Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You people should be ashamed believing in magic and demons at your age. Get over it already.
You have a right to your opinions but I believe that my belief in these things is as much part of me as any other part of me.

I believe there can be no shame in accepting and being who you were made to be.

Many unfortunately, in my experience and for reasons personal and specific to themselves, deny or are dissatisfied with who they were made to be.

I get it.

There was a time that I felt shame for who I had become, but I now know and believe that was not who I was made to be.

rickyb

Cornel West
In public? Because I'm--I'm full of rage all the time, but I transfigure it. You know what I mean? And a part, it--I mean, my own Christian sensibility plays a role here, too, because, you know, Christians cannot love people without hating injustice, without having a rage against cruelty. And that's why Jesus goes to the temple and overturns the--the temple of the money changers and ends up on the cross...

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t believe in any of those things.
Just because you declare your bad beliefs magical doesn’t mean they should be tolerated.
You seem to believe in freedom of opinion, no?

Other than pure democracy what do you believe in?

I don’t recall using the word magical, not a word I use often if I did.

Do you think I should be intolerant of your points of view?

El Correcto

god is dead
You have a right to your opinions but I believe that my belief in these things is as much part of me as any other part of me.
Cancer could also be considered part of you, I wouldn’t call it good.I believe there can be no shame in accepting and being who you were made to be.

Who is discussing shame or what you were “made” to be? We are discussing beliefs and you absolutely should be ashamed if you’re a 12+ year old that still believes in magic and demons.
There was a time that I felt shame for who I had become, but I now know and believe that was not who I was made to be.
Look I get it, you got a lil freaky with your bro’s girl and it gave you a mental break down, but you don’t have to live this delusional life of magic and non sense. I’ll pray for you to get over it one day.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cancer could also be considered part of you, I wouldn’t call it good.I believe there can be no shame in accepting and being who you were made to be.

Who is discussing shame or what you were “made” to be? We are discussing beliefs and you absolutely should be ashamed if you’re a 12+ year old that still believes in magic and demons.

Look I get it, you got a lil freaky with your bro’s girl and it gave you a mental break down, but you don’t have to live this delusional life of magic and non sense. I’ll pray for you to get over it one day.
What do you mean when you say you will pray for me?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cornel West
In public? Because I'm--I'm full of rage all the time, but I transfigure it. You know what I mean? And a part, it--I mean, my own Christian sensibility plays a role here, too, because, you know, Christians cannot love people without hating injustice, without having a rage against cruelty. And that's why Jesus goes to the temple and overturns the--the temple of the money changers and ends up on the cross...

?

El Correcto

god is dead
What do you mean when you say you will pray for me?
I’m saying your redemption arc is annoying and I don’t buy your love of Christianity. I think on some level you were just looking for a redemption arc and forgiveness and found it through a religious identity. I think you being seen as a good person in your own eyes and the eyes of others is more important to you than anything written in the Bible.

Get over the redemption arc magic non sense and just accept you’re not a bad person, you just made a mistake and it happens, part of growing up.

El Correcto

god is dead
You’re not the most annoying type of Christian though. The most annoying are the narcissist that can’t accept one day they won’t exist and turn to god for the delusion of prolonging their miserable existence.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m saying your redemption arc is annoying and I don’t buy your love of Christianity. I think on some level you were just looking for a redemption arc and forgiveness and found it through a religious identity. I think you being seen as a good person in your own eyes and the eyes of others is more important to you than anything written in the Bible.

Get over the redemption arc magic non sense and just accept you’re not a bad person, you just made a mistake and it happens, part of growing up.
I really don’t know what you are talking about. I never use most of the terms you use.

I can say I do love God, not sure what else you are trying to communicate.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’re not the most annoying type of Christian though. The most annoying are the narcissist that can’t accept one day they won’t exist and turn to god for the delusion of prolonging their miserable existence.
I believe in everlasting life.

Just want to clarify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.