Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If that is true then this is certainly a possible explanation of why he thinks this.
Oh, it’s true. You’ll find out if you interact with him. Now, I know you’re inclusive when it comes to discussion, but trust me, he’s not worth the time.

vantexan

Religious question:

Do you believe anyone except Jesus has spiritual authority another human being?

I don’t.
You refuse to accept that Jesus chose apostles to grow the Church and who spoke to us through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. You say you speak directly to God but refuse to accept that they were guided by God to give direction to the Church in its infancy and their words still direct us today.

Integrity

Binge Poster
By not being christ like.
I understand.

I’ll have to admit from my observation many professed Christians that I know do not want to be like Christ and be servant to all. I have observed this for decades. I have experienced many who just want to tell you what to do or have another Bible study.

However I do sense and observe the Spirit of God starting to make inroads in my and others lives towards this end.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You refuse to accept that Jesus chose apostles to grow the Church and who spoke to us through inspiration of the Holy Spirit. You say you speak directly to God but refuse to accept that they were guided by God to give direction to the Church in its infancy and their words still direct us today.
Thank you for a synopsis of my beliefs. This says little to me about what you believe.

Do you believe anyone except Jesus has spiritual authority over another human being?

vantexan

Thank you for a synopsis of my beliefs. This says little to me about what you believe.

Do you believe anyone except Jesus has spiritual authority over another human being?
I just told you, have repeatedly told you, the apostles did and their writings still do. Let's say we were never given the Bible. How would you know about Jesus and his Father's plan for mankind? There's absolutely nothing in the scripture that says God speaks directly to us today. The fact that you ignore scripture to accept everyone no matter what they do as acceptable to God says that you are only interested in following what you want. You've elevated yourself as an equal to the apostles and have the right to reject them. No Christian has that right if they have hope of saving their souls.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I just told you, have repeatedly told you, the apostles did and their writings still do. Let's say we were never given the Bible. How would you know about Jesus and his Father's plan for mankind?
Please, God revealed Himself to human kind, His Creation, long before anything you claim as the source of knowledge of Him was written, compiled, and deemed sacred text through religious tradition.

I do love the Bible though.
There's absolutely nothing in the scripture that says God speaks directly to us today. The fact that you ignore scripture to accept everyone no matter what they do as acceptable to God says that you are only interested in following what you want. You've elevated yourself as an equal to the apostles and have the right to reject them. No Christian has that right if they have hope of saving their souls.
Yes. My belief is we are all spiritually equal under our source, God the source of all life and Jesus, has been given all spiritual authority as our head.

rickyb

Why do you think this?
8:38 in this video

1690401315222.png
1690401324245.png

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Please, God revealed Himself to human kind, His Creation, long before anything you claim as the source of knowledge of Him was written, compiled, and deemed sacred text through religious tradition.

Yes. My belief is we are all spiritually equal under our source, God the source of all life and Jesus, has been given all spiritual authority as our head.
How would you know, if you hadn't learned it from the Bible?
How would you know, if an established Church hadn't preserved the Bible for your edification?
How would you know, if the humans entrusted by Jesus hadn't sustained, validated, and authenticated which Scripture was authoritative?
The Holy Spirit is the Guide and Counselor for Holy Mother Church to save souls. Does your inspiration from the Holy Spirit align with those teachings? Read Matt7:15.

rickyb

How would you know, if an established Church hadn't preserved the Bible for your edification?
How would you know, if the humans entrusted by Jesus hadn't sustained, validated, and authenticated which Scripture was authoritative?
The Holy Spirit is the Guide and Counselor for Holy Mother Church to save souls. Does your inspiration from the Holy Spirit align with those teachings? Read Matt7:15.
MLK, malcolm x, and julian assange have taken a smiliar path to jesus

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any religious tradition written or other has to align with what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me or I can’t in good conscience subscribe to it. I must place my personal relationship with God above religion.

Last edited:

vantexan

The Old Testament was written long before the New Testament was. How do you feel that God revealed himself to humankind outside of Jewish sacred text since he was the God of the Jews and other groups were worshiping idols?

When you pray do you pray to Jesus? Jesus told us to pray to his father.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Old Testament was written long before the New Testament was. How do you feel that God revealed himself to humankind outside of Jewish sacred text since he was the God of the Jews and other groups were worshiping idols?

When you pray do you pray to Jesus? Jesus told us to pray to his father.
IMG_4523.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster

vantexan

I believed God revealed himself in any way he wanted.

I pray to God.
So he revealed himself to all mankind but except for the Hebrews and probably a few others they all turned to idols?

You said that "Jesus has been given all spiritual authority" but Jesus told us to pray to his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.