Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What I’m seeing describe here appears to be multiple break downs. You’re right you didn’t say that though, you said in your brokenness which I don’t know if you just meant that poetically.
I can understand how you may have misunderstood.

Have you ever in your life felt broken in spirit or in mood, depressed, down hearted, downcast or some other similar type of attitude or feeling in your life?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I believe God is a real being because I believe a number of times over the years I have experienced His presence lower onto me from above and unite me in such peace, unconditional love, and joy that was overwhelmingly awesome.

I turned away to go my own way many times while I was young but He kept showing up and revealing Himself in like manner as I described above. I kept hearing His voice, in my spirit , calling me to Him.

Finally one day in my brokenness I surrendered to Him and my life was forever altered that day, by His love, His power, and His presence. I believe he is truly real and He is truly my friend, and so much more.
Ahhhh yes... that "religious experience!" You "just know!" You "just feel!" You "just keep hearing!" The "joy is overwhelming!"
I can understand why a gay secular humanist would laugh at this. For that matter, any balanced thinking person.

I recall a man in scripture who "just knew", he "just felt", persecuting Christians was "overwhelmingly a joy to him", because he "could feel" God smiling down on him when he did it.
Jesus blinded him and Ananias taught him the gospel which he obeyed and became a Christian.
A true "feeling" story that teaches us "feelings" can be wrong. Believe what's written. Obey what God has written down for everyone. Personal blow is useless and helps no one in their search for truth.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ahhhh yes... that "religious experience!" You "just know!" You "just feel!" You "just keep hearing!" The "joy is overwhelming!"
I can understand why a gay secular humanist would laugh at this. For that matter, any balanced thinking person.

I recall a man in scripture who "just knew", he "just felt", persecuting Christians was "overwhelmingly a joy to him", because he "could feel" God smiling down on him when he did it.
Jesus blinded him and Ananias taught him the gospel which he obeyed and became a Christian.
A true "feeling" story that teaches us "feelings" can be wrong. Believe what's written. Obey what God has written down for everyone. Personal blow is useless and helps no one in their search for truth.
That is your opinion.

My opinion is that limiting God to a book is more faith in a religious tradition than it is faith in a living God.

I love the Bible, I just don’t hold the Bible equal to God, not even close.

To each his own.

God loves you my friend.

BrownFlush

That is your opinion.

My opinion is that limiting God to a book is more faith in a religious tradition than it is faith in a living God.

I love the Bible, I just don’t hold the Bible equal to God, not even close.

To each his own.

God loves you my friend.
:blahblah:

vantexan

Haven't you heard? It doesn't matter that Jesus chose the Apostles. It doesn't matter that he imbued them with special powers. It doesn't matter that God through the Holy Spirit guided them. What matters is it wasn't him in the pages of the Bible. He's the last word on what is righteous and holy. Not a book written by men. There's no way that men chosen by Jesus could have known Jesus more than he does.

It's that simple.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Haven't you heard? It doesn't matter that Jesus chose the Apostles. It doesn't matter that he imbued them with special powers. It doesn't matter that God through the Holy Spirit guided them. What matters is it wasn't him in the pages of the Bible. He's the last word on what is righteous and holy. Not a book written by men. There's no way that men chosen by Jesus could have known Jesus more than he does.

It's that simple.
There is no God and no Jesus. It's that simple.

BrownFlush

It's that simple.
Now you’ve done it.
That tone. You’ve went and hurt his feelings.

Probably should back off. He might “feel “ he’s being persecuted just for spreading the message of what he “feels “ is love.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Haven't you heard? It doesn't matter that Jesus chose the Apostles. It doesn't matter that he imbued them with special powers. It doesn't matter that God through the Holy Spirit guided them. What matters is it wasn't him in the pages of the Bible. He's the last word on what is righteous and holy.
My belief is that the living God is the last word on all righteousness and holiness.
Not a book written by men.
That is correct. I do love the book though.
There's no way that men chosen by Jesus could have known Jesus more than he does.
Never said that.
It's that simple.
May you experience and feel the love of the living God, today and all your days.

May His face shine upon you my friend.

Peace be with you.

☮️

vantexan

My belief is that the living God is the last word on all righteousness and holiness.

That is correct. I do love the book though.

Never said that.

May you experience and feel the love of the living God, today and all your days.

May His face shine upon you my friend.

Peace be with you.

☮️
As long as you have moral ambivalence, as in we must not remove objectionable material from school libraries because some parents might be ok with it, then you aren't living as God wants us to as Christians. There's a saying, may not have it quite right, but it goes something like this: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

BrownFlush

As long as you have moral ambivalence, as in we must not remove objectionable material from school libraries because some parents might be ok with it, then you aren't living as God wants us to as Christians. There's a saying, may not have it quite right, but it goes something like this: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
There’s another saying, If it smells like s:censored2:t, it is.

You can pretend it’s not and let the love of God just pour on everything and everyone or you can address what’s actually causing the stink.

Integrity

Binge Poster
As long as you have moral ambivalence,
That is your opinion, I disagree.
as in we must not remove objectionable material from school libraries because some parents might be ok with it,
Never said this.
then you aren't living as God wants us to as Christians.
There's a saying, may not have it quite right, but it goes something like this: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Not sure I agree with this statement completely, but I believe I understand your point.

vantexan

Never said this.

Not sure I agree with this statement completely, but I believe I understand your point.
Are you kidding? You absolutely said that while we might find depictions of graphic sex objectionable other parents may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.