Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Unanswered questions that are @Fred's Myth
Baptism in water is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. The passages have been provided. Again.

How many scriptures would you like that shows baptism is immersion? A complete burial in water?
Does God consider homosexuality a sin ?
What washed away his sin in Acts 22:16 ?
Did he have sin that needed taken care of prior to his baptism?
What, when, or where was his sin taken care of in his conversion if not in this act of obedience ?
If the Eunuch was saved at the point of belief, why stop the chariot? (To be baptized in WATER.)

Last edited:

FromOffTheStreets

Are these just talking about the writers or do they apply to us as well?

Psalm 139
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Ephesians 1:3-6
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

FromOffTheStreets

Put forth a particular teaching/position/passage, held by pre-mill , one at a time, and I will try and answer why it cannot be true.
I think it's less confusing and more beneficial to those reading. Easier to follow.
Just to finish off this subject. This is why people believe in pre mil.

oldngray

nowhere special

You can argue for several viewpoints and support with scripture but I think amillenialls have the weakest arguments. I think most who support it do so because that is what they heard in their church when growing up.

Pointless issue to fight about. When we do learn the details it won't matter.

floridays

So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some WATER. And the eunuch said, “See, here is WATER. What hinders me from being baptized?”

Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the WATER, and he baptized him. Now when they came up out of the WATER, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:34-38

As an added bonus, how about a thought question: If the Eunuch was saved at the point of belief, why stop the chariot?
Nice dodge

This was the verse I asked you to highlight the word water.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Please highlight the word water

BrownFlush

One of the key verses that pre-mill misses is in Matt. 24:34
Much, but not all the language in Matt 24 is figurative and it represents judgement, notice.."Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place" What ever is in Matt 24 up to V34 has already happenened. That generation Jesus was talking to seen it happen. What they seen was the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. Judgement because they rejected the Christ.
A key to understanding Matt. 24 is looking at the questions asked by the disciples in V3. They were asking 2 different questions but didn't even know it. They thought if the temple was destroyed, it had to be the end of the world.
Jesus begins to answer in V35 about the end of the world and how things will be, before that, he is talking about Jerusalem's destruction.
Read it and notice the difference. Warning after warning. Instruction what to do. Sign after sign. When you see these things. Drop everything. Flee to the mountains.
Then after V34..There won't be any warning ...When the Son of Man comes it will be just like the days of Noah..party on Garth..No sign given..Paul says like a thief in the night....
Two questions...two answers

BrownFlush

Nice dodge

This was the verse I asked you to highlight the word water.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Please highlight the word water
No dodge. You can't read.
The word water is inferred. Why? Because baptism in WATER is the the only baptism in the New Testament that is FOR the remission of sins. Which is exactly what Peter said to do and the reason to do it.
Repent and be baptized( Holy Ghost baptism) is not there. That happened earlier in the chapter. The promise made by Jesus to the Apostles and only the Apostles being fulfilled..It happens one more time in Acts 10 (Baptism) (Given power) by the HS.

This baptism (Acts 2)is the same as Cornelius( Acts 10) The Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8)Sauls baptism (Acts 22) The Jailer and his household(Acts 16). I suggest you read those passages. What they did is no different than different than 3000 people did in Acts 2 for the remission of their sins. They were baptized in water.

BrownFlush

Nice dodge
Did somebody say dodge?
I'll ask again for the scripture and ask you to highlight the word WATER
Uh -oh
So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some WATER. And the eunuch said, “See, here is WATER. What hinders me from being baptized?”

So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the WATER, and he baptized him. Now when they came up out of the WATER, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:34-38

As an added bonus, how about a thought question: If the Eunuch was saved at the point of belief, why stop the chariot?

BrownFlush

I didn't ask for your commentary
I simply asked you to highlight the word water
I'll try again
The literal word water is not in the verse.

Water baptism is inferred. You have shown you do not have the ability to know what that is.
I'll try again.
Why is the baptism in Acts 2:38 water? Because Peter said it was" for the remission of sins."
Baptism "for the remission of sins" through out the NT was done with water.
No other element was used "for the remission of sins" in the NT in any example.
No other baptism (Holy Ghost, Suffering, Red Sea) was or is "for the remission of sins."
Water baptism in the NT was "for the remission of sins."

floridays

Water baptism is inferred. You have shown you do not have the ability to know what that is.
I'll try again.
Why is the baptism in Acts 2:38 water? Because Peter said it was" for the remission of sins."
Baptism "for the remission of sins" through out the NT was done with water.
No other element was used "for the remission of sins" in the NT in any example.
No other baptism (Holy Ghost, Suffering, Red Sea) was or is "for the remission of sins."
Water baptism in the NT was "for the remission of sins."
Thank you. Finally.

BrownFlush

Thank you. Finally.
I think that was the third time I gave the same answer. You're right. Finally.

Answer this...

Last edited:

BrownFlush

To be baptized and identify himself as a believer, it certainly wasn't to have his sins washed away.
So he was saved at the point of faith (After Phillip talked to him) and the he sees water and his question is "Why can't I be baptized ?
Philip says he can if he answers the question of Jesus' diety.
He answers to the positive.
Phillip says, "What's the rush? Catch you later. All you have to do is believe. Hit the water later. I gotta roll."
Nope. "Stop this Chariot!
The very question that the eunuch asks and the urgency to be baptized reveals what Phillip taught him as they rode along in the chariot. Water baptism is "for the remission of sins." It is not for the saved. It is for the lost.
It was not "Faith only" salvation.

BrownFlush

To be baptized and identify himself as a believer, it certainly wasn't to have his sins washed away.
Did Saul have his sins "washed away" in this verse ?
"And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized, and wash your sins away, calling on His name.’' -Acts 22:16

Status
Not open for further replies.