Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
OK. So why would an all-powerful, all-knowing God require worship? In other words, God already knows if you believe or not, so what's the point? Also, isn't it kind of odd that He would even want worship. After all, He's God, and I don't think He needs that kind of adulation to be fulfilled. Why?

I really do think all religions are constructed around the fear that goes with the end of existence, and confusion about science and the universe. Religion makes the "answers" simple. You just pawn it off on God, Allah, or whoever your Supreme Being is and let them provide "answers".

Not judging. Just my opinion and observation of religious types.
From the looks of the limited amount of scripture already posted, it would appear he desires ( not to mention He commands it) to be worshiped because he wants to be honored, glorified , and exalted by those who love Him.
There has been a lot of talk about free will around here.. For one to choose to worship Him is a step in the direction of why He desires worship.

vantexan

giphy.gif
........Religion is a way of living ? been races is a Religion too is a way of living ?
Are you intoxicated?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I struggle with these questions too. I believe differently than my minister father does. But I also know what a civilizing force Christianity is and was. I believe as humans we are much better with it than without it. And proof of that exists all around me.

That works for me. And whatever works for you is fine. I just don't get it, and it isn't because I dismiss it out of hand.

BrownFlush

I really do think all religions are constructed around the fear that goes with the end of existence, and confusion about science and the universe.
Many but not all.
Religion makes the "answers" simple. You just pawn it off on God, Allah, or whoever your Supreme Being is and let them provide "answers".
For me, the scriptures answer the "simple minded".
"Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom ..." 1 Corinthians 1: 20 -21

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Matthew 24:36- 39 --
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Jesus doesn't even know when He is coming back. Only the Father.
There will be no signs. It will be life as usual. Party on Garth.
Gaia and Earth = Garth

BrownFlush

In other words, all is answered by scripture?
No..but " he has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness" -- 2 Peter 1:3
In a religion thread, probably wouldn't hurt to give a biblical answer.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

That explains why you are so drawn to them.
"Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven.... he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and he looked and, behold, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace.So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley..." Genesis 19: 23-24 ; 28-29
<<><><>
"if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly" -- 2 Peter 2:6
<><>
So..so simple. What mind couldn't understand it?

El Correcto

god is dead
"Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven.... he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah and toward all the land of the valley, and he looked and, behold, the smoke of the land went up like the smoke of a furnace.So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley..." Genesis 19: 23-24 ; 28-29
<<><><>
"if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly" -- 2 Peter 2:6
<><>
So..so simple. What mind couldn't understand it?
To be honest I don’t blame god. If some men cornered my little angel and tried to rape him I’d rain down some judgement on their :censored2: as well.

Seems like an anti rape story to me..

BrownFlush

To be honest I don’t blame god. If some men cornered my little angel and tried to rape him I’d rain down some judgement on their :censored2: as well.

Seems like an anti rape story to me..
Wonder why it SEEMS that way to you...let's see...what could it be... oh yeah.. you're a homosexual.
" All day long they twist my words..." -- Psalm 56: 5

El Correcto

god is dead
Wonder why it SEEMS that way to you...let's see...what could it be... oh yeah.. you're a homosexual.
" All day long they twist my words..." -- Psalm 56: 5
I kind of understand where you are coming from now. Your peoples believe gay men are angel rapists. I’d be upset at gays to and comparing them to pedophiles and murderers if I was dumb enough to believe that dribble.

BrownFlush

Your peoples believe gay men are angel rapists.
I don't know who ''your peoples'' are but, the homosexual men never touched the angels. They were blinded so that wouldn't happen and then torched.
and comparing them to pedophiles and murderers if I was dumb enough to believe that dribble.
You're definitely dumb enough. Your continued blindness ( no pun intended )to the point of that argument verifies that.

bacha29

The previous comments simply serve to reaffirm the same simple fact. You can take any writings or combination of writings from any religious book any "bible" any version of said bible and use it to support any point of view you want . Why not be stand up guys and not rely on what some other guy said hundreds of years ago? There are two types of people in the world. People of faith and people of religion. People of faith can think for themselves. People of religion want somebody to do that for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.