Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

Did I read the book you sent me? No. Is this pertaining to the Pope's recent allowing blessings on gay couples? You argue all the time that the Apostles were fallible men who were wrong about things. That apparently the Holy Spirit would have never told them to write such things. Are you now telling me you believe the Pope is infallible because he said some things you agree with? I believe that Jesus chose his Apostles to lead and grow his Church. I also believe that men have chosen the Pope, and he isn't infallible. His "blessing" is in clear violation of the New Testament.
Lol pretending a pope is anything more than glorified mafia lead is sort of hilarious, history is littered with truly awful people in that position. And I certainly don’t care what this pope has to say about anything.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Did I read the book you sent me? No. Is this pertaining to the Pope's recent allowing blessings on gay couples? You argue all the time that the Apostles were fallible men who were wrong about things. That apparently the Holy Spirit would have never told them to write such things. Are you now telling me you believe the Pope is infallible because he said some things you agree with? I believe that Jesus chose his Apostles to lead and grow his Church. I also believe that men have chose the Pope, and he isn't infallible. His "blessing" is in clear violation of the New Testament.

Did I read the book you sent me? No.
Noted.
Is this pertaining to the Pope's recent allowing blessings on gay couples?
It is the actual document reported in the media.
You argue all the time that the Apostles were fallible men who were wrong about things. That apparently the Holy Spirit would have never told them to write such things. Are you now telling me you believe the Pope is infallible because he said some things you agree with?
No.
I believe that Jesus chose his Apostles to lead and grow his Church. I also believe that men have chose the Pope, and he isn't infallible. His "blessing" is in clear violation of the New Testament.
I clearly sense that He is desiring to follow the heart of God through the life, love, example, and actual teaching of Christ our Lord.

vantexan

Lol pretending a pope is anything more than glorified mafia lead is sort of hilarious, history is littered with truly awful people in that position. And I certainly don’t care what this pope has to say about anything.

If they had today's communications back then and this was exposed the Church might have been destroyed.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I appreciate your honesty and straightforward reply.

vantexan

Noted.

It is the actual document reported in the media.

No.

I clearly sense that He is desiring to follow the heart of God through the life, love, example, and actual teaching of Christ our Lord.
You clearly sense that he's of like liberal mind and you admire him for being willing to go against the very text that he's been charged with upholding.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You clearly sense that he's of like liberal mind and you admire him for being willing to go against the very text that he's been charged with upholding.
I stated what I sense, I do not sense what you claim I sense in your reply. You made this up.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
If they had today's communications back then and this was exposed the Church might have been destroyed.
The Catholic denomination would have been exposed as corrupt sooner. False teaching and teachers will always be among men.
The Church is a spiritual kingdom that is eternal and will never be destroyed. Jesus predicted he would build it in Matthew 16:18 and it had its beginning in Acts 2.

@Fred's Myth I'm asking a third time...
What has the Holy Spirit said to you, done for you, or taught you separate from the Bible ?

Last edited:

vantexan

The Catholic denomination would have been exposed as corrupt sooner. False teaching and teachers will always be among men.
The Church is a spiritual kingdom that is eternal and will never be destroyed. Jesus predicted he would build it in Matthew 16:18 and it had its beginning in Acts 2.

@Fred's Myth I'm asking a third time...
Denomination suggests a specific branch of Christianity which is how the C of C views various churches today although they aren't considered the true church. But the Catholic Church at one point was "the" Church to those who attended. There wasn't a C of C down the street to turn to. If a pope had been exposed as evil it may not have destroyed the Church. Multiple popes exposed may have very well done that. "May" isn't an absolute but the damage would've been horrible.

BrownFlush

Denomination suggests a specific branch of Christianity which is how the C of C views various churches today although they aren't considered the true church. But the Catholic Church at one point was "the" Church to those who attended. There wasn't a C of C down the street to turn to. If a pope had been exposed as evil it may not have destroyed the Church. Multiple popes exposed may have very well done that. "May" isn't an absolute but the damage would've been horrible.
The Church, not a church, of the NT apostatized into catholic dogma. The catholic church may have been "the" church attended but it was not "The Church". The worship was vain teaching for commandments the doctrines of men. The violations of the catholic church came into existence through a gradual apostasy from the New Testament in areas too numerous to mention.
The Bible foretold the falling away which occurred, leading to the establishment of the Catholic Church (Acts 20:29-21; 2 Thess. 2:1-12).
The apostasy took centuries to develop into the Catholic Church as we know it under the leadership of a pope.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Church, not a church, of the NT apostatized into catholic dogma. The catholic church may have been "the" church attended but it was not "The Church". The worship was vain teaching for commandments the doctrines of men. The violations of the catholic church came into existence through a gradual apostasy from the New Testament in areas too numerous to mention.
The Bible foretold the falling away which occurred, leading to the establishment of the Catholic Church (Acts 20:29-21; 2 Thess. 2:1-12).
The apostasy took centuries to develop into the Catholic Church as we know it under the leadership of a pope.
People are impressed with pomp and rituals. It was like a pageant. Latin mass, Latin Bible, designed to keep the faithful in the dark.
I say this with no animosity whatsoever, but anyone that has read the whole bible can see the flaws in Catholicism. Not to mention the harm they’re causing by helping illegal aliens here in America.

vantexan

Yes, I know all that. But they didn't at one time. You can't say it was a denomination in the year 942 A.D. because there weren't other churches. It wasn't a church, it was THE Church. And as I said before, if they had modern communications back then and could expose to the masses just how rotten to the core the leadership was, it may have destroyed the Church. Yes, the Church is a spiritual kingdom. But in the temporal realm it would've been likely that the Crusades wouldn't have happened and the Muslims would've overrun Europe because faith in God and his Church would've been ruined. A faith back then that was the foundation of belief that we must turn back nonbelievers.

