Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you kidding?
No, I am not kidding
You absolutely said that while we might find depictions of graphic sex objectionable other parents may not.
I did say this but not what you said in your previous post.

In my opinion you should be more careful when referencing what is said.

I think I have advised you in the past of this but I will try again.

I think you would benefit greatly if you utilized the quote feature when quoting someone.

Peace

☮️

vantexan

No, I am not kidding

I think you would benefit greatly if you utilized the quote feature when quoting someone.

Peace

☮️
I pointed out you said the above. You said you never said it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I pointed out you said the above. You said you never said it.
No I didn’t.

See below: please follow carefully, see bold and underlined portion I added for emphasis.

You said, I said.

As long as you have moral ambivalence, as in we must not remove objectionable material from school libraries because some parents might be ok with it, then you aren't living as God wants us to as Christians. There's a saying, may not have it quite right, but it goes something like this: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
This is what I said that I never said.

vantexan

No, I am not kidding

Peace

☮️
We had a discussion about removing objectionable material from school libraries that depicted graphic sex acts. You said you weren't going to participate in book burning ideology. You said while we might find graphic portrayals of sex acts found in books objectionable other parents may not. And you said who is going to determine what is objectionable? This is moral ambivalence. Jesus drove the money changers and merchants from the temple. No ambiguity. You can't be pleasing to God being a milquetoast about sin. Any sex outside of a union between husband and wife in marriage is wrong. The realities of the world is people are going to engage in sex. It's a free country. That's between them and God. But we should protect the innocence of children as much as possible in an internet world. And should never concede an inch to those who would sexualize children. They'll have enough to struggle with once they reach puberty.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We had a discussion about removing objectionable material from school libraries that depicted graphic sex acts.
Yes.
You said you weren't going to participate in book burning ideology.
I believe my word was support not participate but close enough. Yes.
You said while we might find graphic portrayals of sex acts found in books objectionable other parents may not.
Yes
And you said who is going to determine what is objectionable?
I think I added You? after the word objectionable in my previous post .
This is moral ambivalence.
I disagree. We live in a free society with self governing process that must be followed. Generally speaking the school board has the final say. State your objections as strong or as weak as you like and then accept the decision of the board.
Jesus drove the money changers and merchants from the temple. No ambiguity.
In my opinion this not relevant to a secular governing decision in a self-governing free society.
You can't be pleasing to God being a milquetoast about sin.
I believe God so loves the world.
Any sex outside of a union between husband and wife in marriage is wrong. The realities of the world is people are going to engage in sex. It's a free country. That's between them and God. But we should protect the innocence of children as much as possible in an internet world. And should never concede an inch to those who would sexualize children. They'll have enough to struggle with once they reach puberty.
I believe parents should make whatever sacrifices they need to fulfill their responsibilities to the ultimate earthly protectors of their children.

vantexan

Yes.

I believe my word was support not participate but close enough. Yes.

Yes

I think I added You? after the word objectionable in my previous post .

I disagree. We live in a free society with self governing process that must be followed. Generally speaking the school board has the final say. State your objections as strong or as weak as you like and then accept the decision of the board.

In my opinion this not relevant to a secular governing decision in a self-governing free society.

I believe God so loves the world.

I believe parents should make whatever sacrifices they need to fulfill their responsibilities to the ultimate earthly protectors of their children.
And you said you didn't think protesting at the school board was the best way to go about things. This after I pointed out the DOJ was requested to designate parents who objected to teaching CRT and sexual materials in school libraries as domestic terrorists. You were essentially saying the parents shouldn't have been there protesting.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And you said you didn't think protesting at the school board was the best way to go about things.
That is not what I would do.

Is a school board meeting a place for protest? I am not sure. I guess it depends.
This after I pointed out the DOJ was requested to designate parents who objected to teaching CRT and sexual materials in school libraries as domestic terrorists.
You never gave the specifics to this.
You were essentially saying the parents shouldn't have been there protesting.
Never said that. I said something along the lines of , in my opinion I wouldn’t think it would be the most effective plan to facilitate change.

vantexan

That is not what I would do.

Is a school board meeting a place for protest? I am not sure. I guess it depends.

You never gave the specifics to this.

Never said that. I said something along the lines of , in my opinion I wouldn’t think it would be the most effective plan to facilitate change.
You need to follow the news better. And yes, people are given the right to address their local school boards at school board meetings. Many on school boards got angry because what they were doing became public knowledge with these parents bringing it up at their meetings. The public outcry was such that the National School Board Association requested the Attorney General, Merrick Garland, designate these parents as domestic terrorists to squelch further dissent. When that DOJ memo was leaked Garland faced a lot of questioning from Congress. Became a political albatross for him. This is what happens when people use their Constitutional rights to address their concerns. We aren't in China, but if some have their way where the government would go after you like this current administration has done where the FBI has shown up at residences armed to the teeth over literally nothing, then we're definitely on the road to losing our freedom. And moral ambivalence is a surefire way to get us there.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Passive-aggressive is a type of behavior that is exhibited when someone tries to get back at another person indirectly.
People who use passive aggression often do so because they’re not comfortable with being direct and honest.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You seem pretty certain.
Prove me wrong.
You need to follow the news better. And yes, people are given the right to address their local school boards at school board meetings. Many on school boards got angry because what they were doing became public knowledge with these parents bringing it up at their meetings. The public outcry was such that the National School Board Association requested the Attorney General, Merrick Garland, designate these parents as domestic terrorists to squelch further dissent. When that DOJ memo was leaked Garland faced a lot of questioning from Congress. Became a political albatross for him. This is what happens when people use their Constitutional rights to address their concerns. We aren't in China, but if some have their way where the government would go after you like this current administration has done where the FBI has shown up at residences armed to the teeth over literally nothing, then we're definitely on the road to losing our freedom. And moral ambivalence is a surefire way to get us there.
What you and your Right Wing friends want is a Christian country governed by Christian standards of morality. In essence, a Christian theocracy where non-Christian values are not tolerated. Hey, guess what? Maybe, I DO want textbooks to be historically accurate, the accomplishments of LGBTQ and other minorities acknowledged, and maybe MY God has 4 heads, flies around in a UFO, and has a husband. That's what "Freedom of Religion" means, but not to you. In AR-15 Jesus World, there is only 1 "god" and everybody has to abide by YOUR rules and YOUR standards. Maybe, I'm OK with my kid being exposed to "dangerous" books and learning about sex before they do something stupid. Maybe a book about gay penguins is just fine because evil science has proven that homosexuality is actually common in the animal world (we are animals too BTW). Maybe some of us want SCIENCE to be taught without the taint of creationism hanging over reality, but, no, we all have to think and behave according to your puritanical standards. And you're too ignorant to see your own glaring hypocrisy.

Banning and burning books is fine, gutting liberal colleges and installing GOP Far Right stooges to leadership posts is fine, and making-up Biblical justifications for changing our laws is OK too. Adolf Hitler (a fine Christian) would be so proud you are performing his work for him and supporting a clearly non-Christian man to be the dictatorial leader of the new United States of Christ.

Thebrownblob

Prove me wrong.

What you and your Right Wing friends want is a Christian country governed by Christian standards of morality. In essence, a Christian theocracy where non-Christian values are not tolerated. Hey, guess what? Maybe, I DO want textbooks to be historically accurate, the accomplishments of LGBTQ and other minorities acknowledged, and maybe MY God has 4 heads, flies around in a UFO, and has a husband. That's what "Freedom of Religion" means, but not to you. In AR-15 Jesus World, there is only 1 "god" and everybody has to abide by YOUR rules and YOUR standards. Maybe, I'm OK with my kid being exposed to "dangerous" books and learning about sex before they do something stupid. Maybe a book about gay penguins is just fine because evil science has proven that homosexuality is actually common in the animal world (we are animals too BTW). Maybe some of us want SCIENCE to be taught without the taint of creationism hanging over reality, but, no, we all have to think and behave according to your puritanical standards. And you're too ignorant to see your own glaring hypocrisy.

Banning and burning books is fine, gutting liberal colleges and installing GOP Far Right stooges to leadership posts is fine, and making-up Biblical justifications for changing our laws is OK too. Adolf Hitler (a fine Christian) would be so proud you are performing his work for him and supporting a clearly non-Christian man to be the dictatorial leader of the new United States of Christ.
1680005768690.gif

vantexan

Prove me wrong.

Do you feel better now? I may not agree with some things that go on in the world, but as adults in this country you do have the right to participate in those things as long as you aren't hurting others doing so. But I don't think the world will be a better place exposing children to adult ideas, especially prepubescent children. And being exposed to those ideas is exactly what's going on because folks like you believe you'll get the world you want if you start early enough with the kids. The only thing you'll get is a much coarser world where young men see young women as the sum of their body parts. Where worshipping sex is prized above all else. Not science, not literature, not a better society, but just satisfying lusts and taking through brute strength. That's the path you're on, where decadence is worshipped as your god, not achieving a better world through selfless love. Adolf Hitler was a prime example of the world Christians are trying to avoid, and through your seething hatred is a world that's likely to come about. And sadly if and when it happens people like you will put it on Christians because you never take responsibility for the hate you spread. The decadence you pine for.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Prove me wrong.

@MrFedEx

As you probably know I am a firm believer in God. I believe in Jesus and His sacrifice. And I also believe in the Holy Spirit of God.

I love the Bible, but I don’t believe in limiting God in anyway to any religion or religious writings, practices or traditions. I do love many things of religion, religious writings, practices and traditions. I believe God works primarily through the life of the spirit and not of the flesh or earthly, visible things. I do believe God is real, and God is alive and active in His creation.

I wanted to say all of this before I told you how much I respect your right to your point of view and I think I can understand where you are coming from.

I believe in religious/spiritual tolerance to a fault and I firmly believe in a free society and in a free society there is no place for an established religion even if it is the religion of my conscience and choice,

I also believe in the importance of self-governance and the will of the people. I think the religious, and IMO the followers of Jesus should submit to the will of the people that is revealed through the imperfect processes of self-governance. I believe in participating in the process and when the results are in, our attitude should accept the results as God’s will , even when we don’t get our way.

I really appreciate your post.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

@MrFedEx

As you probably know I am a firm believer in God. I believe in Jesus and His sacrifice. And I also believe in the Holy Spirit of God.

I love the Bible, but I don’t believe in limiting God in anyway to any religion or religious writings, practices or traditions. I do love many things of religion, religious writings, practices and traditions. I believe God works primarily through the life of the spirit and not of the flesh or earthly, visible things. I do believe God is real, and God is alive and active in His creation.

I wanted to say all of this before I told you how much I respect your right to your point of view and I think can understand where you are coming from.

I believe in religious/spiritual tolerance to a fault and I firmly believe in a free society and in a free society there is no place for an established religion even if it is the religion of my conscience and choice,

I also believe in the importance of self-governance and the will of the people. I think the religious, and IMO the followers of Jesus should submit to the will of the people that is revealed through the imperfect processes of self-governance. IMO God’s will be done, should be our prevailing attitude.

I really appreciate your post.
That’s very nice of you and certainly you’re right.

Although it’s curious that he always calls anyone who doesn’t believe what he believes right wing, and attributes what they believe in to a human being, who committed one of the worst atrocities of genocide ever.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not right wing and it’s insulting because some of the people who were murdered were in my lineage.

Basically, that’s all he has is insults

Integrity

Binge Poster
That’s very nice of you and certainly you’re right.

Although it’s curious that he always calls anyone who doesn’t believe what he believes right wing, and attributes what they believe in to a human being, who committed one of the worst atrocities of genocide ever.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not right wing and it’s insulting because some of the people who were murdered were in my lineage.

Basically, that’s all he has is insults
I understand and thank you.

I don’t support all the wording or references either.

Just wanted to express that I can understand where he was coming from.

I try to avoid broad brush labeling, I find it to be unproductive for moderate and peaceful discussion.

I know I am guilty of using polarizing labels at times to try to force a point sometimes and that IMO is usually not helpful. Thankfully I have been corrected by a moderator and that has been very helpful in my limiting this unproductive and IMO unkind type of wording.

I will take this time to say sorry about that. If I have offended anyone by this in the past please forgive me. I am trying to be more careful to limit this kind of wording.

Peace

☮️

Status
Not open for further replies.