the younger generation from moving forward they’re afraid they’ll become like that.
Exactly. Luckily most of the RPCD in my building are cool and understand what 'solidarity' means, but it seems most of BC thinks were a bunch of homeless bums who barely consider us part of the union.

Thebrownblob

I guess I won't know what to do without your God like insight and wisdom....in our imminent, miserable retirement. My God, how have we ever done without you? In fact mankind?

Enjoy my plane and corvette........just makes me smile.......oh the jealous envy(a mental defect by the way).

Just looking at buying tires for the plane.......could you help me out putting them on? Would you go for 6,8 or 10 ply? Pretty please....as I have no clue. You are an aircraft mechanic also.....right? What brand of tires do you have on your plane? Matter of fact......I'm not sure how I ever acquired my plane or vette......being that I've just stumbled through life....wasting away and all.

Now, pvd's, 22.4's and contractors are a DIRECT product....direct......consequence of negotiations by the Union...Champ. By the way(newsflash) I ain't the only one bitching.......your coven of BC clowns bitch all day on here.

Now, chicken poop keyboard warrior......leave my wife out of it. The front lines in the public schools are salt of the earth bedrock.

Now, tell us how picking on defenseless women is a true measure of a man.
Take your Geritol and go to bed. Maybe if you were more of a man you would’ve made sure she could quit that job and go someplace where she was compensated fairly. Too busy chasing those Corvettes right buddy? You wouldn’t wanna let anything get in the way of your pleasure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
"Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike". Is a statement. Or you going to debate this also? OMG. Your sense of self-importance is breathtaking.

And really who cares what you think? Blah blah so says who?

Truth is-lot's of folks could only dream of our wages. Fact.

Not to mention benefits.

The job has never really changed. 30 years ago I worked 8 to 8.......now I work 2 to 2.....shrug.

Amazon and Fed-Ex, the post office look admiringly at our wages. Our Amazon guy can be seen running from the wrong way parked van to the door......down long rural driveways........think he would take $41 an hour? To run all day? Better believe it.
Think he would take having his kid delivered for free or his wife's chemo all gratis? Get a clue. Just not worth it......wow.

The only real changes are the threats to our jobs negotiated in by the Union.

$41 isn't terrible money........really?

My wife works at a middle school as a secretary........it's shameful what she makes for what she has to put up with. You need to get some real perspective. And a clue.

I can't speak for the pothead tat generation and their work ethic. Better wages for them just means more pot.

Do you ever have a positive thought go through your head?
Or is it all doom and gloom
Ups insurance will pay for your therapist
You need to seriously consider it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What many people don’t understand is most of the supposed pot smokers, watched people like quad waste 40 years chasing Corvettes and airplanes while his family never saw him. And now they see a bitter sad old man and they don’t want any part of that, who can blame them? People like him are the ones hampering the younger generation from moving forward they’re afraid they’ll become like that.

If you think everybody that age is like that idiot then you are dead wrong

Thebrownblob

If you think everybody that age is like that idiot then you are dead wrong
Nope not all of them, but the attitude has changed a lot and I’m not sure it’s for any other reason then some people like quad. We just wrapped up a contract where the company gave the employees a 20% raise and it was voted down. Not because they wanted more money but they wanted a guarantee of more time off. That kind of raise being voted down 15 to 20 years ago is unheard of. This generation Doesn’t see the value in spending countless hours on the clock.

allahuakbar

She/Her
The Young generation for the most part the gets a part-time job here are just looking for money

They are completely different from when I started because I knew if I could get my foot in the door I could work my way up.
They don't want that, they don't want to drive, they don't want to work 10 hours a day five or six days
No one wants to work 10 hours a day. Me included. We shouldn’t have to anymore.

Thebrownblob

What are you willing to give up to not work 50 hrs a week? More PVD's? Cut in Pension? Cut in healthcare?
Good grief thank God you’re not negotiating. How about we give up nothing, and hire more drivers. That way only the people who really want the extra work Will get it. It really used to be like that a lot more. There was always a couple of hours whores in a center who would mop up any extra hours.

PT Car Washer

Good grief thank God you’re not negotiating. How about we give up nothing, and hire more drivers. That way only the people who really want the extra work Will get it. It really used to be like that a lot more. There was always a couple of hours whores in a center who would mop up any extra hours.
More to it then just hiring a few extra drivers. Buying more package cars, expanding buildings that are already busting at the seams etc, etc. Then if there is a contraction in volume the company will have excess compacity it still has to pay for.

Thebrownblob

More to it then just hiring a few extra drivers. Buying more package cars, expanding buildings that are already busting at the seams etc, etc. Then if there is a contraction in volume the company will have excess compacity it still has to pay for.
They already doubled the size of my facility. You need a golf cart to drive in this damn place. and we have plenty of equipment, just need meat in the seat.

PT Car Washer

They already doubled the size of my facility. You need a golf cart to drive in this damn place. and we have plenty of equipment, just need meat in the seat.
Wow. At my building they just add more dog houses to load package cars. Not sure if they can add anymore. During Peak the company makes a satellite Ctr at the airport. You can imagine what kind of a missort problem that creates.

100%

"Puff piece to get some scabs for the strike". Is a statement. Or you going to debate this also? OMG. Your sense of self-importance is breathtaking.

And really who cares what you think? Blah blah so says who?

Truth is-lot's of folks could only dream of our wages. Fact.

Not to mention benefits.

The job has never really changed. 30 years ago I worked 8 to 8.......now I work 2 to 2.....shrug.

Amazon and Fed-Ex, the post office look admiringly at our wages. Our Amazon guy can be seen running from the wrong way parked van to the door......down long rural driveways........think he would take $41 an hour? To run all day? Better believe it.
Think he would take having his kid delivered for free or his wife's chemo all gratis? Get a clue. Just not worth it......wow.

The only real changes are the threats to our jobs negotiated in by the Union.

$41 isn't terrible money........really?

My wife works at a middle school as a secretary........it's shameful what she makes for what she has to put up with. You need to get some real perspective. And a clue.

I can't speak for the pothead tat generation and their work ethic. Better wages for them just means more pot.
How’s your salary job? Making $41 on paper look good to you? With a buying power of $20 now? Ok got it. What’s shameful is people take a job knowing it doesn’t pay then complain about it.

100%

This applies to multiple users on here. The 'friend you got mine' mentality runs strong on BrownCfe and it's PATHETIC. A union is only powerful as its members, and as much as most you may not like it, that includes part timers. I couldnt in good conscience recommend this place as it stands to rookies given its open hostility to part timers for reasons that are for the most part out of their control. Do better BC.
This place is littered with UPS management. Seeding division.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What are you willing to give up to not work 50 hrs a week? More PVD's? Cut in Pension? Cut in healthcare?

I brought this up before ... again look at Article 34 (master)..the last two years relating to that .50 cent per hour contribution that was to go into our Health and Welfare fund.

(Too Be Determined)(TBD)

I am reading it as for example.... if (Team Care) was doing well that those monetary contributions were to be placed into our individual (Pension) funds.

"Cut in healthcare" is the least of our concerns with the 2023 contract...The companies are paying currently over 500 dollars a week (Full time and 400 Part time) into our health care coverages. They could gut our current retirees since they do not make for the most part monetary contributions into their plans. But with all that is going on with the aftermath of this pandemic It would be real poor judgment to go after the elderly that have already paid their dues.

Going to repeat myself...the big issue on the table this coming year is, ready for it:

(PENSIONS)

Particularly with the IBT/UPS formula...:grrr: