Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The question is on the board.
Is this it?
Is it possible that once the Gospel is preached and a person believes, simultaneously he is baptized into Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in that person and he is born again, a new creation?
1) Your question infers belief only is the gospel. That's another gospel not found in the NT.
2) Baptism in Jesus requires water. Scriptures have been provided.
3) It sound like you are trying to say in your question that the instant one believes, the Holy Spirit takes residence in you.
Acts 2:38 says that gift was after they believed, repented and were baptized . Nothing simultaneously about it.
4) and you are born again.
This is totally contrary to anything in scripture.
The new birth (born again) requires both water and spirit (John 3:5)
5) One is not a new creation until he is in Christ. Obedience to the gospel puts one in Christ. Not a metal accent of "I beleve in Jesus."

Last edited:

floridays

You tell me. In every example of Christian conversion they were baptized and baptism was immersion in water.
I don't see water mentioned.
Baptism is required, the question is when one was baptized and by whom. What is the element and who is the baptizer?

Back to Ephesians 4:5, there is one baptism, the others are a picture. What is the baptism?

I say water baptism is only a picture of the one baptism, it is an act of identifying oneself with the risen Savior, Jesus.

An example,

Colossians 2:11​

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:”

floridays

1) Your question infers belief only is the gospel. That's another gospel not found in the NT.
No inference was made.
I didn't share the gospel.

The gospel is the gospel. What one does with it after hearing it is their decision.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

floridays

3) It sound like you are trying to say in your question that the instant one believes, the Holy Spirit takes residence in you.
Acts 2:38 says that gift was after they believed, repented and were baptized . Nothing simultaneously about it.
All three could happen in the same instance, it in fact does when one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.

I've always found if I had to do something to attain a "gift", it wasn't a gift, that is called a payment.

vantexan

I don't see water mentioned.
Baptism is required, the question is when one was baptized and by whom. What is the element and who is the baptizer?

Back to Ephesians 4:5, there is one baptism, the others are a picture. What is the baptism?

I say water baptism is only a picture of the one baptism, it is an act of identifying oneself with the risen Savior, Jesus.

An example,

Colossians 2:11​

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:”
Look at Acts 2:38-41; Acts 8:37; Acts 16:33; Acts 18:8; Acts 8:12. By the way the word baptize is what's known as a transliteration. When the King James Version was translated from the Greek they took the Greek word baptisos if I remember the spelling correctly, which means to immerse, and made the English baptize from it.

floridays

I was born the first time in my mothers womb, in water. I was born alive but spiritually dead
I was born of the spirit when I heard the gospel and trusted Him for my salvation.

I was baptized in water to identify as a believer in my Savior Jesus.
Jesus is Lord and King

The blood of Jesus washed away my sin, not being dunked in some dank baptismal, a rolling river or peaceful lake, by hopefully a redeemed sinner.

floridays

Look at Acts 2:38-41; Acts 8:37; Acts 16:33; Acts 18:8; Acts 8:12. By the way the word baptize is what's known as a transliteration. When the King James Version was translated from the Greek they took the Greek word baptisos if I remember the spelling correctly, which means to immerse, and made the English baptize from it.
Well and good, what is the one baptism?

vantexan

I was born the first time in my mothers womb, in water. I was born alive but spititually dead
I was born of the spirit when I heard the gospel and trusted Him for my salvation.

Jesus is Lord and King

The blood of Jesus washed away my sin, not being dunked in some dank baptismal, a rolling river or peaceful lake, by hopefully a redeemed sinner.
And sincerely believe you can get drunk or screw around because no matter what you do you're saved. You might want to examine the Bible a bit closer. And I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

floridays

And sincerely believe you can get drunk or screw around because no matter what you do you're saved. You might want to examine the Bible a bit closer. And I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.
I understand exactly what you say.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Don't think I haven't, And I do understand your sincerity.

Screw around, now that is funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BrownFlush

Is it possible that once the Gospel is preached and a person believes, simultaneously he is baptized into Jesus, the Holy Spirit takes residence in that person and he is born again, a new creation?
Answer:
2) Baptism in Jesus requires water. Scriptures have been provided.
5) One is not a new creation until he is in Christ. Obedience to the gospel puts one in Christ. Not a metal accent of "I beleve in Jesus."
No inference was made.
Then you don't know what inference is.
I didn't share the gospel.
That's for sure.
The gospel is the gospel.
Not true. Paul warned of "other gospels" being preached in Gal. 1
What one does with it after hearing it is their decision.
If you do what you have done and try to tell someone in a statement it looks like this:
A question that is about as far from the gospel that is taught in the NT as you can get. What a mess.
All three could happen in the same instance, it in fact does when one believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Sorry. Nothing like this is found in the NT.
I've always found if I had to do something to attain a "gift", it wasn't a gift, that is called a payment.
Air is a gift. You have to breathe to get it.
I was born the first time in my mothers womb
I'm not sure if this is where you came from.
I was born the first time in my mothers womb, in water. I was born alive but spiritually dead
These statements are a perversion of John 3: 5 as well as others passages that have been mentioned.
Jesus is Lord and King
Second that.
The blood of Jesus washed away my sin,
According to what the scriptures teach, and what you said you did, you never came close to the blood of Jesus. According to scripture , you are lost in your sin.

BrownFlush

I'll ask again for the scripture and ask you to highlight the word WATER

So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some WATER. And the eunuch said, “See, here is WATER. What hinders me from being baptized?”

Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the WATER, and he baptized him. Now when they came up out of the WATER, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:34-38

As an added bonus, how about a thought question: If the Eunuch was saved at the point of belief, why stop the chariot?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

You are a bossy little priss.
You think?
The long response @ #5633 is because of you.
When you ask one question and try to keep it as biblical as possible, the response is easier to see.And discussion is possible. But, as always seen by you, that's not what you want or the motive you have.
When you inject your weak attempts to sound smart, it just makes you look more ignorant. Then you ice it by going full stumpy riddler.
And I thought I was full of myself.
No. You're full of something else.

@Dum preloader why do you go to a local church?

i dont really listen to local economists bc theyre not the best
My church actually isn't so local. It's about a 25 minute highway drive. We tried local churches but they're weren't vibing with us well. One demanded we wear masks on entry, and at another the pastors wife grilled my girlfriend and asked her for her testimony when she was just beginning to come to Christ.

I prayed to God and asked for a church that was biblically sound, humble, and had a welcoming environment. A church that was just happy you showed up.

I was loading in a trailer one day at ups and an older man came into my trailer to help get the light out and we just talked casually. I was inching towards witnessing to him in our conversation but he was actually agreeing with my small talk. I eventually just came out and said "you love Jesus don't you". He turned around with a big smile and said "I am a Christian".

We talked from there. I asked him about his Church and he brought me a brochure type thing one day and said "now we aren't professional but we would love for you to come".

I put the address into Google maps one Sunday morning and discovered the man i had been talking to all along was a full time pastor at this church. He never told me! Haha, what a humble guy. It's awesome how God can work in someone's life. Anyway, thanks for reading.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7 NKJV

And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
Acts 22:16 NKJV

For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Romans 10:13 NKJV

BrownFlush

And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
Acts 22:16 NKJV

For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Romans 10:13 NKJV
Good job.
You just showed in the Bible how one calls on the Lord.
Obedience to His will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.