Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
God is coming back

OK, I'll bite. When? All of the evangelicals I know are always saying "end of times". Believe however and whomever you want, but nobody can lay claim to the "right" answer. All religions see it their way, and everybody else is wrong, or their religion is to be disrespected.

Right now, it's the classic Islam Vs. Christianity match-up, where Jesus takes on Allah in a match-up carefully manipulated by the Religious Right to make sure we fear imminent Shariah law and hajib-wearing women.

To be fair, the Muslims I know are convinced the Jews will be overthrown and that Islam is the only truth. I can't think of one religion that tolerates the beliefs of others without malice.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
So we are living on save haven from DNA from the holy spirit ?
image.jpg
The-_Universe_Is_Alive.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I truly don't care what you believe. How about you using your own mind to debate me without using scripture? You say you have a Masters, so use your words, not someone else's. It always amuses me to see someone offer scripture instead of logic and reason.
You respond to a quote that was BrownArmyMan's. Ok
I didn't ask you to care what I believed.
If you want a debate, what is the proposition you would like to debate?
Without using scripture ? Again, this is a religion thread. I will use inspired words.
LOL. You infer that scripture offers no reason or logic. I'm more amused than you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You respond to a quote that was BrownArmyMan's. Ok
I didn't ask you to care what I believed.
If you want a debate, what is the proposition you would like to debate?
Without using scripture ? Again, this is a religion thread. I will use inspired words.
LOL. You infer that scripture offers no reason or logic. I'm more amused than you.

Answer a question put to you without quoting scripture. OK? Here are a few.

1. Is the Earth 6,000 years old?
2. Did dinosaurs co-exist with humans?
3. If God is omniscient, why do you need to worship Him? Doesn't he already know what's in your heart?
4. Where is Heaven?
5. Where is Hell?

BrownFlush

My point exactly. You're just spouting scripture, which is your truth, not mine. Thor says you are in trouble for not worshipping him and that he's sending Loki down to punish you. Debate me, and don't rely on scripture to make "arguments". Please tell me your graduate school wasn't all about theology.

Here's one for you. Why does an omniscient, all powerful God need worshipping anyway? He knows everything, so if you're a believer doesn't He (for you) already know that?
I don't spout.
My truth? I'm gonna go with God's truth since he wrote it.
Not yours? Ok. What's your point?
Sorry. In a religious debate, I would totally rely on scripture for the answers.
Theology? Nope. Just a plain old all American secular school.

Does God want to be worshiped? Yes . He commands and desires worship as only He has authorized.
Matt. 4:10 - " For it is written, " Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."
John 4: 23-24 - 23 " But an hour is coming and now is here , when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to worship Him , God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

(He knows everything, so if you're a believer doesn't He (for you) already know that?)
I don't get this one.
Yeah He knows if you are a believer but.. what are you asking?

BrownArmy

I don't spout.
Sorry. In a religious debate, I would totally rely on scripture for the answers.

Does God want to be worshiped? Yes . He commands and desires worship as only He has authorized.
Matt. 4:10 - " For it is written, " Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."
John 4: 23-24 - 23 " But an hour is coming and now is here , when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to worship Him , God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

(He knows everything, so if you're a believer doesn't He (for you) already know that?)
I don't get this one.

Soooo, you want a daddy?

Brown echo

OK, I'll bite. When? All of the evangelicals I know are always saying "end of times". Believe however and whomever you want, but nobody can lay claim to the "right" answer. All religions see it their way, and everybody else is wrong, or their religion is to be disrespected.

Right now, it's the classic Islam Vs. Christianity match-up, where Jesus takes on Allah in a match-up carefully manipulated by the Religious Right to make sure we fear imminent Shariah law and hajib-wearing women.

To be fair, the Muslims I know are convinced the Jews will be overthrown and that Islam is the only truth. I can't think of one religion that tolerates the beliefs of others without malice.
giphy.gif
...............Science is the true religion is the true consult faith healers, when you need medical attention , is the real miracles of the human mind. so are we are God?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't spout.

I don't get this one.

OK. So why would an all-powerful, all-knowing God require worship? In other words, God already knows if you believe or not, so what's the point? Also, isn't it kind of odd that He would even want worship. After all, He's God, and I don't think He needs that kind of adulation to be fulfilled. Why?

I really do think all religions are constructed around the fear that goes with the end of existence, and confusion about science and the universe. Religion makes the "answers" simple. You just pawn it off on God, Allah, or whoever your Supreme Being is and let them provide "answers".

Not judging. Just my opinion and observation of religious types.

Brown echo

tumblr_mwl4oyfyuH1rkvl19o1_400.gif

BrownFlush

Matthew 24:36- 39 --
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Jesus doesn't even know when He is coming back. Only the Father.
There will be no signs. It will be life as usual. Party on Garth.

vantexan

There is very little logic and reason in the Bible...in my opinion. All Holy Books suffer from the same problems. Faith trumps reason, logic, and facts, at least according to believers.

Did God create a self-regulating Earth Van? Why worship a God who already knows everything you think? Is the Earth 6,000 years old?

Fairy tales.
I struggle with these questions too. I believe differently than my minister father does. But I also know what a civilizing force Christianity is and was. I believe as humans we are much better with it than without it. And proof of that exists all around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.