Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Pastors are people so of course they’re not. But you wouldn’t understand because you don’t understand mercy, grace, and forgiveness, as well as repentance.
I agree.

But let’s be honest Pastors need to be better examples of Christ’s life, not just college professors theologian wannabes, and certain not 501c Institutional Church CEO wannabes either.

The need to be head servants in the church.

I say this with love.

Thebrownblob

My belief and observation is many pastors seem to lack the full power of the Holy Spirit and this is what gives the appearance of a feeble Christianity that lacks the power to carry out their own claims about it.
Perhaps, but I think the Bible shows that those who had direct communication with God and the Holy Spirit can also fall and are imperfect

David with Bathsheba (and quite a few few other things)

Noah was an introvert with a stuttering problem and no self-confidence

Sampson was Gifted with power and succumbed to his lustful desires

Etc. etc. God uses imperfect people because we are imperfect humans. Thankfully, there is repentance and forgiveness. But you have to seek it and understand that you sinned.

Thebrownblob

I agree.

But let’s be honest Pastors need to be better examples of Christ’s life, not just college professors theologian wannabes, and certain not 501c Institutional Church CEO wannabes either.

The need to be head servants in the church.

I say this with love.
I agree with that, and I think many pastors who went to theology school get a puffed up image of their self and put their selves on a mantle that they cannot stay on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The overwhelming majority of Christians are just humans trying to do the right thing. You focus on the ones who aren't for justification of how you live your life.
Not convinced this is a 100% accurate characterization of the overwhelming majority of Christians.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Perhaps, but I think the Bible shows that those who had direct communication with God and the Holy Spirit can also fall and are imperfect

David with Bathsheba (and quite a few few other things)

Noah was an introvert with a stuttering problem and no self-confidence

Sampson was Gifted with power and succumbed to his lustful desires

Etc. etc. God uses imperfect people because we are imperfect humans. Thankfully, there is repentance and forgiveness. But you have to seek it and understand that you sinned.
There is no doubt in my spirit that God has and still uses the worst of the worst.

He came to save sinners not the righteous.

Still have to be honest, a better Christian example by Pastors would probably benefit Christianity, no?

But no doubt God will still use them.

vantexan

Start a thread, I’d be glad to entertain your theory and religious doctrine in baptism in discussion there.

Or in private conversation if you would like.

You won’t.
I just asked a simple question. Curious as to whether that's something you feel necessary.

vantexan

There is no doubt in my spirit that God has and still uses the worst of the worst.

He came to save sinners not the righteous.

Still have to be honest, a better Christian example by Pastors would probably benefit Christianity, no?

But no doubt God will still use them.
So you associate ministers/pastors/preachers with the worst of the worst?

vantexan

I associated no one with anybody.
You said in the same post that God still uses the worst of the worst. That pastors should set a better example. But that God still has a use for them. So I asked a simple question.

You seem to have some interesting positions. You just told us that you don't see yourself as just a human trying to do the right thing. You've called UPS evil. You think rickyb has good ideas. That we should listen to the teachings of Christ and not the Bible but for the life of me I don't know where one would find his teachings other than in the Bible. And apparently you believe once you've accepted Jesus that's there's nothing one can do to lose his salvation. And downplay the seriousness of sin because it doesn't really matter, you're saved anyways. Interesting positions.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You said in the same post that God still uses the worst of the worst. That pastors should set a better example. But that God still has a use for them. So I asked a simple question.

You seem to have some interesting positions. You just told us that you don't see yourself as just a human trying to do the right thing. You've called UPS evil. You think rickyb has good ideas. That we should listen to the teachings of Christ and not the Bible but for the life of me I don't know where one would find his teachings other than in the Bible. And apparently you believe once you've accepted Jesus that's there's nothing one can do to lose his salvation. And downplay the seriousness of sin because it doesn't really matter, you're saved anyways. Interesting positions.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.