Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
So let me ask and hopefully get an honest answer. What is the point of asking me do I love money?
The point was to ascertain whether you perceive yourself as a person who loves money or one who doesn’t not.

I ascertained that you perceive yourself as a person who doesn’t love money.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm talking about how you cherry pick verses out of context to bolster your arguments but by and large reject anything found in Scripture that you personally disagree with, calling the writers fallible men. You get it directly from the Holy Spirit, but not Christ's chosen Apostles if you disagree with them. When you start performing miracles or speak to all men everywhere in their own language as the Apostles did I'll take you seriously.
Do you lean towards “all or nothing thinking”? or
Do you think it is a type of cognitive distortion?

vantexan

You didn’t ask me to did you?

You asked me a question, I think the term you used was “intrinsically evil”.

Yes, I believe it is.
I did ask you and all I got is a yes. And now you say you believe it is intrinsically evil but you offer no justification for that opinion.

vantexan

Do you lean towards “all or nothing thinking”? or
Do you think it is a type of cognitive distortion?
Depends very much on what the subject is. But when Jesus says you can't serve two masters and you tell someone that's their theory you are rejecting what Jesus said. You seem to do that a lot with Scripture.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I did ask you and all I got is a yes. And now you say you believe it is intrinsically evil but you offer no justification for that opinion.
I did ask you and all I got is a yes.
That is correct your question was a yes or no question. You did not ask me to elaborate.
And now you say you believe it is intrinsically evil but you offer no justification for that opinion.
I was just restating the wording you actually used in the yes or no question that you asked, and I answered.

vantexan

The point was to ascertain whether you perceive yourself as a person who loves money or one who doesn’t not.

I ascertained that you perceive yourself as a person who doesn’t love money.
I gave an explanation about corporations to Ricky and you come out of the blue asking if I love money. And now I'm supposed to believe you asked that out of curiosity of whether I love money or not. I suspect there was more to your question than you're letting on.

vantexan

That is correct your question was a yes or no question. You did not ask me to elaborate.

I was just restating the wording you actually used in the yes or no question that you asked, and I answered.
More word salad. This is a discussion forum, not an interrogation. Have the courage of your convictions and explain why.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Depends very much on what the subject is. But when Jesus says you can't serve two masters and you tell someone that's their theory you are rejecting what Jesus said. You seem to do that a lot with Scripture.

Depends very much on what the subject is.
Please elaborate, what subjects might or might not apply to “all or nothing thinking”?

But when Jesus says you can't serve two masters and you tell someone that's their theory you are rejecting what Jesus said.
No I don’t believe that is what I’m doing here.
You seem to do that a lot with Scripture.
I don’t agree with your opinion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I gave an explanation about corporations to Ricky and you come out of the blue asking if I love money. And now I'm supposed to believe you asked that out of curiosity of whether I love money or not. I suspect there was more to your question than you're letting on.
I can’t help you here.

vantexan

Please elaborate, what subjects might or might not apply to “all or nothing thinking”?

No I don’t believe that is what I’m doing here.

I don’t agree with your opinion.
Of course you don't.

Right off the top of my head negotiating with dictators would be a good example. Appeasers, trying to give a dictator what he wants in hopes he'll go away, usually only embolden the dictator. WWII being a prime example. Sometimes you have to put your foot down. Right now our government is trying to appease the Iranian leaders. The result has been their continuing to fund terrorist groups and will ultimately lead to their getting a nuke.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course you don't.

Right off the top of my head negotiating with dictators would be a good example. Appeasers, trying to give a dictator what he wants in hopes he'll go away, usually only embolden the dictator. WWII being a prime example. Sometimes you have to put your foot down. Right now our government is trying to appease the Iranian leaders. The result has been their continuing to fund terrorist groups and will ultimately lead to their getting a nuke.
I don’t understand your example.

Not sure you understand “all or nothing thinking”.

Status
Not open for further replies.