Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
If you don’t investigate that which you are ignorant of, and continue to ridicule, you remain an ignorant bigot.

Says each religion…. which just proves my point even more. The problem is people do investigate and find out each religion is as hilarious as the next. People that trust a religion is the ones that “investigate“ within that religion. Don’t worry the leader of that cult will assure you what to believe.

Darmark7

All religions you have to jump through hoops to make it make sense. I was talking to a “believer“ this week and he was telling me the “all knowing, loving god“ never planned on humans ending up in hell. He said hell was meant for satan and his devils. So my question to him was how did humans end up in hell if god never planned on them being there? Just who put them in there? How did the “all knowing“ god let that major detail slip by him. At that point he was frustrated and lost his 💩. Once a person gets outside of their cult and doesn't just accept something hook, line and sinker they have to jump through hoops that no one outside the cult will accept. Like I said it is hilarious to anyone outside of the cult.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Says each religion…. which just proves my point even more. The problem is people do investigate and find out each religion is as hilarious as the next. People that trust a religion is the ones that “investigate“ within that religion. Don’t worry the leader of that cult will assure you what to believe.
I understand your point.

The way I see it you are in “the religion” or cult that believes religions and views that different from yours is hilarious while yours is not. Your religion probably has more members than all others combined.

Integrity

Binge Poster
All religions you have to jump through hoops to make it make sense. I was talking to a “believer“ this week and he was telling me the “all knowing, loving god“ never planned on humans ending up in hell. He said hell was meant for satan and his devils. So my question to him was how did humans end up in hell if god never planned on them being there? Just who put them in there? How did the “all knowing“ god let that major detail slip by him. At that point he was frustrated and lost his 💩. Once a person gets outside of their cult and doesn't just accept something hook, line and sinker they have to jump through hoops that no one outside the cult will accept. Like I said it is hilarious to anyone outside of the cult.
As stated, it seems to me you are in the anti religion/anti cult cult. IMO no different from any other.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Does Jesus have a law?
I believe Jesus does not have a written law,
Almost every commandment in the Ten Commandment Law, is restated, in substance, in the New Testament. Jesus not only forbade killing, but he made a stricter law. He said, “Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, thou shalt not kill: and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: but I say unto you, that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment” (Matt. 5:21,22). This is the law that I believe to be binding upon us today. It is even stricter than the Old Covenant.
“Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matt. 5:27, 28). The Law said one had to commit the actual, overt act to be guilty. But not so with the Law of Christ . One is not to kill, or hate his brother today, not because it was a part of the Ten Commandment Law, but because it is a part of the Law of Christ. One is not to commit adultery or to look on a woman to lust after her, not because Moses’ Law forbade and condemned adultery, but because Christ’s Law prohibits it. Every commandment of the Ten Commandments, except one, is restated in substance in the New Testament. We are to follow the Law of Christ, rather than the Law of Moses.
There is nothing invisible about this. Looks written to me. He is addressing the heart. I can know by what he has said what I need to write on my heart.
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:1-2). That law was the law of Moses.
Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.- Gal.6:2

Sound like the Bible disagrees with you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Almost every commandment in the Ten Commandment Law, is restated, in substance, in the New Testament. Jesus not only forbade killing, but he made a stricter law. He said, “Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, thou shalt not kill: and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: but I say unto you, that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment” (Matt. 5:21,22). This is the law that I believe to be binding upon us today. It is even stricter than the Old Covenant.
“Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matt. 5:27, 28). The Law said one had to commit the actual, overt act to be guilty. But not so with the Law of Christ . One is not to kill, or hate his brother today, not because it was a part of the Ten Commandment Law, but because it is a part of the Law of Christ. One is not to commit adultery or to look on a woman to lust after her, not because Moses’ Law forbade and condemned adultery, but because Christ’s Law prohibits it. Every commandment of the Ten Commandments, except one, is restated in substance in the New Testament. We are to follow the Law of Christ, rather than the Law of Moses.
There is nothing invisible about this. Looks written to me. He is addressing the heart. I can know by what he has said what I need to write on my heart.
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:1-2). That law was the law of Moses.
Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.- Gal.6:2

Sound like the Bible disagrees with you.
God is my authority, not religion.

Darmark7

I understand your point.

The way I see it you are in “the religion” or cult that believes religions and views that different from yours is hilarious while yours is not. Your religion probably has more members than all others combined.

My “religion“ as you call it has no religious beliefs. It has no churches, preachers, books or anything else that brainwash people into a way of belief. It has no wars that it is fighting against other beliefs. It has no belief that you have to believe in my creator or you will be annihilated. So if I belong to a religion it seems like a good religion to belong to.
Because I don’t believe in unicorns, big foot, or the Skunk ape doesn’t put me into a category yet not believing in a religion does, according to you. That just proves all the more again how cultish religions are.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Actually the title of the thread is “Religion”
and the Bible is, IMO, written religious text nothing more, nothing less. It is passed down as part of religious tradition as any other religious tradition. It is highly value and useful but IMO the second you bring the Bible into anything is the second you are bringing religion into it.

IMO The Bible is not my God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit and the living God is in no way bound, in subjection to, or has get approval from written code or religious tradition when personally interacting with anything or anyone in His creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.