Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
My life is dependent on the water , GOD it's a myth? oh until u see it with your own eye ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My life is dependent on the water , GOD it's a myth? oh until u see it with your own eye ?
tenor (6).gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The "Golden Rule" is the name men gave to the statement Jesus made in Matthew 7:12 " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

So the Bible to you is sort of like a buffet... you get to pick and choose what you want and disregard what you don't like.
In your words..cherry pick.

Every holy book and /or religions has valuable and wise statements in them...even the hated Quoran. So what if I like the Golden Rule? It speaks to me, as does the Buddhist philosophy of respecting life, no matter how small. I personally believe that all so-called holy books are basically fairy tales, the Bible included.

So, choose your fairy tale and live accordingly if you so choose. Lots of books contain wisdom. You might try reading something else instead of your Bible.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Every holy book and /or religions has valuable and wise statements in them...even the hated Quoran. So what if I like the Golden Rule? It speaks to me, as does the Buddhist philosophy of respecting life, no matter how small. I personally believe that all so-called holy books are basically fairy tales, the Bible included.

So, choose your fairy tale and live accordingly if you so choose. Lots of books contain wisdom. You might try reading something else instead of your Bible.
"The fool has said there is no God."

BrownFlush

I personally believe that all so-called holy books are basically fairy tales, the Bible included.

Bible: Fulfilled Prophecy. Every prophecy matches its fulfillment perfectly. Over 300 refer to Jesus Christ (Isa. 53; Mic. 5:2)
Fairy Tale:Failed Prophecy. No other book in all history can match the Bible record. Guesses result in hit-&-miss pattern. Jehovah's Witnesses predicted 1914, 1925, etc. as the end.

Bible: Resurrection of Jesus. This proved him "to be the Son of God with power." All power and authority to reveal and command is his (Rom. 1:4; Matt. 28:18).
Fairy Tale: None Raised. None of the so called leaders can offer such powerful proof. God gave them no authority to reveal or command.

Bible: Unity in Message. 66 books by 40 men in 1,500 years all fit together with perfect unity in purpose and message. Jesus Christ as God's Son and man's Savior is the one story (Jn. 20:30-31).
Fairy Tale: Disunity. No similar collection of religious literature reflects the unity and harmony of the Bible. Denominational creeds contradict each other. The Koran is full of contradictions.

Bible: Genuine Miracles. The miracles of the prophets, Christ, and his apostles could not be denied even by their enemies. These miracles confirmed the word as revelation (Acts 4:16; Mk. 16:20; Jn. 3:2).
Fairy Tale: Fake Miracles. No other claim to divine inspiration has ever been confirmed by true miracles. False claims to speak in tongues or heal are a dime a dozen (Oral Roberts' 900 ft. Jesus says to send money!).

Bible: Text Preserved. No other book has faced as many efforts by its enemies to eliminate its existence. Yet the Bible text is the most accurately preserved of all ancient literature. God protects it (Isa. 40:8; 1 Pet. 1:25).
Faith Tale: Texts in Doubt. Pali texts written 300-500 years after Buddha lived (500 B.C.); earliest copies date A.D. 900. 3,911 changes were made in the 2nd edition of The Book of Mormon.

Bible: Many Other Evidences. The Bible record is consistent with all proven facts of history, geography, science, and archaeology.
Fairy Tale: Many Other Fallacies. The Book of Mormon contradicts facts of history, geography, science and archaeology. It claims to have been written in Reformed Egyptian; no such language existed.

Bible: Infallible, Inerrant. The Bible equips man fully unto salvation and service for God. It teaches error of no kind but reflects the perfect character of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
Fairy Tale: Full of Error. All other claims of divine inspiration, revelation and illumination reflect the fallible character of their authors.

Choose your fairy tales wisely.

BrownArmy

Bible: Fulfilled Prophecy. Every prophecy matches its fulfillment perfectly. Over 300 refer to Jesus Christ (Isa. 53; Mic. 5:2)
Fairy Tale:Failed Prophecy. No other book in all history can match the Bible record. Guesses result in hit-&-miss pattern. Jehovah's Witnesses predicted 1914, 1925, etc. as the end.

Bible: Resurrection of Jesus. This proved him "to be the Son of God with power." All power and authority to reveal and command is his (Rom. 1:4; Matt. 28:18).
Fairy Tale: None Raised. None of the so called leaders can offer such powerful proof. God gave them no authority to reveal or command.

Bible: Unity in Message. 66 books by 40 men in 1,500 years all fit together with perfect unity in purpose and message. Jesus Christ as God's Son and man's Savior is the one story (Jn. 20:30-31).
Fairy Tale: Disunity. No similar collection of religious literature reflects the unity and harmony of the Bible. Denominational creeds contradict each other. The Koran is full of contradictions.

Bible: Genuine Miracles. The miracles of the prophets, Christ, and his apostles could not be denied even by their enemies. These miracles confirmed the word as revelation (Acts 4:16; Mk. 16:20; Jn. 3:2).
Fairy Tale: Fake Miracles. No other claim to divine inspiration has ever been confirmed by true miracles. False claims to speak in tongues or heal are a dime a dozen (Oral Roberts' 900 ft. Jesus says to send money!).

Bible: Text Preserved. No other book has faced as many efforts by its enemies to eliminate its existence. Yet the Bible text is the most accurately preserved of all ancient literature. God protects it (Isa. 40:8; 1 Pet. 1:25).
Faith Tale: Texts in Doubt. Pali texts written 300-500 years after Buddha lived (500 B.C.); earliest copies date A.D. 900. 3,911 changes were made in the 2nd edition of The Book of Mormon.

Bible: Many Other Evidences. The Bible record is consistent with all proven facts of history, geography, science, and archaeology.
Fairy Tale: Many Other Fallacies. The Book of Mormon contradicts facts of history, geography, science and archaeology. It claims to have been written in Reformed Egyptian; no such language existed.

Bible: Infallible, Inerrant. The Bible equips man fully unto salvation and service for God. It teaches error of no kind but reflects the perfect character of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
Fairy Tale: Full of Error. All other claims of divine inspiration, revelation and illumination reflect the fallible character of their authors.

Choose your fairy tales wisely.

Umkay

BrownArmy

Guy, you're into Christianity, great, bless you.

Know what bums the rest of us non-Christians out?

Your constant assertion that you're right and everyone else is going to hell.

So boring.

How many Buddhists do you ever see telling you you're wrong?

I love it that you found something you like, but get off the rest of our dks

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

So boring.

Christianity doesn't work very well if you can't tell everyone they're going to hell.

BrownFlush

So boring.

It amazes me that I'm on your dks.
Why is my statements and opinion "assertions that I'm right and everyone is going to hell"
My opinion must hit a nerve that other opinions don't.
Christianity must really bother you.
Please quote me where I "told somebody they were wrong"

Status
Not open for further replies.