Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMG_5576.jpeg

vantexan

it should be obvious corporations love money above all else
Corporations are in business to make money. That doesn't make them evil. In the past you were big on efficiency. What do you think corporations strive to do? Be efficient to make more profit. Seriously is there anything you actually know about how markets work? Corporations give jobs as needed in order to make money. They don't exist just to give you a job. If a corporation's management lies to you, cheats you, that's evil. If they do things that harm others that's evil. But an average corporation going about its business isn't intrinsically evil. Are companies providing goods and services that you want or need evil? That is the purpose of most companies, or corporations, to give goods and services in exchange for money. They do not exist to give you a great living. You make more within a company typically by taking on more responsibility or providing expertise that they need. It's a total fantasy to believe we should all be making great money working minimal hours and having a lot of time off. And it's a total fantasy to believe that in Europe that's the case.

rickyb

Corporations are in business to make money. That doesn't make them evil. In the past you were big on efficiency. What do you think corporations strive to do? Be efficient to make more profit. Seriously is there anything you actually know about how markets work? Corporations give jobs as needed in order to make money. They don't exist just to give you a job. If a corporation's management lies to you, cheats you, that's evil. If they do things that harm others that's evil. But an average corporation going about its business isn't intrinsically evil. Are companies providing goods and services that you want or need evil? That is the purpose of most companies, or corporations, to give goods and services in exchange for money. They do not exist to give you a great living. You make more within a company typically by taking on more responsibility or providing expertise that they need. It's a total fantasy to believe we should all be making great money working minimal hours and having a lot of time off. And it's a total fantasy to believe that in Europe that's the case.
corporations strive to make money. money is the root of all evil. so we have an evil system.

btw im only saying workers should not rent themselves as employees and i guarantee you they will make more money owning an equal portion of the business vs renting themselves. it doesnt mean its great money.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you love money?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yesterday at one of the worship services I attended the Pastor said this during the message:

“You cannot keep one foot in the world and one foot in God’s kingdom and still consider yourself a disciple of Christ.”

The topic of the message was discipleship.

I can’t agree this statement. I have heard this before but in my experience “all or nothing thinking” is a cognitive distortion that is dangerous and has always been counterproductive to my spiritual growth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.