Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

Jesus picked you to follow Him correct?

My belief and faith is that God gives every man the right.

I put my faith and trust in God not man.
They were Jesus's chosen apostles. The Holy Spirit worked directly through them. Amazing that you believe the Holy Spirit works directly through you, speaks directly through you, yet you reject the teachings of those chosen by Jesus. And we all know why. You think being gay is ok but you know it's condemned in the Bible. Rather than agree with that you say they are wrong. Going to have to go with the men chosen by Christ to lead the Church. And Jesus didn't choose me. I chose him after hearing the Gospel. That in no way gives me the right to pick and choose what to believe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
But, because of the "actual" (not made up like you) inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the words they wrote were breathed out by God. This includes what has been recorded that Jesus said and did. Thus, all the New Testament is to be appealed to with equal authority.
I disagree with this statement.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They were Jesus's chosen apostles. The Holy Spirit worked directly through them. Amazing that you believe the Holy Spirit works directly through you, speaks directly through you, yet you reject the teachings of those chosen by Jesus. And we all know why. You think being gay is ok but you know it's condemned in the Bible. Rather than agree with that you say they are wrong. Going to have to go with the men chosen by Christ to lead the Church. And Jesus didn't choose me. I chose him after hearing the Gospel. That in no way gives me the right to pick and choose what to believe.
That is what you pick and choose to believe, I respect your right to pick and choose these beliefs.

I pick and choose to believe differently from you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Name something in the New Testament that I choose to not believe?
You choose not to believe that the Holy Spirit of God works directly through me and through you for that matter.

I think you pick and choose to believe that the teachings and writings of the authors of the Bible are equal in authority to that of the teachings of Jesus.

vantexan

You choose not to believe that the Holy Spirit of God works directly through me and through you for that matter.

I think you pick and choose to believe that the teachings and writings of the authors of the Bible are equal in authority to that of the teachings of Jesus.
Did Jesus write any of the books of the Bible?

Can you name a scripture that says the Holy Spirit speaks directly to us?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He chose you and I wouldn’t follow everything you say or write, no more than I would them.

They were not perfect humans.

I do not reject all of the apostles teaching, only some.
What you are rejecting is the Holy Spirit.

Christ ordained His Apostles. If you recall that little incident in the upper room, those Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they might unerringly guide Christianity forward. The Apostles were perfected by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Were you there in the upper room as well??

Integrity

Binge Poster
What you are rejecting is the Holy Spirit.

Christ ordained His Apostles. If you recall that little incident in the upper room, those Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they might unerringly guide Christianity forward. The Apostles were perfected by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Were you there in the upper room as well??
So are you saying that after Pentecost the Apostle’s were perfect human beings?

vantexan

Didn’t have to.

I gave you what you wanted and I pick and choose that it requires a response from you before I entertain anything else from you.

I have limited time this BC binge is going to be very short.
You're ducking honest questions. Your religion is whatever you deem it is.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're ducking honest questions. Your religion is whatever you deem it is.
I disagree.

I follow God in the person of Jesus in the spirit and by the power and unity of the Holy Spirit of God.

I do find religion and religious traditions to be helpful at time’s especially written religious traditions handed down over the generations to assist mankind in personally knowing and walking with God.

Your religion is what you deem it to be as well, it’s that way for everyone.

Last edited:

vantexan

I disagree.

I follow God in the person of Jesus in the spirit and by the power and unity of the Holy Spriit of God.

I do find religion and religious traditions to be helpful at time’s especially written religious traditions handed down over the generations to assist mankind in personally knowing and walking with God.

Your religion is what you deem it to be as well, it’s that way for everyone.
Ah, I see where I'm going wrong. You follow the Holy Spriit, not the Holy Spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.