Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Correcto

god is dead
It doesn't what?
Spell everything out specifically ? SMH
Yeah,, that's it.
1 Wrong 2:11--" And Jesus shall sit on the throne and keep track of cakes and who raised children."
If the above passages aren't enough for you..do what you want..believe what you want..free will.. choice.. but while you have your definition and opinion, let the cake makers have theirs.
I respect their free will to move out of Colorado into a place that doesn’t force you to serve same sex couples if you own a business.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you’re going to go against the law you better prove that the book says if I make this cake I’m violating my faith or if I let them adopt a child Jesus will cry.

I honestly don’t see that as protected religious freedom. I see that as undermining state civil rights laws, which I do agree with in favor of your opinion of what some deity or dude that lived 5,000 years ago might of wanted, maybe, possibly, not clearly lined out in scripture.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
If you’re going to go against the law you better prove that the book says
Acts 5:29 --" We must obey God rather than men"

if I make this cake I’m violating my faith or if I let them adopt a child Jesus will cry.
I can see why they made the choice based on just the above passage alone.When mans law violates God's law, the Christian has a responsibility to obey God's law as much as he is able.

I honestly don’t see that as protected religious freedom.
I do.

I see that as undermining state civil rights laws,
It is definitely a violation of civil law.

of your opinion of what some deity or dude that lived 5,000 years ago might of wanted, maybe, possibly, not clearly lined out in scripture.
Opinion?
I've never had a problem understanding scripture . Any 12 year old can read it and understand it.
The part that seems to be the problem is accepting what it says, not understanding it.

El Correcto

god is dead
I can see why they made the choice based on just the above passage alone.When mans law violates God's law, the Christian has a responsibility to obey God's law as much as he is able.
I can’t, your religious writing don’t have anything in them about cakes or gay weddings. Only that homosexuality won’t inherit the earth.

I’ve read some of the marriage stuff taught, why is a Christian even a cake maker celebrating marriage. It’s better not to be married apparently, he is leading people into the secondary lifestyle. Should be telling people not to marry all around. Jesus apparently wasn’t a huge fan of you cishets marrying. He wanted you to come hangout in his boy gang and learn to please god.

El Correcto

god is dead
Seriously Jesus sounds extremely gay when you hear him talk about marriage. He has my stance on marriage, with out my stance on sex.

BrownFlush

You'd have to have the intelligence of a 12 year old to take scripture literally like you do.
A 12 year old would know that all scripture is not literal. Some of it is figurative language.
This is literal -- "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. -- 2 Timothy 3:16

BrownFlush

I can’t, your religious writing don’t have anything in them about cakes or gay weddings. Only that homosexuality won’t inherit the earth.
None of it is my religious writing.

You really think everything is addressed in scripture as specific as homosexuality? As specific as homosexuality is condemned in scripture, you reject anyway. So it's no surprise you don't see by necessary inference , there is no need to specifically spell out a gay wedding would be condemned or a cake celebrating a union that is condemned in scripture.

He has my stance on marriage
No he doesn't .
Matthew 19.
Marriage is between a man and a women.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A 12 year old would know that all scripture is not literal. Some of it is figurative language.
This is literal -- "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. -- 2 Timothy 3:16

For many, scripture is literal, as in the many Christians who believe in inerrancy.

El Correcto

god is dead
I choose to not waste my time believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, aka Space God.
If there is a god, I’d see it more of a programmer if reality really is a simulation or a type of energy the human brain can channel, maybe a sort of placebo effect going through all the rituals and your mind truly believing it works.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If there is a god, I’d see it more of a programmer if reality really is a simulation or a type of energy the human brain can channel, maybe a sort of placebo effect going through all the rituals and your mind truly believing it works.

That sounds more reasonable to me than what I usually read here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
None of it is my religious writing.

You really think everything is addressed in scripture as specific as homosexuality? As specific as homosexuality is condemned in scripture, you reject anyway. So it's no surprise you don't see by necessary inference , there is no need to specifically spell out a gay wedding would be condemned or a cake celebrating a union that is condemned in scripture.

No he doesn't .
Matthew 19.
Marriage is between a man and a women.

All of this presumes the Bible is accurate and truthful. Has anybody ever told you that the Bible has been tweaked many times so it can be cherry-picked by those who did the editing/translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.