Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

In what way?

I believe there is human error in all religion even written religion.

Not necessarily.

I am not a proponent of all or nothing and/or absolutistic thinking. I believe it is not healthy.

Are you saying God is reliant on scripture to be considered real?
I’m saying, we rely on scripture to understand. If you rely on feelings, I believe you will make a mistake and not be repentant and lead others astray ultimately leading to your and their judgment.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’m saying, we rely on scripture to understand. If you rely on feelings, I believe you will make a mistake and not be repentant and lead others astray ultimately leading to your and their judgment.
I rely on God not feelings or religion however both are useful and instructional in my relationship with God, my desire to follow the example of Jesus, and to experience the person, presence and the power of the Holy Spirit as I walk this earth.

Who is we?

Thebrownblob

I rely on God not feelings or religion however both are useful and instructional in my relationship with God, my desire to follow the example of Jesus, and to experience the person, presence and the power of the Holy Spirit as I walk this earth.

Who is we?
Sounds nice, except you have to test the spirit according to the Bible, and what would you be testing them against? Most likely your own feelings and likely your own opinions. Human beings Have a poor track record following both.
Listening to yourself, you’ve created your own little cocoon of religion. That tells you you can believe anything you want Obviously you’re free to do so.

We had a pastor once, who gave a really nice example of people who want their ears tickled. He began reading scriptures that some would find hard to follow, and even controversial.. and he ripped those unpleasing pages out of the Bible. Before you know it-the only thing you had left was God is love. Which of course he is, but that is not the whole story. not all love is perfect love. not all feelings are valid, not all spirits are speaking the truth.

Again, you asked if we know about Jesus, I do and the only way I learned about him was the Bible, he would’ve been a nobody and long forgotten without it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Sounds nice, except you have to test the spirit according to the Bible, and what would you be testing them against? Most likely your own feelings and likely your own opinions. Human beings Have a poor track record following both.
Listening to yourself, you’ve created your own little cocoon of religion. That tells you you can believe anything you want Obviously you’re free to do so.

We had a pastor once, who gave a really nice example of people who want their ears tickled. He began reading scriptures that some would find hard to follow, and even controversial.. and he ripped those unpleasing pages out of the Bible. Before you know it-the only thing you had left was God is love. Which of course he is, but that is not the whole story. not all love is perfect love. not all feelings are valid, not all spirits are speaking the truth.

Again, you asked if we know about Jesus, I do and the only way I learned about him was the Bible, he would’ve been a nobody and long forgotten without it.
I understand, I have met many who seem to share your beliefs.

You put your faith in the God of the Bible.

I put my faith in the God of creation.

I don’t believe that God is bound or limited by religion. To each his own.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Primarily the Jewish community.
So the Gentile has another way to the Father?
Can you provide a passage that gives the other way?
Or, make up one of your ways and let me know what you like.
If any of those who practice those religions believe in Jesus as well, even in a small way they will see the Father. At least that’s what the Bible says.
Uh..that's the point.
Muslims believe Jesus was a good man but deny God had a son, much less a son that was Deity. It is blasphemous to say God has a son to the Muslim.
The hindu and buddist are so far removed from the teachings of Christ no use to try and explain... wait..lol..I forgot who I was commenting to.

Thebrownblob

I understand, I have met many who seem to share your beliefs.

You put your faith in the God of the Bible.

I put my faith in the God of creation.

I don’t believe that God is bound or limited by religion. To each his own.

But those are the same God , they do not change. they are the same yesterday, today, and forever. The Bible is his divinely inspired blueprint and road guide.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So the Gentile has another way to the Father?
Can you provide a passage that gives the other way?
Or, make up one of your ways and let me know what you like.

Uh..that's the point.
Muslims believe Jesus was a good man but deny God had a son, much less a son that was Deity. It is blasphemous to say God has a son to the Muslim.
The hindu and buddist are so far removed from the teachings of Christ no use to try and explain... wait..lol..I forgot who I was commenting to.
To both comment

I believe and put my faith that the with God all things like this are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.