Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

chris hedges said the same thing how big money corrupted christianity in america around 1920 to make it more pro capitalist.

truly disgusting

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I believe all religion is made up but God is preeminent to creation and ultimately the creator of all that is made.
Christianity is a religion, established by God, to facilitate the salvation of all who seek it. Matt 16:18. Its foundation is the Old Testament, the Torah, with God’s Covenant fulfilled by Jesus. Its realization is communicated in the New Testament, with a New Covenant replacing the Old.

There is no written word that contains all knowledge of God, that’s impossible. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Notice the adjective, inspired. Spiration is the function of the Holy Spirit. To reject any of the Bible is to reject His Spirit.

Point being, Christianity isn’t a made up religion.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Christianity is a religion, established by God, to facilitate the salvation of all who seek it. Matt 16:18. Its foundation is the Old Testament, the Torah, with God’s Covenant fulfilled by Jesus. Its realization is communicated in the New Testament, with a New Covenant replacing the Old.

There is no written word that contains all knowledge of God, that’s impossible. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Notice the adjective, inspired. Spiration is the function of the Holy Spirit. To reject any of the Bible is to reject His Spirit.

If you were born in Japan, Tibet, India, etc. you most likely would not be christian. You would have been indoctrinated into another belief and think christianity is made up also.
Jim Jones, David Koresh & Marshall Applewhite were also some people's Jesus. Look where that got them.

vantexan

If you were born in Japan, Tibet, India, etc. you most likely would not be christian. You would have been indoctrinated into another belief and think christianity is made up also.
Jim Jones, David Koresh & Marshall Applewhite were also some people's Jesus. Look where that got them.
Sad that you would compare those people to Jesus as if Christianity is a cult. Someone really did a number on you as a child.

Integrity

Binge Poster

God is the creator over all that is made, no?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You don’t believe in God, correct?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Did I challenge that statement?

I believe I specifically challenged the statement that all religion is made up.
No.

I believe that all religion is man’s attempt to understand and reach God, this ability to do this is established by God in His creation.

I believe that the person, not the religion, of Jesus is God’s reaching into creation by entering humanity for the salvation of man kind.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I believe that the person, not the religion, of Jesus is God’s reaching into creation by entering humanity for the salvation of man kind.
WTF does that mean???
“The person of Jesus”?
“Reaching into creation”?
“Entering humanity”?

Is English a 2nd language for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.