Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I thought my other questions were plain, you just don't like them.
I'm waiting for the highlighted text from Acts 2:38, scripture does not infer.

So a greasy sinner like me has to trust a likely pervert like you to dunk me in the water to wash away my sins?

The question:
Is it possible that once the Gospel is preached and a person believes, simultaneously he is baptized into Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in that person and he is born again, a new creation?

Is that possible? Or do I need a self-righteous pervert like you to dunk me under the water?
4 question marks

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Those verses clearly aren't saying Noah and family were baptized. Here's where I believe you're going wrong. You believe only belief in Jesus as the Son of God is necessary for salvation. I believe that belief means obeying all that we're commanded to do and we'll be judged on our compliance with those commands as well as our sincerity in our hearts in our belief. It's not earning salvation, it's being obedient, submitting to God's will and being faithful to the Christian life. And because we are weak, sinful creatures we ask for forgiveness when we fail. You say we can't fail no matter what we do. The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:27 that he kept control of his body and brought it into subjection lest while preaching to others he himself should be a castaway. If an Apostle of Christ can lose his soul then we certainly can. It's my soul that's at stake in my life so I'm going to try to live the Christian life. And I'm not perfect by any stretch.
The contested contention is whether Baptism MUST be by water, nevermind immersion, pouring, or sprinkling. @BrownFlush contends the way HE was instructed by the Scripture is the only way, even if he can't provide the Scripture that states, unequivocally, his position.

floridays

The contested contention is whether Baptism MUST be by water, nevermind immersion, pouring, or sprinkling. @BrownFlush contends the way HE was instructed by the Scripture is the only way, even if he can't provide the Scripture that states, unequivocally, his position.
Fred, I contend it is a baptism not by hands.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Neither is two consenting adults marrying, that’s why you people always stoop to pedophiles(which you condone as long as they are straight) and beastality.

There is nothing wrong with gay couples receiving recognition straight couples do.

Wah wah procreation, wah wah muh religion, are not excuses for making people unequal under law.
Personally, I believe marriage historically was formed as a union between a man and a woman. I do not object to a legal bond between same sex couples that is equivalent to marriage. Usurping the word is the problem I have.

BrownFlush

Baptism in water is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. The passages have been provided. Again.
The word water is inferred. Why? Because baptism in WATER is the the only baptism in the New Testament that is FOR the remission of sins. Which is exactly what Peter said to do and the reason to do it.
Repent and be baptized( Holy Ghost baptism) is not there. That happened earlier in the chapter. The promise made by Jesus to the Apostles and only the Apostles being fulfilled..It happens one more time in Acts 10 (Baptism) (Given power) by the HS.

This baptism (Acts 2)is the same as Cornelius( Acts 10) The Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8)Sauls baptism (Acts 22) The Jailer and his household(Acts 16). I suggest you read those passages. What they did is no different than different than 3000 people did in Acts 2 for the remission of their sins. They were baptized in water.
How many scriptures would you like that shows baptism is immersion? A complete burial in water?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I posted 1 Peter 3:21. You included 3:20. But if that gives you clarity then yes Noah and family were saved when they complied with God's will. They already believed in God but he required they build an ark. And they were saved. And Peter went on to say that baptism does also now save us. If you disagree you'll have to take it up with him. I didn't say it, he did.
Don't overlook words in Scripture, they might have meaning.

BrownFlush

I know I've got you.
You wouldn't pass the opportunity to set me straight if you could.
I love to.
But, I honestly don't know the question.

The riddler continues to do the stupid dance.
He's got me now. I'm cornered. No way out.
Wait. What was the question again?

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Baptism in water is the only baptism that is for the remission of sins. The passages have been provided. Again.

How many scriptures would you like that shows baptism is immersion? A complete burial in water?
NONE of the verses you provided said ONLY water, ONLY baptism, ONLY immersion.

That is YOUR interpretation.

BrownFlush

NONE of the verses you provided said ONLY water, ONLY baptism, ONLY immersion.

That is YOUR interpretation.
When the Eunuch said "See here is water, what hinders me from being baptized? Wonder what Phillip had taught him concerning water baptism?
When they both went "down into the water" that's immersion. No pouring or sprinkling going on.
That's one example . Want more?
Read the passages.
By the way, the capital letters makes you look weak when you're wrong.

BrownFlush

Personally, I believe marriage historically was formed as a union between a man and a woman. I do not object to a legal bond between same sex couples that is equivalent to marriage. Usurping the word is the problem I have.
Historically ?
Legal bond ,same sex couples?

Does God consider homosexuality a sin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.