Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Scripture: "He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost"

Brownflush: "Jesus never baptized anyone"
Read the text. smh I posted the verses..( The Father sent the Holy Ghost in the NAME OF JESUS or by his authority to do what the Holy Spirit was to do for the gospel) That is how Jesus baptized those in the Holy Ghost.
I can post more, but if you're not going to read the ones that help you understand or ask questions for discussion and debate instead of impugn motives, deny, make light of, nobody learns anything really. The Bible really can speak for itself.
" My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" - Hosea 4:6 Hunger and thirst after righteousness (things that are right) . It's better for the discussion.
How will Jesus baptize them in the Holy Ghost? By sending Him(The Holy Ghost). Holy Ghost baptism is called Holy Ghost because, let's see, I'm gonna go with because it is the Holy Ghost that is doing this particular kind of baptism.
The Holy Ghost came and did what He did because Jesus sent Him.
Hope this answered it for you.

Last edited:
Read the text. smh I posted the verses, .
I can post more, but if you're not going to read the ones that help you understand.
How will Jesus baptize them in the Holy Ghost? By sending Him(The Holy Ghost) Holy Ghost baptism is called Holy Ghost because, let's see, I'm gonna go with because it is His (HG)baptism.
Jesus sent the Holy Ghost.
I really don't care to argue with you. That's all you're looking to do

Non sequitur

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth the lord Jesus & believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Good works are great, baptism is great but the only thing that will save you is the sacrifice of Jesus. He paid the debt that you could never repay.
I've seen many get baptized who no longer believe. It's an obedience action that should be taken, but it doesn't save your soul.
God doesn't interfere with free will. Grace is always incoming but man can choose sin. To be in someone's "good graces" means to be in friendship with them. You can break off friendships at anytime. Here is a list of no's. Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God” (I Cor. 6:9-10). Your life isn't static, it's dynamic. You are not God you rely on God. Most of the letters the evangelists wrote to their flocks were warnings to remember what they were taught and return to righteousness.

BrownFlush

I really don't care to argue with you. That's all you're looking to do
Not at all.
Argue? Where?
When one makes a claim about the Bible, and scripture is provided to either affirm or disagree , and you see nothing , no scripture or comment can response , just personal attacks for the evidence produced. That speaks volumes.
Don't confuse argue with disagree. If you can't answer a Bible question with scripture that is provided, that's neither argue or disagree.
It's, I'm gonna stick with what I want believe even though I have no scripture to back it and just attack the poster because I don't like the position I'm in.
I just want to know what the Will of God actually is. Eternity is a long time.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

God doesn't interfere with free will. Grace is always incoming but man can choose sin. To be in someone's "good graces" means to be in friendship with them. You can break off friendships at anytime. Here is a list of no's. Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God” (I Cor. 6:9-10). Your life isn't static, it's dynamic. You are not God you rely on God. Most of the letters the evangelists wrote to their flocks were warnings to remember what they were taught and return to righteousness.
The next verse explains when that grace was applied in their life.
And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Cor. 6:11
Such were some of you.. is repentance. Washing is baptism. The same thing Peter said to thousands they must do, Acts 2

That grace from God is found in Jesus Christ and only in Jesus Christ.
"give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus"--1Cor. 1:4

And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Cor. 6:11
Such were some of you.. is repentance. Washing is baptism. The same thing Peter said to thousands they must do, Acts 2

"give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus"--1Cor. 1:4
Dude you worship your brain you don't worship God.

BrownFlush

You mean like the personal attacks you throw at correcto for his sin?
Atta Boy.
You're ok now. Anything you want to believe will be fine with God. smh
You know nothing about the hateful homo and our background.
But, it doesn't matter. Have a good one.
But, if you ever have a bible question, one that deals with the will of God, I'll do my best to give you an answer from the Bible.

Atta Boy.
You're ok now. Anything you want to believe will be fine with God. smh
You know nothing about the hateful homo and our background.
But, it doesn't matter. Have a good one.
But, if you ever have a bible question, one that deals with the will of God, I'll do my best to give you an answer from the Bible.
Jesus said to turn the other cheek. But I'm sure you know better.