BrownFlush

Yes, I know all that. But they didn't at one time. You can't say it was a denomination in the year 942 A.D. because there weren't other churches. It wasn't a church, it was THE Church. And as I said before, if they had modern communications back then and could expose to the masses just how rotten to the core the leadership was, it may have destroyed the Church. Yes, the Church is a spiritual kingdom. But in the temporal realm it would've been likely that the Crusades wouldn't have happened and the Muslims would've overrun Europe because faith in God and his Church would've been ruined. A faith back then that was the foundation of belief that we must turn back nonbelievers.
I can say it was a denomination when The Church began to be a church. When it began teaching and worshiping what was not taught , authorized and handed down to a local body of saints by the apostles.

BrownFlush

People are impressed with pomp and rituals. It was like a pageant. Latin mass, Latin Bible, designed to keep the faithful in the dark.
I say this with no animosity whatsoever, but anyone that has read the whole bible can see the flaws in Catholicism. Not to mention the harm they’re causing by helping illegal aliens here in America.
Christ expressly forbids such religious titles as Father, Reverend, and Pope. Christ warned of men in special "garments," seeking "chief seats," with titles of reverence. "But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven" (Matt. 23:5-9). The title "Pope" comes from the Latin word for father.​

BrownFlush

Hello @Fred's Myth ... I notice you have commented on the BC since I have asked you a third time.
What has the Holy Spirit said to you, done for you, or taught you separate from the Bible ?
You have said nothing. And, you are absolutely right. The Holy Spirit has done nothing for you that has not been through the instrument of the Scriptures.
Imagine asking a first century Christian who had the power of the Holy Spirit given them by the laying on of an Apostles hands to do the miraculous to confirm the word would have answered...
"Well, he gave me the ability to speak in a foreign language." .. "He gave me the miraculous ability to interpret languages.".."He gave me the ability to prophesy.'' They wouldn't have to be asked twice what the Holy Spirit had done for them.
Whatever was needed at a local congregation to confirm what was being taught was from God was done. Until "that which was perfect had come.

I encourage you to step up to the plate. What has the Holy Spirit said to you? What has He done for you? What has he taught you separate from what has been revealed to us all through His Word.

We are more fortunate than those first century Christians. As 1 Cor.13 plainly teaches, they just had the truth in part. We have the complete/perfect will of God. The work of the Holy Spirit in your salvation is complete. He has given you the revelation of God.

vantexan

I can say it was a denomination when The Church began to be a church. When it began teaching and worshiping what was not taught , authorized and handed down to a local body of saints by the apostles.
In order to have denominations you have to have different churches. When you ask for cash from a bank they ask you in what denominations would you like it. If all we had was twenties they wouldn't ask because there's only one kind. The people back when the Catholic Church was in complete control didn't have a choice either. There was no other choice.

BrownFlush

In order to have denominations you have to have different churches. When you ask for cash from a bank they ask you in what denominations would you like it. If all we had was twenties they wouldn't ask because there's only one kind. The people back when the Catholic Church was in complete control didn't have a choice either. There was no other choice.
In order to have A denomination, you have to have something that is not the whole.
You know better ( I hope) than to infer that if it's the only choice, that makes it right.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hello @Fred's Myth ... I notice you have commented on the BC since I have asked you a third time.

You have said nothing. And, you are absolutely right. The Holy Spirit has done nothing for you that has not been through the instrument of the Scriptures.
Imagine asking a first century Christian who had the power of the Holy Spirit given them by the laying on of an Apostles hands to do the miraculous to confirm the word would have answered...
"Well, he gave me the ability to speak in a foreign language." .. "He gave me the miraculous ability to interpret languages.".."He gave me the ability to prophesy.'' They wouldn't have to be asked twice what the Holy Spirit had done for them.
Whatever was needed at a local congregation to confirm what was being taught was from God was done. Until "that which was perfect had come.

I encourage you to step up to the plate. What has the Holy Spirit said to you? What has He done for you? What has he taught you separate from what has been revealed to us all through His Word.

We are more fortunate than those first century Christians. As 1 Cor.13 plainly teaches, they just had the truth in part. We have the complete/perfect will of God. The work of the Holy Spirit in your salvation is complete. He has given you the revelation of God.
Do you believe in prayer?

Do you believe God answers our prayers today?

If yes, Who then answers them: the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit?

Status
Not open for further replies.