Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Actually the title of the thread is “Religion”
and the Bible is, IMO, written religious text nothing more, nothing less. It is passed down as part of religious tradition as any other religious tradition. It is highly value and useful but IMO the second you bring the Bible into anything is the second you are bringing religion into it.

IMO The Bible is not my God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit and the living God is in no way bound, in subjection to, or has get approval from written code or religious tradition when personally interacting with anything or anyone in His creation.

I agree… The Bible is just a man made book trying to make sense of something he has no idea of. That is what all religions are. The scary part is people believe something that makes no sense and has so many contradictions because they are scared to not believe in it.
I know I already have parrots that are saying “there are no contradictions in the Bible” These are the same people saying to “investigate”

Integrity

Binge Poster
My “religion“ as you call it has no religious beliefs. It has no churches, preachers, books or anything else that brainwash people into a way of belief. It has no wars that it is fighting against other beliefs. It has no belief that you have to believe in my creator or you will be annihilated. So if I belong to a religion it seems like a good religion to belong to.
Because I don’t believe in unicorns, big foot, or the Skunk ape doesn’t put me into a category yet not believing in a religion does, according to you. That just proves all the more again how cultish religions are.
IMO You can’t label someone or group without labeling yourself.

Darmark7

IMO You can’t label someone or group without labeling yourself.
Agree… If I label someone as something I am against I label myself as the opposite. If I label a person a criminal or a pedophile and I’m against that then I am labeling myself as not one. I can definitely live with that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So obedience to the commandments of Christ would not be an example of your love for him?
My conscience and spirit is prompted by the Holy Spirit to say: I believe obedience to the commandments of Christ would be one way of expressing my love for Him. Yes I do believe it would be a good example.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My conscience and spirit is prompted by the Holy Spirit to say: I believe obedience to the commandments of Christ would be one way of expressing my love for Him. Yes I do believe it would be a good example.
1.Does your conscience and your spirit ever disagree?
2.If there is no prompting by the Holy Spirit (not sure what that is, you said he talks to you) would you still make a decision?
3. Wouldn't it be easier just to believe the verse?

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
1.Does your conscience and your spirit ever disagree?
2.If there is no prompting by the Holy Spirit (not sure what that is, you said he talks to you) would you still make a decision?
3. Wouldn't it be easier just to believe the verse?
1.Yes
2. Sometimes yes, but it is my desire to only do as the Spirit would have me do.
3. I believe it as the Spirit enables.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1.Yes
2. Sometimes yes, but it is my desire to only do as the Spirit would have me do.
3. I believe it as the Spirit enables.
1. How do you know? What happens?
2. Why does he not communicate all the time? Leaving you on your own seems scary. Have you ever asked him why? I don't know why he wouldn't talk to you when you need him?
3. When it is the Spirit that wrote the verse for you to read and understand, isn't that enough enabling?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
2. Why does he not communicate all the time? Leaving you on your own seems scary. Have you ever asked him why? I don't know why he wouldn't talk to you when you need him?
3. When it is the Spirit that wrote the verse for you to read and understand, isn't that enough enabling?
He probably goes into a trance. Then wakes up speaking in tongues.

Integrity

Binge Poster
1.Experience of internal dissonance.

2. Let me ponder these questions, maybe later.

3. I don’t hold to the theory that the Spirit wrote it as you claim.

FromOffTheStreets

Says each religion…. which just proves my point even more. The problem is people do investigate and find out each religion is as hilarious as the next. People that trust a religion is the ones that “investigate“ within that religion. Don’t worry the leader of that cult will assure you what to believe.
Why should I join your athiest movement. What do you offer?
What proof do you have that your ideology is the right one?

Darmark7

Why should I join your athiest movement. What do you offer?
What proof do you have that your ideology is the right one?

I’m not asking you to join my “movement” only religions do that. I‘m just explaining why religions makes no sense to anyone outside of that religion. I‘m not an Atheist. The difference in my ”movement” as you call it, is I don’t lie to people and tell them that if they follow my way they will have the ultimate best outcome after death but if they don’t they will have the ultimate worse outcome. This is a dead (pardon the pun) giveaway that it is a man made religion. Rewards or punishment depending on if you accept or reject is the way religions keep people in them. Amazing how each religious god’s reward is always tailored to the fleshy follower (streets of gold, live forever in bliss, many virgins, even reincarnation for another go around at life.) Another great thing about my way is it doesn't cause divisions in people or even wars over my god.
My proof of my ideology is all around us. I believe in a creator but not in a creator that man has made. Man from the beginning of time has tried to create a god so they know what to worship. I imagine every group of people from the beginning of time has made a god with each group just knowing they are the ones that has the “true” god. Each religion makes no sense to anyone outside of that religion but that religion uses that to prove they are the real deal and the believers are special and chosen for being able to make sense out of the non sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.