Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The Bible says faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God. Rom. 10:17 The faith I have is a result of what the word of God says. It's solid. Nothing blind or mysterious. I can assure you it is doing anything but obstructing my relationship with my Creator.

I notice that all your comments have no scripture. The first two lines I have read. After that, is there any Scripture to back all the blow and breathing in the rest of the comment? You know, something I can put my faith in because the Holy Spirit communicated by words to an inspired Apostle who wrote it down so I would be able to read it, understand it, and know it's true? Get the passage and then I'll be able to put my faith in what you're saying. But, I have to tell you, I've never read anything close to this.
Once a Pharisee, always a Pharisee. Luke 18:10-14

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Once a Pharisee, always a Pharisee. Luke 18:10-14
Deflect. You have no answer for your blow/ breath about the Holy Spirit.

It might help you also to understand what the Pharisees’ were condemned for, before you sling that around.
They were not condemned for following the law. They were condemned for making up laws and binding them on others to obey and demanding their man made laws be treated equal with God’s law.
Look at any passage I have used and show me where that’s been done and I’ll gladly repent and fix what I need to.
Talk about Pharisees, you and Integrity have done nothing but make up and claim things that are not found anywhere in God’s Word..

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Deflect. You have no answer for your blow/ breath about the Holy Spirit.

It might help you also to understand what the Pharisees’ were condemned for, before you sling that around.
They were not condemned for following the law. They were condemned for making up laws and binding them on others to obey and demanding their man made laws be treated equal with God’s law.
Look at any passage I have used and show me where that’s been done and I’ll gladly repent and fix what I need to.
Talk about Pharisees, you and Integrity have done nothing but make up and claim things that are not found anywhere where in God’s Word..
John 20:22
Acts 2:2-3

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

FromOffTheStreets

might help you also to understand what the Pharisees’ were condemned for, before you sling that around.
Spot on...I would only add that the "self righteous system" that they created were outward acts so the people could see their "righteousness," yet their hearts were far from God.
They were condemned because they weren't actually with God, they were with themselves. Jesus exposed them for it & this drove them to kill him. They didn't want to bow to God/ Jesus, even knowing he was from God because of the signs he did.
They wanted to continue their masquerade, showing where their true allegiance was at.

BrownFlush

Spot on...I would only add that the "self righteous system" that they created were outward acts so the people could see their "righteousness," yet their hearts were far from God.
They were condemned because they weren't actually with God, they were with themselves. Jesus exposed them for it & this drove them to kill him. They didn't want to bow to God/ Jesus, even knowing he was from God because of the signs he did.
They wanted to continue their masquerade, showing where their true allegiance was at.
Give you an example…God’s law said “ No work on the Sabbath” They had literally came up with hundreds of definitions of what work was and bound that and equated that as the law of God. If a scribe was carrying his pen on his person on the Sabbath, he broke God’s law. By the time the Lord walked on the earth, they were completely lost.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
“All” religions are funny. They make perfect sense to all that belong to them but no sense to anyone outside of the cult. Each member of each cult would not buy the BS of that cult if they was on the outside of that cult. It is a truly amazing thing to watch from the outside. Each cult has the reason “theirs” is the “truth” even though it makes no sense to anyone outside of the cult.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
“All” religions are funny. They make perfect sense to all that belong to them but no sense to anyone outside of the cult. Each member of each cult would not buy the BS of that cult if they was on the outside of that cult. It is a truly amazing thing to watch from the outside. Each cult has the reason “theirs” is the “truth” even though it makes no sense to anyone outside of the cult.
If you don’t investigate that which you are ignorant of, and continue to ridicule, you remain an ignorant bigot.

Integrity

Binge Poster
As you belong the anti-cult cult. Everyone is participant in some culture.

Religions can attempt to be limiting and also attempt to limit God.

I belong to “the cult” that believes the God of the Universe is infinite.

BrownFlush

I’m late for the sit on the floor in a circle cross your legs holding hands chant meeting or I would comment more.
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."-1 Corinthians 1:18

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m late for the sit on the floor in a circle cross your legs holding hands chant meeting or I would comment more.
"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."-1 Corinthians 1:18

Status
Not open for further replies.