Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportello

There is not a protester alive or dead who suffered half of what the Lord did.
Sorry, that is simply not true.

Jesus, the Lord, knew exactly what physical suffering he was going to go through. To think protestors in certain counties haven't been tortured worse is not based in fact.

The suffering Jesus did was the having the absolute knowledge of each of our sins, and forgiving them, even for non-believers.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

Jesus, the Lord, knew exactly what physical suffering he was going to go through. To think protestors in certain counties haven't been tortured worse is not based in fact.

The suffering Jesus did was the having the absolute knowledge of each of our sins, and forgiving them, even for non-believers.
So he felt no physical pain?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

His physical pain was negligible compared to the pain of taking on the burden of our sins ,knowing how many would still reject Him for what He was doing. He not only KNEW our sins, He suffered our punishment for them.

No human in history could possibly suffer what Jesus did.

Sportello

His physical pain was negligible compared to the pain of taking on the burden of our sins ,knowing how many would still reject Him for what He was doing. He not only KNEW our sins, He suffered our punishment for them.

No human in history could possibly suffer what Jesus did.
Isn’t that what I said?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Isn’t that what I said?

No. A double negative is a positive.

BrownFlush

Jesus, the Lord, knew exactly what physical suffering he was going to go through. Tortured worse is not based in fact.
Jesus knew? I know about the pain a woman has in childbirth, but....
When had he suffered the suffering physically on a cross before?
A Roman flogging (usually killed people) then 6 hours hanging on a cross? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is based on fact that no protester came close to the level of suffering the Lord endured.

Who said that?
You.
The suffering Jesus did was the...
This is written like it was the only suffering done.
You denied that Jesus suffered more physically than a protester. Pretty moronic.

FromOffTheStreets

You didn't answer.
It looks like the verse is telling the one who sinned (the one with him)to confess that in order to receive forgiveness.
It doesn't sound like you're thinking that. If so, is John instructing something that is optional in the verse? If you like, you can do what the verse says but if you don't, no worries ,because grace will cover you automatically?
Nothing is optional: repentance, forgiveness, doing his commands, etc.

However I see these works as the fruits of a new life in Christ. Workers & servants to him.
Are you seeing these works as salvific?

BrownFlush

Nothing is optional: repentance, forgiveness, doing his commands, etc.

However I see these works as the fruits of a new life in Christ. Workers & servants to him.
Are you seeing these works as salvific?

Obedience to any direct command is not a work. You either do it or you don't. There's nothing about them that are "leading" to salvation. They are necessary for salvation
Growth in the fruits of the spirit are subjective/individual and measured by God. Growth in these definitely lead to ones salvation and are required (not an option)by the Lord.
No one is '"working" or "earning" in either. You are obeying the Lord's direct commands to become a Christian and adding and growing in the fruits of the spirit in your life as you live your new life in Christ.

BrownFlush

1705028380620.png

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My belief and faith is that Jesus is the Truth!

To all who might read this:

Answer if you will,

Have you heard of Jesus?

If so,

Do you believe in Him?

Sincerely,
I
Jesus used to clean up my yard with his partner Manuel.
I’ve heard of him…
Why, did he finally get deported??

BrownFlush

Jesus said, "I am THE way , THE truth , and THE life. No man can come to the Father except by me." -John 14: 6
Note: He is not A way, A truth, A life. He is THE way, the ONLY way. He is THE truth, the ONLY truth. He is THE life, the ONLY life.

In this statement alone Jesus says no Muslims, Buddhist , or Hindus will ever see the Father.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Jesus said, "I am THE way , THE truth , and THE life. No man can come to the Father except by me." -John 14: 6
Note: He is not A way, A truth, A life. He is THE way, the ONLY way. He is THE truth, the ONLY truth. He is THE life, the ONLY life.
To the intended audience yes.
In this statement alone Jesus says no Muslims, Buddhist , or Hindus will ever see the Father.
Not necessarily.

Thebrownblob

Honestly Sounds like some New Age mumbo-jumbo.
My belief and faith is that Jesus is the Truth!

To all who might read this:

Answer if you will,

Have you heard of Jesus?

If so,

Do you believe in Him?

Sincerely,
I
Yes but I heard of him through the Bible, which you say is not completely truthful.

If it is not completely truthful, that means it lies.

Either it is completely true, or is completely false. There is no in between.
1705086311628.png

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Honestly Sounds like some New Age mumbo-jumbo.
In what way?
Yes but I heard of him through the Bible, which you say is not completely truthful.
I believe there is human error in all religion even written religion.
If it is not completely truthful, that means it lies.
Not necessarily.
Either it is completely true, or is completely false. There is no in between.
I am not a proponent of all or nothing and/or absolutistic thinking. I believe it is not healthy.
Are you saying God is reliant on scripture to be considered real?

Status
Not open for further replies.