Random Christmas things

texan

I love photos.

Sometimes they tell such a story or capture life and it's contrasts.

An Ultra-Orthodox Jew walks past a man dressed up as Santa Claus
carrying a Christmas tree and ringing a bell as he walks in
Jerusalem's Old City.

Date 23 Dec 2013.
Picture: AHMAD GHARABLI/AFP/Getty Images

moreluck

golden ticket member
P1010001 (2).JPG

This is Mocha on Christmas morning. That snake has a 'squeaker' in each section plus lots of stuffing. It will keep her busy for a long time.

The monkey is her "Blanket Buddy". She loves blankets and she will tear the monkey to shreds.
It was fun to watch her romp....at 10 1/2 years old.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We were up sooooo early, we went to our Starbucks........it was actually open this year. We had coffee cake and coffee and watched as people staggered in.
Then we went over to Albertson's (open 6 to 6 today) and checked out their staffing.

Found a few bargains........they were really pushing their fresh green beans.....lots of them left. We got about a pound. I wasn't planning on green beans, but they sounded good with bacon.
Also saw Claim Jumper pies (2/$10). I got coconut cream and banana cream for another time. There were hardly any cars on the road.....so quiet and still..

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Christmas will be tomorrow for the little guy his mommy and daddy are both on midnight shift patrolling their respective districts . Dinner with the family tonight then we get to see him come down the stairs tomorrow. Santa is still coming only a day later.Christmas Eve was low impact only worked 1/2 day at full time job and first Christmas Eve in 16 peaks I had off from airs . Enjoyed my wifes company as we wrapped gifts and had a late dinner.

moreluck

golden ticket member

It's only Nov. 3rd and there is one Christmas tree up already. Michaels had a sale on a 4' , pre-lit tree that was originally $49.99, on sale for $24.99, and in store (Sunday only) for $19.99.

Our main tree always goes in the formal living room in front of double glass doors and the lights of it show to the street. We never go in there, so we don't see that tree very much.....except Christmas morning.

This smaller tree fits perfectly on the hearth of the fireplace in the rec room....where we spend a lot of time. It's decorated with all silver bulbs in different textures......some smooth, some sparkly, some carved fancy. The lights are all clear. Very shiny and sparkly.

We put it together to make sure it worked OK and decided to just keep it up. I'm enjoying it.

Merry Early Christmas !!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
My oldest & I love the Christmas season. We've been listening to a little Christmas music, and watching a movie or two. Not so easy when others in the family don't enjoy the season.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are in the process of putting up the lights in all 17 neighborhoods of Talega.....they can't turn them on 'til Thanksgiving night, but it's easier to put up lights while the weather is nice...in the 70's.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
They are in the process of putting up the lights in all 17 neighborhoods of Talega.....they can't turn them on 'til Thanksgiving night, but it's easier to put up lights while the weather is nice...in the 70's.
As opposed to the frigid 65 degree weather later in the month?