BrownFlush

Dude you worship your brain you don't worship God.
Does God explain in the scripture how he wants to be worshiped? What are the elements of worship?
Jesus said, "Those that worship him MUST worship Him in spirit and truth?" Do you know what that is?
Jesus said "In vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men."
Do you know what vain worship is? Do you know what you could offer God in worship that he would consider vain?

You're in bad shape.
Believe what you want. Do what you want.
I don't remember you dying on a cross for my sins.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43‭-‬48 ESV

Non sequitur

I don't remember you dying on a cross for my sins.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43‭-‬48 ESV

Powerful

Corrector seems like an honest man (presumptuous)? True love dictates that you admonish the sinner. Obviously in private and from a mutual struggle, we are all conceived in sin, personal witness.
This guy is throwing stones and justifying because we don't know the history of them two.

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”
John 8:7 ESV

If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:10 ESV

FromOffTheStreets

If you feel like challenging yourself you can read through this blog post about COC "false doctrine". It may not change your mind but it might open it a little bit.

I was raised pentecostal which is def worse than COC, but I allowed my beliefs to be challenged & moved away from it.

BrownFlush

If you feel like challenging yourself you can read through this blog post about COC "false doctrine". It may not change your mind but it might open it a little bit.

I was raised pentecostal which is def worse than COC, but I allowed my beliefs to be challenged & moved away from it.
I have been on that site. Thanks.
Addressing Mark 16:16 and the content that is in the article you posted:
If one does not believe he is not a candidate for baptism. A waste of time to say is baptized not. If one doesn't believe the gospel being preached, he is not going to respond by being baptized. It goes without saying, and that says why it wasn't said.
When the Holy Spirit revealed the mind of God through inspired men, he used words, but He didn't waste words. Every time I read a text, any text, it seems no matter how many times before, I get something I never seen before out of it.
In that verse, "and" is a conjunction that joins belief and baptism to equal salvation. This is the gospel that was preached by the apostles. That Jesus commanded them to preach. It was the same for everyone. All kinds of examples.
Someone broke that verse down for me once . Helped me to see it.
That verse
Belief (1)
and (plus)
Baptism (2)
equals = Salvation (3)
That verse is saying this...1+ 2=3

The post is trying to make it say this:
1+0 = 3
This isn't what it says.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Jesus never baptized anyone. With or without water.
You are not able to follow His example.
Jesus promised to send the Comforter, The Holy Spirit. This is what John is talking about.
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (Jn. 16:13). The apostles would be without a Comforter when Jesus departed, but they would receive another Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to be with them. His mission would be to supply the needs of the apostles in carrying out the great commission given by Jesus.
That baptism(Holy Ghost) baptism happened two times and only two times for specific and distinct purpose.
1) Pentecost.The fulfillment of what John prophesied took place in Acts 2. This "baptism" gave the 12 the ability/power to miraculously speak a foreign language . The purpose was so those gathered there for Pentecost could here the Gospel message being spoken by Peter in their own language. Baptism of the Holy Spirit was simply miraculous power that was promised by Jesus.
2) Acts. 10. This (baptism) power/miraculous ability was given to Cornelius before his conversation to show Peter that the Gentiles were worthy to hear the gospel and be in the kingdom equal with the Jews.

Jesus was baptized in water by John to "fulfill all scripture".
Obedience in water baptism in the New Testament is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. It is the "one" baptism Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4:4.

Is this the counter ? Do you not have anything to the passages that I quoted?
Be glad to discuss the HS but you have nothing?
You think those passages quoted in #5,098 is HS baptism? Seriously?
Nope, just demonstrating that Holy Scripture can be abused to support both our opposing viewpoints.

And you are aware, aren’t you, that many scholars contend that not all of the Bible is Holy Scripture. Understanding The Difference Between Scripture and The Bible (Part 1)

Matthew 23, Jesus decries the legalistic burdens placed on the faithful, hindering their relationship with God.

Matt 11:28-30 doesn’t require a baptism of water, either. Baptism is an outward sign of repentance, and is valuable, but not intended as a barricade to heaven.

You are entitled to believe that God has placed obstacle after obstacle in your path to heaven, so you do you. As for my(baptized)self, I will continue to entrust Jesus with personally guiding my life and salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.